USI Insurance Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Michael J. Sicard

Pros
  • Good people, decent technology with favorable work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Passionate, hard working leadership with strong focus on taking USI to the next level (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I have seen excellent talent fired only to be replaced by more expensive less qualified people (in 3 reviews)

• Poor upper management replacements and poor business practices led to most of the benefits department to depart (in 2 reviews)

1. Laid back

I worked at USI Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, laid back environment, stable job, and Insurance company pays for insurance license

Cons

No advancement within company, pay was not enough, no bonuses or commission.

Advice to Management

N/A

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at USI Insurance Services

Pros

Great group of smart, professional, friendly people to work with and to partner on projects. Exclusive programs, such as USI Educates, USI Cares and USI Gives Back demonstrate USI's commitment to corporate social responsibility. Company is only getting better as senior leadership continues to invest in resources and talent; future looks bright.

Cons

Sometimes long hours but usually project-related and cyclical. Company expanding quickly so growing pains are to be expected. USI doesn't have a large presence yet in some areas of U.S. so more needs to be done to increase awareness.

3. Great!

I worked at USI Insurance Services

Pros

Great work environment. Dynamic, growing, supportive company. It may depend on which location you work and to which team you are assigned. Great benefits.

Cons

Technology could stand to be updated. Some of the old guard should be retired and make room for fresh, new, innovative ideas.

Advice to Management

Some of the old guard should be retired and make room for fresh, new, innovative ideas. Otherwise, not much advice to give.

5. Love USI

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at USI Insurance Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can't say enough good things about this firm. USI growing like crazy and yet is working hard to recognize and reward employees at all levels. They offer incentive programs for all levels, great time off and a comprehensive benefits program. Really smart people across the country.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard, but it will pay off. If you want to slack off or not be noticed, this is NOT the place for you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making the company as strong as possible, and our value propositions more compelling than any competitor. Keep up the great work!

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Johnston, RI
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Johnston, RI

I have been working at USI Insurance Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

The folks I work with directly are great.

Cons

The company does not seem to care about its employees. There are never any raises given out, of any kind, with your annual review. The benefit package is mediocre. And the current office is gross.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. There is too much "do as I say not as I do."

7. Senior Account Manager

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're willing to work hard and don't complain you will be noticed by executives. Was offered a role within a project that was highly visible to the CEO, COO and Regional VP of Marketing.

Cons

The employees who have been employed there for longer than 3 years were very lacks. They complained all the time and or gossiped.

Advice to Management

Keep check on your debbie downers and your chatty cathys. What they do does effect the work of the good employees.

The company itself was great. Unfortunately, the team leader in our office lacked leadership skills.

Former Employee - Assistant Account Manager Commercial Lines in Southeast Owasco, NY

I worked at USI Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's such a large company that there is lots of room to grow and The opportunity to relocate to a different office.

Cons

There is poor regional and local management and/or leadership and no oversight or insight as to how they are treating coworkers.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training and reviewing local "team leaders."

good co.

I worked at USI Insurance Services

Pros

Great team environment, work schedule

Cons

Salary, amount of work, lack of help

Stay Away

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a moment of hope when it looked as if management was finally making strides for the better, but alas it was nothing more than an illusion. This is a terrible place with exhsausting levels of drama created by senior leadership.

Cons

Salary- lowest on the market, empty promises of raises and bonuses, just to string you along. Extreme cases of favoritism - they pick and choose what the want to address based on who they like the most. Quality of your work won't matter if you aren't on the short list of favorites. I was warned about this place before taking the job, this is an awful place.

Advice to Management

Putting people in charge of others who have no social or peoples skills is a huge mistake. I have seen great talent leave your doors and be demoted, and you ought to be ashamed for letting that happen.

Great, Producer Focused Organization

Current Employee - Producer in Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at USI Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am a new producer at USI and love the way this company thinks about success. They are working very hard to support me, I have had outstanding sales training and my Practice Leader works with me daily to support me in prioritizing prospects, practicing call scripts, and preparing alongside other professionals for first appointment meetings. If you are dedicated to being successful you really can't go wrong here.

Cons

It is a very focused, highly driven environment. If you are not committed to being a successful producer than it would be hard to fit in. Not an easy place to just sit on a book.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the momentum that you have, keep building. This is a standout organization with the right infrastructure built for success.

RSS Feed </> Embed