UST Global Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
2.7

UST Global CEO Sajan Pillai
Sajan Pillai

Pros
  • Moderate work life balance, more dependent on the kind of project manager you have (in 23 reviews)

• I like the work culture of UST Global and it is a very comfortable place to work (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • very bad dress code policy mon to frd you have to wear tie (in 12 reviews)

• Work life balance is a challenge (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Stay away!

Former Employee - Appraisal Assignments  in  Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Appraisal Assignments in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at UST Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Decent pay compared to other companies in area and coworkers at same pay grade are great (not key word, SAME pay grade)

Cons

This place is a joke when it comes to being hired on! You start out as a 6 month temp to full time employee but when 6 months comes around you have to hunt down your manager to ask if your being hired on... Same with month 7...8...9.... And almost at 10 they layoff you with a group of others. This place is a joke!

Start treating your employees like people and not dogs... In fact dogs are treated better!

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Associate Architect  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Architect in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UST Global full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employee friendly, good health benefits and a lot of growth potential

Cons

Compensation is much less than industry standards

Read below and think twice before working here.

Former Employee - Business Operations  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Operations in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at UST Global as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

1. Some of people are very nice and easily to get along with. 2. Billiards table to take a break and relieve stress. 3. Free drinks in the break room. Not many pros about working here.

Cons

I am rating this on the Aliso Viejo HQ. My experience does not range outside of that office. If this is your only option for employment then take it but beware. Instantly working there you can tell the company culture is a like a caste system. The company is Indian based one. Therefore most of full-time employees are Indian while the non-Indian employees are treated like second class citizens and most of them are contract workers. The non-Idian employees work in major fear of being fired. You can be let go for no particular reason. In my short time when I worked there more than 5 people were let go. One lady in recruiting was let go for speaking up. She was promoted from receptionist to recruiting and for three months after she was being paid her receptionist salary. Be careful of what you say because they will let you go if any negativity about the company. Meanwhile the Indian workers are more worried about their titles, offices, and appeasing the CEO to move up.

The culture is horrible. Employees are not happy there and often can be seen grieving to one another about their problems. Low wages are a problem, barely any holidays because someone in India complained, and no company outings/team activities. I would often see on many occasions the CEO getting private massages in his office. Why can't you spend that money on employees so that they maybe more satisfied? One employee told me that her boss said when she first started there that he wouldn't be surprised if she left after what she saw. There is also not much collaboration. The office space has major problems. The Indian workers are often in their offices with their doors closed. Meanwhile the non-Indian workers are stuck in their cubicles spread out and this does not encourage collaboration. Lastly on many occasions I saw women being treated horribly. I will not name names but I was sad to see these women who work hard not recognized for their hard work.

Invest in employees, change the culture, and take notice or the company will fail.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company for starters.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst

I have been working at UST Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good work atmosphere. Good work culture.

Cons

As growing company the company is performing ok.

Worst place to work in the 20th Century

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at UST Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

The hiring process is quick

Cons

DO NOT TRUST THEM. If one team member does not like you they will fire you. They do not like Americans. They hire directly out of India not even considering US candidates. This company is a staff augmentation company and nothing more. SWEAT SHOT. It is one of the worse companies I have seen in this century. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM YOU WILL GET ------. They are extremely disorganized and do not know how to run a business. They have no project work at all. Even in there large accounts. All of the people over from India are treated like slaves. It is absolutely aweful.

Does not pay travel expenses

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at UST Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

turns a deaf ear to employee concern

Cons

1. Will not pay travel expenses and HR/Middle Managers will force you to relocate or quit.
    2. Will ask employee to bring own laptop to work
    3. It will take you 2-4 weeks to get a UST laptop (or client laptop) to work
    4. Middle managers will want to overpower you by threats of replacing you
    5. Will quote policy in order to evade employee concern.
    6. Its a body shop - no career growth for IT professionals

Bad experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at UST Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

No pros from my experience

Cons

I got selection to UST thru campus recruitment. But unfortunately it was the recession time. So I had to wait for 2 yrs to get into this company after college. I was lucky that I was able to find another job as soon as I got out of the company. But when they called after 2 years wait, they were not ready to consider the 2 years experience I had. They told I have to go normal 3 month training process. They finally agreed to consider my experience after 3 months training, but they never kept their promise. I finally ended up in resigning UST job as I was moving to US. But I was highy dissatisfied with there approach.

Blood Suckers !!!

Former Employee - Software Developer  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Richmond, VA

I worked at UST Global as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

There's nothing positive to say about this company.

Cons

DO NOT JOIN - RUN FAR FAR AWAY !

Nepotism runs thru the company and is bordering racism - the middle managers have a team of bullies to control and command the so called workers. Worst culture ever - employees are considered money making machines.

you are running a body shop - reform or perish !

Good Work Culture

I have been working at UST Global

Pros

Cons

Salary is less compared to other firms

Good Job

Stay Away

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at UST Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule based on client requirement

Cons

- No growth opportunities (promotions based on service duration rather than performance)
    - No training/development opportunities
    - Sweat shop culture
    - Non- existing HR
    - Unethical HR Practices

- Start giving raises based on client feedback
    - Hire employees who are familiar with U.S work culture and have good commnication skills rather than sending cheap labor from offshore office

Worked for UST Global? Contribute to the Community!