Ubiquity Retirement + Savings

Business Development

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings

Pros

If you work for a big company, you have a Retirement Plan, and therefore a convenient way to save for Retirement. If you work for a small company, you probably don't have a Retirement Plan, so you don't save for your Retirement. That's about 40 Million People who aren't saving for themselves, and their future.

If that sounds like a problem you'd like to solve, and you're a curious, industrious, self-motivated free thinker who can simultaneously cooperate as part of a team, then we would love to have you.

Cons

The same of any small & growing company: prioritizing scarce resources and organizing ourselves to meet those priorities - all while listening to what customers are telling us about their needs and our ability to meet them. It's not an environment for people who want to avoid talking with people and dealing with problems.

Advice to Management

I have none: Good Culture. Good work / life balance. Plenty of visibility for employees into strategy and financial circumstance. High-achievers have plenty of opportunity to find & solve interesting problems to help people better themselves. That covers it.

2. VP of Brand + Creative

Current Employee - Vice President of Brand + Creative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Vice President of Brand + Creative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For being what would be considered a more mature company, it's extremely fast-paced and entrepreneurial. We are consistently asked what kind of company we want this to be - and the entire company is part of making that decision collectively. Happiness is the continued focus, understanding that it is core to driving a business forward in the most innovative way. Let people be what they are at their best, and we all thrive.

Cons

Working remotely means not being able to be involved in all of the cool office activities. It's a work in progress. It'll be cool to see what comes of it.

Advice to Management

Stay disruptive and innovative! Our biggest opportunity lies in our ability to communicate and leap over hurdles with a big fat smile on our faces.

3. Work environment

I worked at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings

Pros

Good company and the culture of the company.

Cons

Not very clear about future plans.

5. Great Place!

I have been working at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings

Pros

Work from home is great!

Cons

Not enough tech online support

6. Not as great as management leads you to believe

I have been working at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings

Pros

Can work remotely. No dress code. Come and go when you please

Cons

No leadership. For an online company, behind the times in technology. Low pay. Management wants you to believe they are listening, but merely goes through the motion. Obvious favoritism!

Advice to Management

Get rid of the leadership team and replace with people that understands the problems we are going through. Stop being yes people to the man at the top and think for yourselves.

Ubiquity Retirement + Savings Response

Dec 8, 2014Director of People + Culture

We have worked very hard (and continue to do so) to create an organization where everyone can make a difference. We have flattened the organizational structure to encourage each individual to take ... More

A dream come true

Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

They are flexible, encouraging visionaries who genuinely care for those they serve.

Working here is working for retirement activists and consumer advocates.

Leaders who can think and who work hard are rewarded in this organization.

We have a flat organizational structure where people are encouraged to work together towards a common goal and individuals are expected to think critically and take initiative to be recognized.

We have gigantic goals but we've always managed to achieve them.

Our CEO is a superstar and my coworkers are golden.

We have a culture of positivity and gratitude. Random acts of kindness are not uncommon here.

Cons

We have big dreams and so we have to work really REALLY hard to achieve them. For me, work/life balance can get blurry but I like working hard here because its for a good cause.

We have customers with who either are inexperienced with 401(k) or are used to a more boutique experience and this can impact our workflows due to our large volume of activity.

Things get especially lively (i.e. insanely busy) in the fourth quarter and last up until tax time the following year.

You really are expected to grow here and if you aren't growing fast enough it can get uncomfortable. Adapt or perish.

You really have to be comfortable with using technology as a resource here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Let's keep it focused on our customers and creating the best possible experience for them.

Keep up with your efforts to empower your employees, to engage them and encourage them to develop as leaders, innovators and thinkers.

Gamify initiative.

Let's hold annual values workshops and keep our culture alive.

Amazing company that's focused on employee happiness

Current Employee - Director of Marketing + Creative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing + Creative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Online 401(k) is fearless in it's endeavors. You'll never find another company that deals in retirement dreams in the same manner. They are an industry game changer.

Cons

There is not yet coffee in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

All the passion and fun of a small business with the vision to be a big one someday.

Current Employee - Consumer Ambassador in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consumer Ambassador in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The atmosphere in our office is amazing. Everyone really enjoys each other's company and make an effort both outside and inside work to show it. There are also perks ranging from great (healthy) snacks to incentives of time off and money. However, the best thing to me is the ability to have fun with what you do and make meaningful change.

Cons

It's the same as with any small business. There are bottlenecks, politics, and inefficiencies. Granted, these always change, but frustrating when a project doesn't get completed timely or the unexpected comes up. While the work gets done, it can always be done faster and much better than before.

Advice to Management

Thank you for the hard work you've put into making the staff happy and creating a wonderful work environment. Ensure that you're communicating and working as a team. You are the role models to the rest of your staff, so make sure you're performing at least as hard as you'd like them to!

10. Great, fun company who is making a difference in the world

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Management is actively involved with employees, sourcing their ideas and trying out different way to create a happy, productive environment. The company has strong values to which they adhere, and those come out in management's decision making and the way the company treats it's customers. There are many way to be involved in different committees so that as an employee, your voice is heard. There is a flexible work environment, and you are working with bright, engaged people who really care.

Cons

No coffee or snacks, but they are working on solving this problem!

Advice to Management

Continue with what you are doing. There will always be naysayers and those who are skeptical, but don't let it dissuade your vision.

Ubiquity Retirement + Savings Response

May 2, 2014Director of People + Culture

Update! We've got organic snacks and all of the coffee and tea one could ever want!

11. It is a strong community and a positive work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Ubiquity Retirement + Savings

Pros

The Online 401k had a very casual, comfortable atmosphere. It has a pretty flat organizational structure. Employees respect one another, and everyone works as a team.

Cons

It is a relatively young company, so they do not pay as well as other similar companies in the industry.

Advice to Management

Try not to let interpersonal office politics play as much of a role in management decisions. Focus on what's best for the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed