USAContactPoint Reviews

new employee

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at USAContactPoint as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

flexible schedule is always a plus in my book

Cons

I'm not sure, still new to this whole job.

the more you talk the more you make

Experience not good at all

I have been working at USAContactPoint for less than a year

Pros

You are hired immediately, you have no interviews and you start soon after you finish training which is very easy.

Cons

Even though you choose your own hours, the calls are slow. They put you in certain Tiers where you do not receive any calls, the pay is very little and to top it off, their phone dialer constantly fails to work properly. You have a schedule to adhere to and when the dialer is not letting you log on makes that very difficult and you are penalized for it even though its not your fault their equipment is not working.

Pay your employees by the hour and not by minutes, also put a little more money off into the equipment so that your employees can maintain their schedules and stop penalizing us for your dialers not working.

In Training

Current Employee - Work At Home
    Current Employee - Work At Home

I have been working at USAContactPoint full-time

Pros

Work from home, no waiting, immediately accepted.

Cons

I havent finished my training yet, but I will be curious to find out the call volume and pay. A lot of people on here haven't really given specifics in regards to pay. I understand its .18 min, but what are most people's average hours and what tier are you?

Be more clear on how the volume of calls work and provide more information regarding tiers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Retention Agent  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retention Agent in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at USAContactPoint part-time for less than a year

Pros

Bonuses for tire one agents (the top 15% based on retention rate) are significant; I'm averaging around $20/hr as a retention agent...Flexible scheduling and ability to work from home office...

Cons

Educating customers on the product they are calling you to cancel and getting them to keep their service is challenging - you must have or develop strong sales/retention skills to get the top pay. Still, it's not hard to make it to Tier 1 - most people don't even work - many others work part time and are in it for the smaller "tier 10" check...If you apply yourself, you can easily move up to Tier 1 Agent and and get the big bonuses...

Keep up the good work! This is a gem of an opportunity...

Do not even waster your time

I have been working at USAContactPoint as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The only pro is that you can work from home on your schedule.

Cons

This company is no good to work for, you get paid by the minute of actually talk time (0.18) IF you get calls. Your first day you will receive plenty of calls, but your next day you might be lucky if you get 1. The routing of calls is based on you ability to scam people out of money for credit monitoring. The more you scam the more calls you will get. There are no supervisors, and contractors that buck the system are not punished.
    The dealings of this company with customers is shady at best. People duped into signing up for paid credit monitoring by agreeing to a free credit score. So most the calls you will get are upset people calling you scammer, crook, thief, etc. and to cancel their account. So if you cancel, which you will, it will be held against you. At which time you have to refuse a refund because they "missed the 7-day window." Then you are left with a very irate customer and no options but to transfer.
    They offer an incentive program, but as soon as too many people get to the minimum incentive amount they raise the amount so you have to keep working.. In a period of 2 weeks the points were raised by 3000. This company is cheap and worthless.

Get new jobs you crooks

So Far So Good

I have been working at USAContactPoint as a contractor

Pros

There is no need for a land line

Cons

Not enough calls when new

More calls to all of us

Don't bother

I worked at USAContactPoint

Pros

Get to choose your own hours. There isn't really any other benefits.

Cons

Unorganized, get calls based on how many people you keep. Changes rules and goals constantly.

Fix your stuff.

USA ContactPoint

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at USAContactPoint as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

A few of the things that are great about working here:
    *Very flexible, at home job. Schedule in 1 hour blocks available 24/7
    *Call Center atmosphere
    *You will need solid retention skills to be successful and get more calls.

Cons

A few of the bad:
    *Call routing is based on PBR, not FIFO. In essence, the better you retain, the more calls you get. However, once completing certification and getting thrown into the que, there is little way to climb out of the lower tier of call routing.
    *Little training/feedback/advice - You are very much on your own.
    *Little opportunity for other positions that come open.
    *Poor pay structure

Review PBR and the pay structure. The pay is very low for the work done. Also, revamp continuing training. Using a forum to make announcements, go over things is non-effective.

Customer Service/ Retention Agent

Current Employee - Customer Service/Retention Agent  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Retention Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at USAContactPoint as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work from the comfort of your own home anytime 24/7. Minimum of 25 hours a week required.No background Check, No Drug test. All you need is a computer with decent internet speed, Headset with Mic, a comfortable chair, a quite work space and Must know English of course. Training is Online (About 4 hours) Decent Job if you are having trouble finding a job due to felonies on your record.

Cons

Pay Rate is 0.18 cents per minute so the longer you stay on the phone with customer the more you get paid. Hourly rate averages to $10/hour. Too easy for employees to slack off and not attend to customers need appropriately.

I believe a set Hourly Rate would be better for employees. Too many employees are taking their time on phone and holding up the lines since pay is per minute. Skype Interview with a least someone from Management would be nice to at least know we are not working for robots(Computers Only) Live interaction would be nice.

If you do good you get good

Current Employee - I Take Calls for Them  in  Midland, TX
    Current Employee - I Take Calls for Them in Midland, TX

I have been working at USAContactPoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

With these guys they give you more work if you work more. Other places I have worked they let the slackers get all the goodies but not here. That is why I think these guys are great.

Cons

There still are slackers and they kinda mess things up. I guess they need to hire a lot of people to get to the good people but whatever. Please don't join these guys if you want a paid vacation, it just slows everybody down.

Don't spend so much time concentrating on the slackers. They are wasting a lot of your time and that is not good. Keep concentrating on the people taking the calls for you and that is best for you and everyone.

Worked for USAContactPoint? Contribute to the Community!