USNR

Not yet rated.

George Van Hoomissen

different

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

Prossecurity. and younever know whats going to happen.

Constime away from family or friends.

Advice to Senior Management?

Awesome

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsTravel, Benefits, health care, pay,

ConsUnable to predict some schedules

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Fantastic

ProsDefinitely can get the best benefits with usnr and uncle sam takes care of you

ConsSme beauracracy to deal with and must work the system sometomes to get the next job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experience you get while still working in your field.

ProsPeople you interact with and the places you may end up traveling to. There are benefits when you are working.

ConsNot a whole lot of flexibility, but the pay is still there when you need it and the benefits too.

Great place!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a great place to start your career. An excellent "foot in the door." I loved it and recommend it!

ConsSometimes the hourse are a little crazy but overall it's to be expected. You really need to like to work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they should try to make more of an effor to notice the little things. More emphasis should be placed on the details.

Pleasant enough experience

Field Technician (Former Employee)

ProsI was at Newnes just after the USNR purchase. They tried to keep us as long as possible but the market collapse killed it. The people I worked under were good people who looked out for me for the most part. They were very good about listening to customer needs and addressing them. They also went to bat for you if the customer was acting inappropriately.

ConsWhen I was laid off, USNR was in the process of changing the way things were done. I am not sure what it is like now.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind that field technicians spend a significant amount of time away from home. Part of the job yes but people with significant experience are very hard to replace. They might need to set up some kind of program for job rotation.

Worked for USNR? Contribute to the Community!