Uline

Be The First To
Add Photos

Uline CEO Dick Uihlein

Dick Uihlein

Pros
  • good pay and benifits ,,,,is it worth it(in 8 reviews)

• Great Benefits are offered to employees(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Culture, management, dress code, no employee retention strategies(in 10 reviews)

• Micro management style; must have learned management from Kim Jong Il(in 7 reviews)

uiid

ProsI think it is a Fun place to work

ConsNeed to pay more money

Pretty Good Experience

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsInternship allows you a realistic look into the full-time job, office environment is positive

ConsVery old fashioned, change isn't easy, not very adaptable

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job of managing, issues are at the top

Great place to start a career

ProsTraining along the way to help better your performance. Opportunities to grow in the company. Friendly co-workers

ConsKeeping stats at a good level. having to stay at a desk all day. Getting used to any changes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great benefits, unhappy people.

ProsThree different bonuses a year. Benefits are really good. Decent work/life balance depending on what department you work for.

ConsMicromanagement to the EXTREME! Kiss all your freedoms goodbye... and I hope you like to wear pantyhose!

The money is decent, The hours make life stressful.

General Warehouse (Current Employee) Breinigsville, PA

ProsCompensation for the area is higher than most, however the 22 dollars an hour advertisement is a fabrication. Year end bonuses are fantastic (Profit Sharing, and Merit bonuses).

ConsOutdated inventory practices, extreme micro management, strange working hours (1st shift 10:30-7:00 with 2 hours mandatory overtime), and arbitrary strict procedures make the job extremely stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to work on their interpersonal communication skills.

A great place to work very strict procedures but you always know whats expected of you.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waukegan, IL

ProsGreat compensation and benefits. Family like atmosphere. Great leadership.

ConsStrict dress code and rules.

Washington Branch Warehouse - Great company, poor management

Warehouse (Current Employee) Auburn, WA

ProsBenefits - medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, year end performance bonus, year end profit sharing, clean & safe environment, walking club with gift when goals hit, weight loss contests with money prizes, and more.

ConsI have never seen such low morale. Employee unhappiness is not taken seriously. For example, the entire whs leadership team is unhappy with one person in management and regardless of complaints, no one in corporate is addressing the concerns or trying to fix it.

OT is not allowed for hourly support staff and opportunities are rarely given for people to earn it on the weekends. I've seen people work off the clock because they're afraid of not getting their work done and afraid of getting OT and getting in trouble.

There is limited growth. You can move around in departments but for leadership, that's as far as you can go. If you're interested in doing a shuttle to get your name out there, don't bother. Apparently "our branch is too small" so he won't allow it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something to fix the leadership problem in the Auburn warehouse. People are leaving because of it and you would be surprised at the number of people looking elsewhere. Don't just sweep it under the rug because the owner's preference. If you did a truly anonymous survey, you would find out just how unhappy people are. Due to past circumstances, people are afraid to say anything.

Build people up. Encourage growth. After only three years, we are bored and not seeing any career opportunities and we are not receiving any encouragement or help from management.

Not a good idea

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGood pay that is the best part do have a 401 K program also comes with full benefits as well.
    Some of the managers are extremely down to earth as well.

ConsSay you will work minimum overtime on average do an hour to 2 hours. extreme micro management. can't control the growth they are getting. Fire random people for no reason when they are short staffed. Hire people that physically can't do the job. Drug test mainly the minorities they hire.

Advice to Senior Managementcare about your employee's for once

It's ok.

Merchandising Analyst (Current Employee) Pleasant Prairie, WI

ProsGood pay and good benefits.

ConsMinimal room for promotion once hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more from within.

No amount of money is worth it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pleasant Prairie, WI

ProsDecent Pay. Nice work out facility, but don't use it too much, they are watching. Nice building and grounds. Subsidized cafeteria. Seeing grown men shake in their boots in the presence of the all powerful Liz is very entertaining.

ConsExtreme Micro Management. Zero creativity allowed. Very Out-dated technology. Poor job flexibility. Management is a complete joke. Everyone is afraid to speak up, therefore new ideas rarely get off the ground. Everything takes forever, so much red tape and bureaucracy, you'd think you were working for the government. Do not expect to move up unless you are a good looking middle aged man. Best liked employees are those that are camera ready for the catalog.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry working as a team rather than a bunch of people trying to one up each other.

Worked for Uline? Contribute to the Community!