UST Global

UST Global Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

UST Global CEO Sajan Pillai

Sajan Pillai

Pros:
  • "Moderate work life balance, more dependent on the kind of project manager you have"
    in 21 reviews
  • "I like the work culture of UST Global and it is a very comfortable place to work"
    in 23 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is a challenge"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Have a very strict HR dress code, and they stress on it as a master of factly"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Company to Start With

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWork Culture and Work Environment. Flexibility to do what you are in interested in rather than whats available.

ConsPolitics in Growing up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to people before they raise a red flag

Nice Company !!

Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood working environment, Colleagues, Good learning curves in terms of domain knowledge.

ConsLow Salary and hikes compared to similar jobs outside in other companies.

Great place to start as a noobie but not so much later

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)

Pros1) Good culture and will enjoy work when working under some managers
    2) Tons of opportunity to pick up and learn new areas for university recruits
    3) Management bold enough to experiment with novel ideas and methods
    4) Maintaining long term and strong relationships with their clients

Cons1) Compensation is not competitive. So to keep egos in check there are many made up titles and there are positions (read as people) that are superfluous to business operations. These directly affect the quality of the deliverables produced.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great organization; putting in a little effort to keep the people who do the leg work happy will go a long way in taking you to the next level.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for.

Newbury Park, CA

ProsWilling to train if you possess some experience.

ConsCommunication between management and staff.

Stay away!

Appraisal Assignments (Former Employee)
    Coraopolis, PA

ProsDecent pay compared to other companies in area and coworkers at same pay grade are great (not key word, SAME pay grade)

ConsThis place is a joke when it comes to being hired on! You start out as a 6 month temp to full time employee but when 6 months comes around you have to hunt down your manager to ask if your being hired on... Same with month 7...8...9.... And almost at 10 they layoff you with a group of others. This place is a joke!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating your employees like people and not dogs... In fact dogs are treated better!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Not a good IT firm to work for

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsStrong list of blue chip customers
    Gain broad IT experience on multiple platforms
    Free soda in AV headquarters

ConsRace to the bottom approach
    Only wins new clients on price, not quality
    Will say 'yes' to any client at the detriment of consultants
    Believes only India has capacity to fill positions, but it's really a problem of low US pay

Advice to Senior ManagementSource locally, pay more, get more quality, grow clients on quality

Great Company to work for

Associate Architect (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsEmployee friendly, good health benefits and a lot of growth potential

ConsCompensation is much less than industry standards

Read below and think twice before working here.

Business Operations (Former Employee)
    Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros1. Some of people are very nice and easily to get along with. 2. Billiards table to take a break and relieve stress. 3. Free drinks in the break room. Not many pros about working here.

ConsI am rating this on the Aliso Viejo HQ. My experience does not range outside of that office. If this is your only option for employment then take it but beware. Instantly working there you can tell the company culture is a like a caste system. The company is Indian based one. Therefore most of full-time employees are Indian while the non-Indian employees are treated like second class citizens and most of them are contract workers. The non-Idian employees work in major fear of being fired. You can be let go for no particular reason. In my short time when I worked there more than 5 people were let go. One lady in recruiting was let go for speaking up. She was promoted from receptionist to recruiting and for three months after she was being paid her receptionist salary. Be careful of what you say because they will let you go if any negativity about the company. Meanwhile the Indian workers are more worried about their titles, offices, and appeasing the CEO to move up.

The culture is horrible. Employees are not happy there and often can be seen grieving to one another about their problems. Low wages are a problem, barely any holidays because someone in India complained, and no company outings/team activities. I would often see on many occasions the CEO getting private massages in his office. Why can't you spend that money on employees so that they maybe more satisfied? One employee told me that her boss said when she first started there that he wouldn't be surprised if she left after what she saw. There is also not much collaboration. The office space has major problems. The Indian workers are often in their offices with their doors closed. Meanwhile the non-Indian workers are stuck in their cubicles spread out and this does not encourage collaboration. Lastly on many occasions I saw women being treated horribly. I will not name names but I was sad to see these women who work hard not recognized for their hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees, change the culture, and take notice or the company will fail.

Good company for starters.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGood work atmosphere. Good work culture.

ConsAs growing company the company is performing ok.

Does not pay travel expenses

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Columbia, MD

Prosturns a deaf ear to employee concern

Cons1. Will not pay travel expenses and HR/Middle Managers will force you to relocate or quit.
    2. Will ask employee to bring own laptop to work
    3. It will take you 2-4 weeks to get a UST laptop (or client laptop) to work
    4. Middle managers will want to overpower you by threats of replacing you
    5. Will quote policy in order to evade employee concern.
    6. Its a body shop - no career growth for IT professionals

Worked for UST Global? Contribute to the Community!

UST Global Videos

UST Global – Why Work for Us?

Mission Our values are embraced in the hearts and minds of every UST employee who then embodies these values and shares them throughout our company and with our clients. Across UST locations worldwide, you will find… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UST Global reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UST Global CEO Sajan Pillai. All 299 reviews posted anonymously by UST Global employees.