USIC

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Stayton

Pros
  • You get a company vehicle to drive home and they cover fuel and all maintenance(in 12 reviews)

• I would say company truck but you can only use it for work purposes now(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay raises are once a year & you MIGHT get a 3% raise(in 5 reviews)

• Upper management is constantly questioning the decicions they hired you to make(in 5 reviews)

Great

Utility Locator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLearn a lot about different utilities and how things are built. this company is a great jump off point to a better career

Consheavy rotation with employees all the time

Advice to Senior Managementmy boss is great keep it up

Pretty decent job

Supervisor (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIf you are in with upper management you are set up pretty good.Alot of freedom throughout the day.Bonuses for performance is nice.

ConsAnnual raises are pretty bad. Upper management does not care about technicians which makes it hard to manage people.Alot of my peers are lazy. Management tells you the supervisor job is the hardest job in the company,but they undervalue the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your supervisors better.They are the ones who drive the business.

Lots of unappreciated work

Locate Technician (Former Employee) Adrian, MI

ProsCompany vehicle with gas card,

ConsDifficult to get a day off, being called out in the middle of the night, no room for advancement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Locate Tech

Utility Locate Technician (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsWorking independently no one on you back pay for new comers

Consworking in winter and prints

Advice to Senior Managementbetter trucks for all not just older techs

WORST company EVER

Utility Locator (Current Employee) Apopka, FL

ProsThere are NO PROS WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY.

ConsThey will use you until your no longer needed then dump you. They expect more with less and are never satisfied. You will never hear good job from them. Your hours will be long including weekends and holidays. They expect you to work until all locates for that day are done no matter how long it takes. This company is without a doubt the worst.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your empolyee's as human beings instead of garbage. Absolutely no respect for the locators in this company even though they do all the work.

The company experience has been like all other jobs, it is what you make of it.

Utility Locator (Current Employee)

ProsPay and benefits not bad after a few years.

ConsTo few workers for the workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the Obamacare for large companies looming in the future, take a hard look before you decide to dump everyone onto the exchanges. The insurance is one of the things that is great with the company at the present time. Look hard at allowing part time employees, a couple in each area during the dig season would go far to alleviate some stressful conditions. Part timers could also work the daytime hours in the off season if needed. Extend the training times for new techs, teach them everything and have them able to do all aspects of the job (including customer specific requirements) before they get to field.

Don't work at this company!

Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) Richland Center, WI

ProsVarious worksites,Work outdoors
    Work somewhat independently

Conson call 24/7, horrendous workload, 0 family time and no raises. Locators have no control on the amount of tickets assigned, ticket scope of work or due dates. Expect to get no help to manage your area because management refuses to staff areas properly. Their greed is your stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementI worked almost 7 years for you hoping someone would step up to plate and bat for the locator team. It's time to clean house and realize you all have failed to oil the production machine.The management doesn't make a dime for the company; the locators do!

worst super in the world

Utility Locator (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Proscompany vehicle at a tremendous cost

ConsMore work than you can possibly do with little to no help. Supervisors only care about the amount of tickets you complete.They will throw you under the bus first chance they get.Will not except any responsibility for anything. March-November is 10+hours a day,and always 6 days a week. Stress level is very high. Don't work here if you have a family,you wont see them much and the stress can make you take it out on them.On call is a week long plus you still have your own work to do on top of that.
    I absolutely HATED working there,and have a great job now.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue about people instead of greed.

a job that will keep you afloat until you find something better

Underground Facility Locator (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

Proswork from home, take vehicle home

Conson call rotation, lack of teeth from management to those who take advantage of others

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to recognize internal talent

Stress+stress=unhappy.

Utility Locator (Current Employee)

ProsTake home truck. You get benefits.

ConsMore work than you can possibly do with little to no help. Supervisors only care about the amount of tickets you complete. March-November is 10+hours a day,and usually 6 days a week. Stress level is very high. Dont work here us you have a family,you wont see them much and the stress can make you take it out on them.
    I absolutely HATE working here,and am always looking to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesnt matter what the locators advise,it is always the same year after year.

Worked for USIC? Contribute to the Community!