UTC Power

www.utcpower.com

UTC Power Reviews

Updated May 28, 2014
UTC Power – US – “Stationary fuel cell product”

UTC Power Senior VP Science & Technology J. Michael McQuade

J. Michael McQuade

U.T.C. Power was a good company to work for

Fabricator/Machine Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee) South Windsor, CT

ProsGood honest pay Good honest people

ConsLay offs /non conforming work coming into shop from vendors

Advice to Senior ManagementBring more work in house so vendors can not shut down your production

Good learning experience

Product Development Lead (Current Employee) South Windsor, CT

ProsGreat technology
    Great product(s)
    Highly talented workforce
    Pleasant work environment
    Good salary and benefits
    Tuition for continued education

ConsLack of sales, lack of strategic leadership. Very tactical and narrow thinking, no big picture/grand vision for the best technology in the world.

Total professional organization to work for and be associated with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTheir systems towards constant improvement drive and maintain their success across all business units.

ConsIt's a big company which has its own pros and cons.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

excellent

Prosethical and diversity in the UTC Power

Consmanagement n the UTC Power

Advice to Senior Managementtry to utilize the employees ideas

Good product, good people, Lean enterprise, with lackluster implementation

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) South Windsor, CT

ProsGood emphasis on bringing in new recruits and providing with best training and assignments of merit. Interns given top assignments and challenges mostly. Strict enactment of corporate operating parameters "ACE". Lean environment. Good emphasis on diversity throughout organization.

ConsFollow through and implementation often waned due to excessive workloads on key individuals. Work-life balance suffered during product rollouts and initial deliveries. Mid level management not always competent for the roles appointed to. Some appointments seemed based on performance in meetings and not actual job performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize the professionals within organization better in future.

They were unique but now they are no longer.

Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) South Windsor, CT

ProsThe company was very small. This gave a company a family-like feel. The products they made got us to the moon and everyday was a challenge.

ConsThere are really no cons at this point. They don't exist anymore they have been chopped up and sold.

Metrology Lab Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) South Windsor, CT

ProsBetter than average salary with average benefits

ConsBusiness sold to ClearEdge Power

None

Director of Engineering (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT

ProsGreat company to work for. High technology, cutting edge innovations in Gas turbine engine technology. Excellent salary and benefits. good working environment.

ConsNot many. Working facilities old. Management too much old fashion and risk averse. Manufacturing could be improved. too much emphasis on cost cutting.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Stationary Fuel Cell Intern

Stationary Fuel Cell Intern (Former Employee) East Windsor, CT

ProsGreat pay for an internship. Some very nice people, easy to get in touch with coworkers and work out scheduling.

ConsManagement was absolutely dreadful. No one had any sense of job security, managers would be gone for weeks at a time. Poor use of employees, I was hired primarily as a software development intern, and spent almost all of my time doing busy work with Excel spreadsheets.

small company feel but supported by corporate giant UTC

Account Executive (Current Employee) South Windsor, CT

Proscompany is selling a high tech product in the energy industry. it is a very exciting time in the fuel cell industry and great to be a part of it.

Conssenior leadership hasn't put enough focus on marketing and positioning our product in the marketplace. they also haven't made the best strategic decisions at key points in the past 5 years.

Advice to Senior Managementthink like a startup

Worked for UTC Power? Contribute to the Community!