Uber Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014

3.3

Travis Kalanick

Pros
  • Meeting great people, making money weekly and getting paid weekly (in 3 reviews)

• Really great work environment and great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, it's true that the Uber rating system is flawed (in 10 reviews)

• I mean being a bonified taxi driver does have it's cons like being a taxi driver picking up drunk people other than that (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

uber partner

Current Employee - Uber Partner  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Uber Partner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

work on your own schedule

Cons

to many deductible of salary by the company

Incredible company! The world's best job

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Washington, DC

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Uber for about a month now as a customer service rep. There isn't a lot of info about this new role online, so hopefully this helps! Taking this job was one of the absolute best decisions I have ever made; I get to work from home 100% of the time, I pretty much get to make my own schedule, the work is enjoyable, and management rules!

You can really judge a company pretty heavily on how their leadership team asks, I have experienced nothing but positivity from my manager and from all of the senior people who work for corporate. Work-life balance is incredible. I finally have time to engage in my hobbies and spend time with my family. I am no longer exhausted from my daily commute when I get home! I can see myself with this company for a long time. Other perks include:

-Occasional Uber credits for free rides
    -Uber swag
    -Weekly paychecks/direct deposit!
    -A dream schedule! Wanna work nights? Work nights! Mornings? You've got it.

Cons

The pros certainly outweigh the cons in my opinion, but obviously this role might not be for everyone.
    -Benefits are terrible, mainly because they're through another company.
    -Salary is a bit low and everyone is issued the same rate.
    -No paid time off, paid holidays, or vacations. Again, one downside to being apart of a brand new team.
    -Everything is done remotely from trainings to timesheet. If you aren't tech savvy this is not the job for you.

Keep up the good work! Offer more opportunities for promotion/growth and please get better benefits for us :).

Low wage job, less than $6 an hour.

Current Employee - Driver  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work when you want to. Cool concept. Very cheap fare for riders.

Cons

I worked so far for 18 hours in 1 week. I made 380 bucks. Uber than takes 85 bucks for themselves or whatever promo they are running. I spent 75 on gas and 5 on water bottles, and 10 on a car wash. I also pay 400 a month on car insurance and car payment which is 100 bucks a week. So 295 minus 190 leaves me with 105 for 18 hours of my time. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves but I'd be better off working a job flipping burgers.

Way to keep people down.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stealing "Partners"' Auto Equity and Gas Money Under The Guise Of Employment

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Washington, DC

I have been working at Uber part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are none.

This is the nastiest group of people you will ever come across outside of prison.

They are a cult of sociopaths

Cons

uber's whole game now is to offer riders fares that are so low that only a math-challenged or truly desperate person would provide services in THEIR personal automobile for less than minimum wage.

Whatever the driver "earns" is lost in gasoline and auto depreciation.

Expect service levels to COLLAPSE in the very near future.

Riders will soon be lucky to find a driver with a 4* rating and the quality and cleanliness of the cars will soon rival those of taxicabs.

The riders are now hated and resented by the drivers as a result of uber's sadistic attitude towards its "partners".

I mailed my uber phone to their PO box this morning.

The criminals are such cowards that they have no physical address

I'm not even going to bother.

Work @ Uber

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work any time when you want

Cons

Pay not as high as advertised

Add tip line to the end of the ride rating

more charges to work keep coming

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Austin, TX

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

can work your own schedule

Cons

they just added another charge of $10/week for the uber device, plus their percent

take too much from the drivers, you won't have any.

Review of experience as a Uber Black driver

Former Employee - "Partner"  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - "Partner" in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Uber as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Freedom to set one's own work hours and schedule. Flexibility to adjust work and personal life as needed.

Cons

No benefits whatsoever. Inability to negotiate earnings individually. Subject to company's constant changing policies, rates and requirements. Job insecurity as company faces numerous legal obstacles and may be forced to cease operations in certain states and/or cities.

Uber would not be what it is today if wasn't for small business entrepreneurs in the limousine industry that, being commercially insured, licensed and authorized by the local authorities to operate, made mobile ride-on-demand apps viable at the time of inception.
    Being one of the fastest growing companies worldwide, the company doesn’t seem to recognize that, after all, we – professional drivers – are, ultimately, the "face" of the company, by interacting directly with their customers.
    Uber seems to not recognize that we are the ones paying for the largest portion of the operational costs of this business model (insurance, fuel, maintenance, permits, etc.).
    They appear to be more inclined towards inflating its cheap UberX version by luring naive drivers with promises of extraordinary earnings while, at the same time, distancing themselves of those very same motorists in case of an accident, because personal coverage will be denied in a “driving for profit” scenario.

Going Downhill Fast

Current Employee - Driver/Partner  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Driver/Partner in Denver, CO

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours - work when I want. I was meeting very nice riders and having great conversations. I WAS making good money.

Cons

Since they just dropped the meter rates 20% - it really isn't worth it to take some drunks for a $4 ride. After the 80/20 split and the $1 fee per ride I get a whole $2.20. If you get a lot of short $4 rides in your night, it hurts. In addition to the lower fares, a lower class of rider is getting into the car now. It's not the same as when I first started. You don't gross ($) what they advertise you will...well you MIGHT make it, but after the 20% fare reduction, you no longer make good money unless you work long hours. When I first started, riders thought they were already getting a deal on the fare rates.

Go back to the fee structure prior to the reduction. In just 1 week I've already seen a change in riders and my income. In the e-mail UBER sent us, you stated it was meant to increase our income - it's not, it's doing just the opposite. When I first started, riders thought they were already getting a deal on the fare rates.

Driving around town.

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Denver, CO

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Uber allows for flexibility and independence. Drivers offer great customer service and drive when they want. The requirements of the position are simple. Keep a clean and safe car, know your city and how to get around, be an excellent driver, offer your passengers water, communicate respectfully, use the app, etc. Keep up insurance, vehicle inspections and health inspections. It is fun to meet new people everyday. It's fun learning more about the city and all the cool places to experience.

Cons

Demand for Uber is greatest during the evening hours. Uber keeps adding various fees and adjusting the payment percentages. You can make a lot of money, but it is not consistent from one day to the next. There is no base pay to compensate for the drive time to and from pick up locations. We are supposed to deny tips by saying they are not required. There isn't a process for giving tips through the app.

Don't let expansion distract you from making the experience of working for Uber a great deal in itself. Firm up minimum fees per ride, offer base pay after X many rides, create a tip feature in the app for drivers who earn 5 stars, create more community events and organize more driver meetings. While flexibility is fantastic, it is actually consistency that will keep drivers driving. You want your drivers to say, why would I ever go back to X, I am an Uber Driver!

Good

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

Make your own schedule and you determine how much you want to make in a week.

Cons

You only have email communication with Uber management and no real office hours to really talk to someone in person.

Have more options for office hours

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!