USI Insurance Services
www.usi.biz Valhalla, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

USI Insurance Services Reviews

Updated Mar 14, 2014

Michael J. Sicard

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at USI Insurance Services full-time

ProsDepending on what career path is, there is room to grow.

ConsSome of the staff is not very friendly.

Best job in the industry!

Regional Claim and Risk Control Director (Current Employee)
Needham, MA

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time for more than 10 years

ProsInsurance is a team sport! This an environment where every member of the team is valued and recognized for their contribution. The authentic quest for excellence breeds creativity and spirited collaboration. I contribute at a higher level because I am surrounded by a talented group of professionals who are as invested in the success of their colleagues as much as their own. The opportunities for anyone looking to make a difference are endless! With " whatever is in the customers best interests" as our guide, we are encouraged to find meaningful and impact solutions that go way beyond simply fulfilling a task.

Fun! Corporate and local CEO's as well as Senior Leadership recognize and promote a fun workplace. As the calendar moves thru the seasons, themed parties, region to region sports rivalries, holiday and client service awards, employees look forward to the next stress relieving event and truly appreciate the emphasis on playing as hard as they work!

ConsBuilt by acquisition and the commitment to maintaining the footprint of local presence lends itself to culture variances which has its pros and cons. With Increased collaboration between local offices and regions our collective goals can be met with increased frequency.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for additional opportunities to celebrate the contribution of the service teams and those members who go beyond the scope of their job description.

Best Insurance Agency

Leadership Position (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDelivers great solutions to customers using proprietary solutions. Collegial atmosphere. Very bright co-workers. Culture of rewarding success.

ConsMust be motivated to succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Rewarding career.

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is a large nation-wide company with a small company feel. Leadership is local and on the ground.

ConsThe company is in a growth mode.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee recognition goes a long way.

On the move

senior vp (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

ProsCommitted local management team working hard to move forward. Great group of collaborators in how we approach our daily operation. Love the collegial approach.

ConsNot for everyone but is for focused, organized, and talented.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Excellent company with great opportunities

White Plains, NY

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

ProsOur office has a great team of people who work we'll together. People collaborate, attitudes are positive, and you can feel the positive attitude. There is a great deal of knowledge within the ranks.

ConsThere are no cons at this time. The company is evolving. My hope is that the positive environment continues.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is good in our region. Keep motivating the employees through education and positive reinforcement. Encourage people to develop skills outside their comfort zone.

Love being part of an innovative and growing company!

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time for more than 5 years

ProsContinuous investments in training, tools & resources at the national, regional & local level to ensure our associates success. Positive team environment. Competitive Benefits Package that includes matching 401k, generous PTO, recognition & awards for sales and non-sales position, and more...

ConsNo company is perfect but USI is perfect for me.

Long term career opportunity

I have been working at USI Insurance Services part-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've worked for USI for 7 years and I'm still learning and growing every day. USI offers long term challenging careers with growth opportunity. They support and encourage continuing education. They have very good employee and business referral incentive programs.

ConsThey could improve in the area of onboarding new employees and training. But, they do offer more training than other places I've worked at in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to listen to employees concerns and communicate a plan to implement positive change when needed.

A great place to work, I am loving USI.

Valhalla, NY

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

ProsPassionate, hard working leadership with strong focus on taking USI to the next level. Dedicated, smart, talented employee base. Dedication to career development, mentoring, training and support. Great people - great environment.Growth pains from aggressive acquisition strategy and strong organic growth. Lots of change happening fast but good change and focused change.

ConsIf you are inflexible and not accustomed to change it is not the place for you - the company is moving fast with focus but you have to be willing and able to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course!

Great balance but lacks guidance.

Knoxville, TN

I have been working at USI Insurance Services part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work life balance. The office, for the most part had enjoyable co-workers and it is a 'get your work done' type atmosphere with no micromanaging. a good place to work if you want to come in- get your work done and then have a life when you leave.

ConsThere is a lot of nepotism occurring. It is really hard to get a straight answer regarding growth opportunities and they seemed to be taking advantage of the front desk position that was described as turning into a full time salaried position. What they really seemed to be doing was getting around the fact that they needed a full time secretary.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaving clear and understood office appropriateness that applies to everyone is needed as well as having a structured training initiative.

Worked for USI Insurance Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USI Insurance Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for USI Insurance Services CEO Michael J. Sicard. All 48 reviews posted anonymously by USI Insurance Services employees.