Ultimate Medical Academy Reviews

Reset
3.3
Ultimate Medical Academy CEO Steve Kemler
Steve Kemler

Pros
  • There are some great people here (in 4 reviews)

• There are some very nice people who work here - they help to get you through the frustrations (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This happened to several new career services advisors that were getting placements 3 days into the new job (in 5 reviews)

• The corporate culture is terrible (in 3 reviews)

Great place to work, fast paced growing school.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, a company that actually cares for its' employees. Work environment tries to balance work and life. Allows usage of the newest technogolies and provides a decent amount of training.

Cons

Management turn over is rather high, makes it a little stressfull at times. But the managers that have been replaced are more competent, so all in all not really a con. My only true con is career development seems to be very lateral.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to resolve the retention issue with valued professionals. We seem to loose good people that might have stayed if offered training, etc.

Jul 28, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Thanks so much for sharing your positive feedback. We're working hard on attracting top employees and ensuring they are trained and positioned for success so that we retain our top performers. Thanks ... More

Career Service Adviser

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy

Pros

Good company, nice culture. Training was very helpful, they really know how to get you ramped up quckly. People are nice and helpful. Pay is really good especially for a career starter position. I really learned a lot there.

Cons

A lot of pressure and micro management from the supervisors on the floor. call center environement, managers walk around looking at your computer screens and asking "did you get a hire?" every hour.

Jul 25, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Hi CSA, thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your experience at the Academy. I will pass along your comments to the CS management team. Best wishes to you as you start your next chapter ... More

Sr. Mgr

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy

Pros

great envirnment, start-up, new ideas, creativity is valued. Good PTO benefits

Cons

Average healthcare benefits. Different departments have much different work life balance.

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Hi senior manager, thanks for the positive shout out. We value your contributions greatly and look forward to continued success as we champion student outcomes. Thanks for being a great part of the ... More

Ultimate Medical Academy - My last year with them was 2008.

Former Employee - Para-Medical Skincare Instructor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Para-Medical Skincare Instructor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got to be part of the start up of a brand new program in 2007 at the school in Tampa, Florida. I started the program with four students in 2007 and then in June, 2008 I got remarried and had to resign my job to relocate to Ohio with my new husband. I loved working therel

Cons

When you start up a brand new program that has never been offered, of course, you are going to have some hiccups. I had to really work at getting all the supplies that I needed to teach the class and the college people did not have any other programs that were not medical so I was the only one that knew anything about the Board of Cosmetology rules were being followed. That was a big challenge, when you are the one everyone is looking for to handle everything alone.

Advice to Management

No advice as I believe after I left their employment they decided to discontinue the program which was a shame because I had a lot of great people come through my class.

Jul 20, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Hi there, thanks for sharing your review! Sorry we had to lose you to Ohio, but hopefully that was a great move for you and that chapter has been rewarding. Best wishes to you on continued success.

Student Finance

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy

Pros

Plenty of advancement opportunities. Flexible work schedules. Fun environment and great coworkers.

Cons

With a young company you will experience growing pains.

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Thanks for the positive shout out! Keep up the great work!

An Excellent Starter Career!

Current Employee - Online Student Finance Advisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Online Student Finance Advisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Is was referred to this job through a friend, and at the time I was recovering from a serious injury. I was having trouble getting hired because of my physical limitations - I was still on crutches when I came in to interview with UMA. The online department of UMA was the perfect solution for me, and they were very considerate of my well-being. Management is always willing to listen - on more than two occasions, upper management has explicitly asked for our personal feedback. It is reassuring as an employee to know that your opinions and ideas are being taken into consideration. The job technically "allows" you to be late once a week, which is one of the most lenient systems I have worked with. I appreciate the work culture which, while often fun and exciting, is also always striving towards individual and team excellence. It can be challenging at times, but who wants to work somewhere that ISN'T challenging? That's not what life is about.

Cons

Something we've all been griping about lately is a lack of parking, but that has been discussed with upper management. They're aware of the situation and working to fix it. You are expected to work one out of every five weekends, and one day a week you work 11 - 8 pm; this is something some people may consider a "con". This is something your manager can be flexible with you about, though; I am currently attending college and they willingly work around my school schedule with me.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward! There is a clear interest in the well-being of your employees being displayed, and it does not go unnoticed by us. We appreciate your empathetic and progressive managerial approach.

Jul 25, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback regarding your experience as a Student Finance Advisor. With great team members like you, the Academy will continue helping students succeed in education ... More

8. Job

I worked at Ultimate Medical Academy

Pros

The best things about this job are the students they come in to get an education that will help them provide a good financial stability for their family.

Cons

Some times we want to be able to help everyone but it is not possible.

Advice to Management

Before you place any one in a position make sure that the person fits the criteria.

Jul 27, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

The Academy has been quite successful thanks to the contributions of our career services team, dedicated to helping our graduates prepare for and find meaningful careers. Thanks for your advice about ... More

Senior Admissions Representative

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time

Pros

Growing company, opportunity, can be a life changing experience.

Cons

Some of the employees do not respect their self or the property.

Advice to Management

Old school requirements to become a permanent employee would encourage policies and the respect for the position.

Jul 8, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Hi there - thanks so much for the positive review. Please continue to share your feedback with you manager, a member of the senior team, or HR. With great staff members like yourself, and continuous ... More

10. Working for UMA

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time

Pros

The help. They are always looking for new ways to help with training and educating on new procedures. There are plenty of tools to help you answer the tough questions that you may come across and may not know the answers to. Co-workers are always friendly and family oriented, always ready to help when it is needed.

Cons

The pressure of the work can sometimes be a little overwhelming. This is not pertaining to the day to day work, it is mainly about the extra work that can be brought upon the staff when better planning could prevent it.

Jul 21, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Hi there... be sure to speak with your manager or HR... so you can provide more details about how to manage the workload and prioritize. It's a team effort, and there's definitely and ebb and flow to ... More

Instructor

I have been working at Ultimate Medical Academy full-time

Pros

Our program director is open to ideas and suggestions; she really knows how to communicate with people and boost moral. Overall, the company, faculty, and staff makes UMA a great place to work.

Cons

Low retention and the blame game starts. The instructor no matter how engaging usually gets held responsible for lack of student retention. However, when the instructors numbers are good, no acknowledgement. It goes like this, good retention month (we did it) and bad retention month (you did it).

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to be more aggressive in student /Instructor involvement. If they observe classrooms to see what's going on then they would understand sometimes engagement can not override student real life challenges.

Jul 6, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

Thanks for the positive review. Engaged instructors are the "bread and butter" of the Academy, so please don't hesitate to schedule some time with the director of education, or a member of the senior ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed