USBC

USBC Reviews

2.5

Andrew Cain

nice people but a serious lack of leadership at the Executive Director Level

I worked at USBC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good sport, good coworkers,nice office building to work out of, excellent location and decent pay for a non profit

Cons

Lack of leadership at the ED level, board is way to involved in decisions, very political

Hire someone who is not afraid to make changes to the organization...the company is bleeding to death and someone needs to be given the empowerment to make decisions to fix the problem...empower your employees!!!

Run!!!

I worked at USBC (less than an year)

Pros

In general i though the pppl are nice but felt management caused horrible treatment .But the sport I will love 4 forever

Cons

Opinion- board ripped the best ppl out for money/ revenge to downsize- better jobs in merchandising for bowling, dont bother here

I think they will sink the sport and not care - bowlers - u think u ll be treated right?, they offer nothing!!!!!!
    Opinion yet again please explain -USBC = your budget? , Bpaa-= sponsor rumors, ?? get back to our sport! and service!!!!

Not bad, a bit slow, a bit misdirected as a company sometimes.

I have been working at USBC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers. Comfortable work environment.

Cons

In 5 years they went through 2 down sizings and eliminated positions including mine.

The board and higher ups need to focus on bringing in income and not allow membership to dictate every decision because they don't want yearly membership fees to be increased. Based on a lack of job security and the number of employees I saw get released in the 5 years I was there I would caution anyone applying for a job with them.

Good sport experience opportunity for college students

Former Employee - Intern in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Intern in Arlington, TX

I worked at USBC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot about bowling

Cons

No real cons, enjoyed the experience

Incompetent higher management in the Leadership

Current Employee - Engineer in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Arlington, TX

I have been working at USBC

Pros

It's a good place to work ONLY if you love bowling and the politics that go with it.

Cons

If you're not among the Higher management favorites, then forget it. Employees are treated like crap. USBC is one place where there's almost no value for actual talent. Matter of fact it is one company where I have seen the breed of the most incompetent people.

Learn how to value your sincere employees.

Poor General Experience

Former Employee - Research Engineer in Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - Research Engineer in Arlington, TX

I worked at USBC

Pros

A Love of bowling, great workers, ability to travel, dealing with normal people at conventions, ability to learn on the fly.

Cons

Exceptionally poor senior management, board only cares about themselves.

Listen to your employees, do not spend $25M to move to Arlington, TX; The board of directors have no concern for the general employees, highly political workplace