UTI

www.uti.edu

UTI Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
UTI – Scottsdale – “Universal Technical Institute Corporate…”

UTI CEO Kimberly J. McWaters

Kimberly J. McWaters

Pros
  • People at MMI are treated well and promotions ate based on merit and hard work(in 5 reviews)

• If you value working on teams and collaborating with others, it's a great place to be(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Management has no clue about the real world of dealing with 17 and 18 year old young men(in 3 reviews)

• Work/life balance does not exist(in 3 reviews)

Not Good at all.

Instructor (Former Employee) Norwood, MA

ProsGood pay, good environment for students, good labs.

ConsThe work atmosphere is intimidating once you learn that no one has your back, in fact you are just another target of the "In Crowd". You may know more about your subject than any one else in the building, but you must conform to their set ways of instruction, demonstrations and teaching. You become a robot teacher, at the mercy of the administration.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake off the handcuffs from the instructors and allow some freedom to add to the courses from experience. Back off from the stifling "political correctness" in the classroom and become real people in the classroom. Plus your product is less tha readily accepted in the field. Employers are less than happy with your graduates. I would not hire one fresh out of your school!

NASCAR Technical Institute

Admissions Representative (Former Employee) Mooresville, NC

ProsGood team to work with. Most middle management people are competent and motivated. The product, a good automotive technician education is excellent.

ConsMost sales leadership is from outside the auto industry and cannot relate to the customer. Sales managers who can not do the job and have not done the job try to lead from behind. Non-sales positions are poorly paid for the level of commitment and professionalism required for the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within.

Freedom to be your own boss

ProsLet me think for myself and and give the support when I need it. They pay way above average for the industry. It is a great place to work and further my career.

ConsBenefits were revamp this last year and they are don't that great. Medical and retirement are not what they were....then again i think that is the common theme across the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping doing what you can to make UTI standout from the competition. We have a good thing going don't let typical corporate greed ruin it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love UTI, but I do not feel the upper management knows I exist.

ProsThe passion of the students, the dedication of the students and the commitment of the organization makes it a wonderful place to work.

ConsThe pay scale is low, and the benefits are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge the dedication of the people who work for you. I have never worked with more passionate, caring and hard working people who get no recognition. 15% of the employees do 90% of the work.

A great opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProgressive thinking, great pay, fun work environment, good leadership and training, ethically sound, opportunity for advancement, recognition, open door policy.

ConsBalance goals more realistically, get all of the departments to work in better unison with admissions, offer more flexibility in scheduling and autonomy with schedule, eliminate mandatory event participation.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevalute the system.

Lots of hidden messages behind any direction received . It isn't what you know, but who you know.

ProsIf you have bad leaders, it reflects throughout the Campus. Numerous people have left the Company looking for a healthy work environment .

ConsHome Office completely out touch with what truly happens at this location. Wake up!! Total abuse of power by Leaders. When you have bad leadership the entire Campus pays the price!

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up!!

You can do better......... can't you?

Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat office Location. Campuses are nice and clean.

ConsRooms are not sound proof at all.

Unfair promotions. Seems people are either sleeping their way to the top or conning in-experienced managers into thinking they are worthy of a promotion.
    Lots of inappropriate behavior. Senior management is part of this problem.

Certain people get away with the same mistakes over and over and no one does anything about it.

I am giving career opportunities a low score because it depends on the network that person is in if you know what I mean.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone should take a closer look into what going on behind the scenes in IT.

Farfromgood

N/A (Former Employee) Corpus Christi, TX

ProsLarge global network of owned offices

ConsPoor management extremely fast to blame, extremely slow to aid

Not the ideal place to work at

Analyst (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsFriendly, some of the people are kind and humble

Consnot good team structure. They have no guidance as far as career path.

Great Place to Work?

Administration (Current Employee)

ProsYou learn how to survive in a very difficult Corporate Culture. The skills you learn during your experience at UTI will prepare you for anything.

ConsManagement never knows what is going on and tells the staff incorrect information so they are completing their work incorrectly then it shows up on your performance reviews. Cult-like environment and a total abuse of power by management. Home office has no idea what is going on in the campuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementHome office should be more aware of who and how leaders are running their campuses.

Worked for UTI? Contribute to the Community!