Ultimate Software Reviews

Reset
4.6
Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr

Pros
  • Awesome benefits, good work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• They provide excellent benefits, great employee recognition program, Company paid Disney trips, happy hours, free lunches, ice cream truck (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons to report working for this employer (in 15 reviews)

• Work/Life balance takes priority (in 8 reviews)

1. A company that gets it

Current Employee - Rapid Response Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Rapid Response Professional in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employer paid medical benefits; Company stock; Work/Life balance

Cons

The only thing I can even remotely see as a downside would be the high expectations of quality from our customers is a lot to live up to.

What else is there to say?

Current Employee - Services in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

After reading the reviews, I had to jump in. We have an amazing culture here at Ultimate Software; one that you can't describe unless you're a part of it. We feel appreciated at work, which comes from the top down. Scott, our CEO, is an amazing leader who actually cares about everyone in his organization. That trickles down to his leaders, who give us commendations for a job well done. Every single day, managers are sending 'kudos' to the entire company to recognize their team members who go above and beyond for our customers.

Cons

There really aren't any cons. When employees feel appreciated, they also feel empowered to excel at their job. Ultimate Software makes us feel appreciated in an amazing 'family' atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking outside of the box to continue our upward mobility. The future is ours for the taking.

3. ultimate software review

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Very nice and friendly culture. They care about the employees. They are open to employees ideas specially if you work in development. Very flexible to adapts new tools and methodologies.

Cons

There is no cash bonus which is lame. No formal annual review. Everyone gets 4% salary increase which is unfair

Advice to Management

Try to build a more structured environment and come up with a formal review process to help your employees in the career growth

Customer Success Specialist

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the culture, the focus on the employee, & the leadership here!

Cons

There are no cons! I love this job and the environment!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It has proven to be successful!

6. Customer Success Specialist

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

This is a wonderful, family/community oriented work environment, that is absolutely a wonderful place to work! I love the culture, & I love how people engage with one another. It is so reassuring going to work everyday, and committing yourself to your job when the philospohy here is treating your staff as a first investment. I love going to work everyday!

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing thus far that I have experienced, from onboarding forward, that I would consider a "CON" or a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep the objective of the CEO in mind when conducting any/all business amongst staff and clients and you will never fail.

7. Business Development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strongly believe that leadership will always do the right thing

Cons

I love my job and I love my company. It is family

Advice to Management

Don't change what you are doing, it works!

8. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Solutions Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solutions Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

collaboration among employees workplace culture and recognition respect from management, at every level Great leader and generous benefits

Cons

customer base is growing faster than resources can support at times

Advice to Management

Hire proactively to avoid burnout

9. The Ultimate Career Destination

Current Employee - Customer Success Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Professional in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Career satisfaction, work-life balance, benefits, colleagues, culture, growth opportunities--just to name a few.

Cons

Always fed - have to step up your exercise game.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

10. Awesome Company, great people, and fully paid benefits!!

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

New employees have a massive suite of training tools and classes to learn how the system works. Every new employee is flown down to HQ in Westin, FL to meet the CEO and other excutives as well as attending training sessions to learn about the company culture. I have not had a single complaint since I started here! The tools this company gives you to exceed are incredible!

Cons

No major concerns come to mind, unless traffic which is the same just about everywhere in Atlanta.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of making the employees feeling excited to be apart of such a great company!!

