UST Global

UST Global Reviews in Thiruvananthapuram

Updated Jul 28, 2014

UST Global CEO Sajan Pillai

Sajan Pillai

Pros
  • Moderate work life balance, more dependent on the kind of project manager you have (in 23 reviews)

• I like the work culture of UST Global and it is a very comfortable place to work (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • very bad dress code policy mon to frd you have to wear tie (in 12 reviews)

• Work life balance is a challenge (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights
72 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place to work

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Pros1. Best company for freshers
    2. Easy certification process.
    3. Good training facilities

Cons1. Regional Dominance
    2. Low hikes

Advice to Senior ManagementGive chances to the people, who actually works.

It is what it is.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsGood Location.
    Technopark layout is good.

ConsA lot of things that are currently in place

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more assured in your decisions. Cultivate ambitions and be non-partial in your dealings. The presence of cultural segregation is thick in the air.

Good for freshers or laterals (without big ambition) planning for a leisure retirement company.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Pros1. Talented people get excellent visibility.
    2. Good work-life balance and flexibility for most people.
    3. Lots of cultural and engagement activities for employees.

Cons1. Monotonous work after about 4-6 months.
    2. if you're under performer, Buttering will save you to an extent.
    3. pay is comparatively very high for laterals who do almost the same kind of work as freshers do.
    4. all the above points differ highly from account to account.

Advice to Senior Management1. Need to Improve transparency in almost all the areas.
    2. Better ranking program to rate employees in identifying their talents and then deciding their pay rather than clubbing people on a more generic aspect.
    3. Keeping in place a return of investment plan for sponsorship.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great environment to grow but pathetic hike.

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsGreat environment to grow CAREER Knowledge wise

ConsWorst in giving hike. Best to negotiate and get max when you are joining..

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE TRY TO NEGATE THE AMOUNT OF POLITICS PLAYED IN TEAM IS.. LISTEN ATLEAST ONCE IN A BLUEMOON TO MANAGER REVIEWS BY EMPLOYEES.

Unstable company. Difficult to get a good project.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsSmall company so some specific HR policies are flexible unlike big players (tcs, infy, wipro)

ConsHighly unstable company. Hard to find a good project. A lackluster RMG team who are not at all proactive in allocating projects to people on the bench.

Firing people who are on the bench without providing opportunities. 3 of my teammates from my last project got fired when they were on bench. They were given 60 days to find a new job! Very scary. One of them had been working with UST for more than 2 years. Also read an article in Deccan Chronicle that around 800 employees were fired. I'm sure that's true as I personally know these 3 cases where the firing has happened.

Formal Dress code on ALL days - including wearing a tie for men. In a place like Thiruvananthapuram where the climate is humid and sultry, this becomes a pain. Almost all companies allow casuals on Fridays, but not UST!

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to utilize the bench more effectively and get someone responsible to manage the RMG operations.

Why do you recruit employees if you want to fire them? Very sad situation.

Diverse culture and good place

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Prosweather in kerala is very good and company has an open culture where you can directly talk to any higher official.

ConsIt is biased for locals and lot of politics asusual.

Advice to Senior ManagementJuniors in my team were given onsite opportunity and I was not given onsite opportunity in-spite of having all the required qualifications.

Very Very worst Company I have ever seen

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsDirect interaction with client in US and Uk and taking business requirements

Consa lot of cons with this company..
    1) employee hikes very very less (even if he got exceeds expectation due to normalisation he will get only 2 to 3 % hike)
    2) management only cares about Kerala people, they dont care about other side of people in india.
    3) you will see senior management people speaking in malayalam language( in the middle of meeting) they don't bother about all the peoples who has attended in meeting.
    4) if you are in bench for more than three months then BSE HR calls u and force you to submit resignation paper (if you neglect they will torture u)
    5) very very worst people in BSE team they don't know how to allocate employees in projects and we need to go to that people and need to ask like a begger (do u have any opportunites)
    6) very very worst culture in thsi comapny that i have seen ever .....
    7) recently they have forced 450 members to put a resignation paper those who are in bench for more than three months...
    8) they dont provide cab facility even if you are working in after noon shift( 2 pm to 11pm) because of crisis (just a crap)
    9) you will get more pressure from your PM .......
    10) you can see people in some type of accounts(or projects) from kerala (malayalam)

Advice to Senior Managementplease concentrate on employees from all over india not only from kerala ....

please change company policies.....

Show off company

Software Developer (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsFlexi timing, Youthful campus,no swipe card monitoring

ConsLateral hiring is not upto the mark, unnecessary show off, low hike

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to think of employees first before buying elephants,boats,football clubs and cricket teams

It was a good learning experience

Senior Enterprise Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Proswork-life balance, learning opportunities, good for long term stay in case your salary is as per market

Conspromotions, More of a kerala people pro company

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get away from kerala'ism instead try be more equal opportunity employer.

Good Work life balance

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Thiruvananthapuram (India)

ProsFlexible Timings. Lots of skilled people to help you. Good place to learn new Technologies.

ConsMinimum hike.Too much importance for extra activities, even if you are talented engineer hikes are deeply affected by 'extra-activities'.
    Hard to get needful for task completion, need to followup every time.

Advice to Senior Managementgive more hike for those who make results, not for bluffers and buffoons.

Worked for UST Global? Contribute to the Community!