USANA Health Sciences

USANA Health Sciences Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

Updated May 29, 2014

David A. Wentz

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

One of the best atmospheres to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat environment. Management team focuses on the well being on all employees. Awesome perks.

ConsSpace is getting small for the growing number of employees.

Excellent place to work. Feels like a family.

Director (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood pay scale and employees participate in profit sharing. Majority of employees work really hard and are very talented.

ConsNo career paths available for people who want to move up from the manager level.

Great Place to Work

Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsEveryone is very laid back and professional.
    They have a 24/7 Gym and offer free massages and personal trainers, as well as have organized workout groups
    Although they don't always pay the best, their great benefits balances that.

ConsIt takes time for everyone to get around to implement projects and make changes
    Since there is still a small company atmosphere present, getting hired into different positions isn't always based on qualifications, but more what friend and family member works there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best companies to work for, they take care of their employees exceptionally well

Systems Operator (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThey care about the people.
    The bonuses are great.
    They promote internally a lot.
    They are growing very fast.

ConsThe customer service management team sucks, the managers will never promote minority groups.Some of the guys I know have been there for 10 years and the Customer service supervisor will not promote them , but will promote a non-black person who got there 6months ago.
    It happens all the time. Crazy.
    That is the only complain I have with this company, and I honestly think it does not reflect on the company but that particular department alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer service management just need to all be fired and let go.
    We need some non- biased people.

GREAT EXPERIENCE

Japanese Represetitive (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat benefits if youre in to health.
    Always trained and treated well.
    Fun place to work for and international company.
    The managment is amazing and always willing to help

ConsTravel. Not alot of room for advancement
    The facility is nice but it seems pretty cramped
    The reviews are not done on a timely manner
    The location is not great for such a large company

great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Prosit has a very good team work, i am satisfied

Consyou cannot be a member of usana until you cannot pay-in

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it up..

Great benefits. (Fitness Center and in door basketball court)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGood benefits, great co-workers and free products.

ConsSome departments do not get paid very well compared to the same at other companies. Some departments are very lax and others departments are more strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward those who deserve it. And get to know your employees.

Great experience, pay was low

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsUSANA is a fast-moving forward thinking company. Sometimes senior management seems to be focused only on the current quarter, but overall it is a good company to work for.

ConsLower than average pay. Favortism among employees gets you promoted, not actual performance. Takes 5 years to get 3 weeks of vacation.

Great place to earn part time

Independent Associate (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsYou get to choose your time. You are free to work wherever and whenever you want.

ConsYou will only get paid through commisions by sales volume. No volume, no pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd more compensation plans.

USANA Health Sciences, one of the best employers in Utah.

Director (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe company is diversified, to a degree, which is difficult to find in the state of Utah. The company provides extra benefits, such as work-out facilities, massages, personal trainers, full-size basketball court, yoga classes, etc... The company is concerned with helping their employees and not only concerned about using them to get the work done.

ConsThe industry (direct selling/MLM) isn't the most glamorous, and at times you feel that the people selling the products (the distributors) run the company and dictate too much what the company does.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify the company's sales channels. Although it may be difficult to do in the industry , and many/most who have tried, have failed, I don't think its impossible. I believe the company is a good company and should continue to try and influence the world, not only through direct selling, but other avenues (explore the nootropic revolution that is about to happen as well as alternative retailing of products that don't compete with the direct selling products).

Worked for USANA Health Sciences? Contribute to the Community!