11. For those that know what it is all about.....

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am honored to work for a company that continuously delivers and remains focused on their “People First” initiative. There are many corporations, whose culture doesn’t compare to what we have here at Ultimate; it is truly an irreplaceable value, a priceless commodity and a diamond in the rough. I “Thank You” for sustaining a steadfast and focused environment with a single mission and not letting simple things such as petty drama, that happens frequently within the corporate world get in the way and impact our ever growing company. Many corporations are easily pushed into a top heavy environment and yet you manage to keep this at bay and maintain an even spectrum. Each day I am able to come into work confident that I have a job, excellent benefits and added bonuses (in many forms). You take caution in your business practices verses many businesses that simply throw things at the wall to see which idea sticks. Again I would like to “Thank you” for being responsible, respectful and an honorable company. I have never felt so welcomed and opened to talking with the President of the company to the temp working on the floor. I choose to go with those that want to keep working towards our goal of our people and to make sure that I do my part which is a simple task in return, by just being my best. For those that are current, past or considering; perspectives and outlooks are vast and can vary greatly. I hope that one day each of us can sit down and really think about what is important us and what is petty and not worth the focus. In any world things don’t happen overnight. Not everyone can appreciate the fact that things have processes which are beneficial so that both sides of the story can be heard and taken into consideration before acting on a whim. There are many occassions where not all of the details are shared so that both sides can be visible to all parties, as it should be, but yet those that only see one side continue to cast judgement. If they only knew both sides, I bet their outlook would change. Again, just as a reminder of how we need to not lose site of what is really important verses drama and what some simply make into a political situation. It is truly dishearting to see individuals complain that Ultimate isn’t paying for a party, yet they provide us with multiple celebrations at no cost to us throughout the year, to include team building exercises. Yet, this person chooses to focus on a party that isn’t paid for. One or many individuals can say that you only get things by being buddy, buddy with someone. What about the perspective of there was extra effort and time put into ideas to help move us forward and maybe just happens to have a great relationship that even built into friendship? Are you asking for Frenemies or people that consider you a petty worker and not an equal? What is wrong with having an optimistic outlook (being optimistic doesn’t mean that possibilities that could negatively impact us are overlooked, but are considered and constructively dealt with or being “Ultimized” in someone else’s words) and not being so pessimistic about anything and everything or things that have no value to focus on either because something didn’t go your way or it isn’t perfect? Some will say there is a challenge with the work/life balance, but with any position it is what you make of it and you are ultimately responsible for utilizing and engaging your resources and stop trying to do it all on your own. Organize your time wisely and set expectations. If some can do it then others can do it. Try reaching out to those that manage things in an equal balance to see if there is something that you could try to make it better. Things are changing and improving to make sure that we get better, embrace it. It is okay to ask for help, you are not in this alone and that has never been conveyed as long as I have worked here. I am not saying everything is perfect, but we are definitely working towards that goal and hope that others can help support it while it grows. Ultimate is by far better than the many companies that I have worked for and had the opportunity to observed. So, if you are worried about best friends or buddies when coming to work for a company, we are about partnerships which develop into relationships among our groups – not drama. Maybe Ultimate isn’t for you. If you are worried about parties you don’t have to pay for, maybe experiencing a company that doesn’t pay for anything is an experience you need to have before you can see the true value in Ultimate. If you are worried that no one listens when you tell them about all the things that are wrong, maybe you should try working for a company that penalizes you for even thinking your opinion mattered or wouldn’t take the time nor effort to even let you present your feedback. Another thought would be, are you just talking about all the things that are wrong or are you presenting opportunities where we can get better and maybe including ideas to get there? Remember anyone can complain, but it is those that take the opportunity to shine and show where we have opportunities and suggestive ways we can all get better as a team with our focus on the customer experience. All great things take time and effort, but mostly patience for perfection. I love and appreciate that I work with and for Ultimate. I am happy to celebrate that and tell the world about it.

Cons

Not all individuals appreciate all the good aspects, due to lack of experience in working conditions that are of a true lesser quality, are simply unpleasable personalities or they are not managing their time/resources which are negatively impacting their work/life balance. I do not let their negativity wear on myself or my objective to be a positive influence as I continue grow and move forward with this company. Not all who have posted take the time to approach or present their dislikes/frustrations internally or if they have it isn't happening fast enough. Most of the time, they will choose to post it as a negative review on a public website because it is easier to complain or inability to be patient with processes.

Advice to Management

I know there are many of us that appreciate you including us on the plans that you have for us, really listening to our feedback and making it your mission for us to be more successful and better than ever. Your efforts are also presenting additional career opportunities, supporting our growth and opening up possibilities for those that are ready to advance.

RSS Feed </> Embed