USANA Health Sciences

Good environment to

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in West Valley City, UT

I worked at USANA Health Sciences full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management is generally good at providing employees the tools they need to get the job done efficiently and with the least pain. They also support employees spending time each week teaching each other a new skill or technology. Naturally there is an emphasis on health: free gym, fitness classes, fruit in the break room daily.

Cons

The company is not willing to pay market rates for top-drawer software developers. This type of cost savings is short-sighted.

OK place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at USANA Health Sciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Open culture is embraced, not too many mormons, flexible work hours, work remote allowed for certain positions, casual dress code, some areas are very laid back, lots of fitness opportunity. There is enough work to keep people busy and revenue increases every quarter. Company is very stable.

Cons

Lower than average compensation, HR is very inexperienced. Building and parking areas are full and they are not expanding but keep hiring. All the C levels are "friends" of the CEO and not necessarily the best candidates for their positions. No direction, management is very inexperienced, feels like several companies under one roof.

Gone downhill in the last 2 years. Take care of your good people, get rid of the dead weight. You are paying a lot of salaries to folks who play games on Facebook all day and don't really work. Those that work are burning out and leaving. Opportunities seem to go to hand-picked people and not really the people who are working towards them. And some serious housecleaning is needed in IT at all levels! You could axe several teams and directors there and still accomplish the same amount of work. Your productive employees might appreciate seeing some accountability.

It's weird to work for an MLM

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences as a contractor

Pros

Great environment, good peers. Fantastic health awareness programs!

Cons

Paranoia, an open-door policy where they don't really answer any questions.

Don't treat employees like you're hiding something.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best atmospheres to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great environment. Management team focuses on the well being on all employees. Awesome perks.

Cons

Space is getting small for the growing number of employees.

Changing culture and average pay

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, profit sharing for all employees, nice clean facilities, onsite gym. Time off policy is out dated and does not fit other companies in the industry. CEO is fantastic and a great guy with a good vision.

Cons

Compensation is average to poor. Training budget is almost under heard of. Company use to promote within but has started to go outside more and more. Company vision used to be clear and employees understood how they made a difference. New leadership has changed the culture in a fews departments and the good working environment has shifted to a "what have you done for me lately" Officers are to focused on profit at the sacrifice of the companies reputation.

Learning experience

I worked at USANA Health Sciences full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Friendly work environment with hourly employees, health benefits - gym, medical

Cons

Constantly changing direction, short notice to make changes.

Look to the outside for talent

International Coordinator

I worked at USANA Health Sciences

Pros

Great culture, great people, great management. You learn how to be healthy too.

Cons

I can't really think of anything.

Extraordinary opportunity as an independent associate

Current Employee - Independent Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company goes to great lengths in their research and development to design effective nutritional supplements that actually work. This makes it easier to market the products as clients typically have very positive results after trying the product for a few months. These new clients end up becoming lifelong consumers due to this positive health impact.

Cons

The downsides of being an independent representative is that you must hold yourself accountable to a schedule. Not having a boss is a blessing as well as a curse. You are only paid for the efforts of you and your team, so there is nowhere else to place blame if not having success.

We'd like to see more products in line with the "Nutrimeal Free"-type hypoallergenic food products. Perhaps investing in manufacturing facilities so we can be 100% gluten/soy/dairy free in manufacturing means we don't have to put that warning label on our products.

Excellent place to work. Feels like a family.

Former Employee - Director  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at USANA Health Sciences full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay scale and employees participate in profit sharing. Majority of employees work really hard and are very talented.

Cons

No career paths available for people who want to move up from the manager level.

The Many Advantages To Selling USANA'S Pharmceutical-Grade Vitamins.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at USANA Health Sciences part-time for more than a year

Pros

I always got along very well with my co-workers because they were consistent people, who really enjoyed what they were doing. Also, the products were outstanding: vitamins, guaranteed weight-loss products, and Sense face cream, containing nothing harmful to your skin.

Cons

USANA Health Sciences was barely known in the Atlanta.area. I always had to persuade business prospects to give our company a chance.

Try to make every effort to advertise about USANA's great benefits on the radio, TV, flyers, and newspapers. Advertising really works!

Worked for USANA Health Sciences? Contribute to the Community!