USANA Health Sciences

www.usana.com

USANA Health Sciences Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

David A. Wentz

One of the best atmospheres to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat environment. Management team focuses on the well being on all employees. Awesome perks.

ConsSpace is getting small for the growing number of employees.

It's weird to work for an MLM

ProsGreat environment, good peers. Fantastic health awareness programs!

ConsParanoia, an open-door policy where they don't really answer any questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat employees like you're hiding something.

Changing culture and average pay

ProsGreat people, profit sharing for all employees, nice clean facilities, onsite gym. Time off policy is out dated and does not fit other companies in the industry. CEO is fantastic and a great guy with a good vision.

ConsCompensation is average to poor. Training budget is almost under heard of. Company use to promote within but has started to go outside more and more. Company vision used to be clear and employees understood how they made a difference. New leadership has changed the culture in a fews departments and the good working environment has shifted to a "what have you done for me lately" Officers are to focused on profit at the sacrifice of the companies reputation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

International Coordinator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture, great people, great management. You learn how to be healthy too.

ConsI can't really think of anything.

Learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly work environment with hourly employees, health benefits - gym, medical

ConsConstantly changing direction, short notice to make changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to the outside for talent

Extraordinary opportunity as an independent associate

Independent Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe company goes to great lengths in their research and development to design effective nutritional supplements that actually work. This makes it easier to market the products as clients typically have very positive results after trying the product for a few months. These new clients end up becoming lifelong consumers due to this positive health impact.

ConsThe downsides of being an independent representative is that you must hold yourself accountable to a schedule. Not having a boss is a blessing as well as a curse. You are only paid for the efforts of you and your team, so there is nowhere else to place blame if not having success.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe'd like to see more products in line with the "Nutrimeal Free"-type hypoallergenic food products. Perhaps investing in manufacturing facilities so we can be 100% gluten/soy/dairy free in manufacturing means we don't have to put that warning label on our products.

Excellent place to work. Feels like a family.

Director (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood pay scale and employees participate in profit sharing. Majority of employees work really hard and are very talented.

ConsNo career paths available for people who want to move up from the manager level.

The Many Advantages To Selling USANA'S Pharmceutical-Grade Vitamins.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI always got along very well with my co-workers because they were consistent people, who really enjoyed what they were doing. Also, the products were outstanding: vitamins, guaranteed weight-loss products, and Sense face cream, containing nothing harmful to your skin.

ConsUSANA Health Sciences was barely known in the Atlanta.area. I always had to persuade business prospects to give our company a chance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make every effort to advertise about USANA's great benefits on the radio, TV, flyers, and newspapers. Advertising really works!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Contradictions

ProsUsually fair pay measured against national/regional averages, Excellent focus on employee health and wellness, good benefits, the best supplements in the industry without question, great compensation plan for distributors, innovative online products and marketing

ConsFavoritism and nepotism is common, poor work/life balance in many departments, very poor employee review process with little meaning or value for employee improvement and/or retention, poor communication vertically often with unrealistic expectations for project delivery - change directions too frequently

Great Place to Work

Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsEveryone is very laid back and professional.
    They have a 24/7 Gym and offer free massages and personal trainers, as well as have organized workout groups
    Although they don't always pay the best, their great benefits balances that.

ConsIt takes time for everyone to get around to implement projects and make changes
    Since there is still a small company atmosphere present, getting hired into different positions isn't always based on qualifications, but more what friend and family member works there.

Worked for USANA Health Sciences? Contribute to the Community!