Ultimate Software

Ultimate Software Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr

Scott Scherr

Pros
  • Management promotes Work/Life balance and training(in 8 reviews)

• They provide excellent benefits, great employee recognition program, Company paid Disney trips, happy hours, free lunches, ice cream truck(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons at this moment in time that I would like to share(in 5 reviews)

• Not necessarily a con, continue to mature our processes and leadership while maintaining our entrepreneurial people culture(in 3 reviews)

Solid growing company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople are great to work with - always willing to help each other out
    Benefits are paid for
    Perks - from small (ice cream truck visits) to large (department trips)

Consgrowing at good clip takes its toll on communication
    Atlanta culture is not as great as Weston culture

Great Benefits and Company Overall

UTM Support Professional (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of extra. You don't have to pay for medical insurance paid for by company.

ConsNo paid sick days off.

Excellent company to work for

Business Process Analyst I (Current Employee) Weston, FL

ProsIncredible benefits & great culture. Management promotes Work/Life balance and training. The company has grown from 1,075 to 2,000 in 4.5 years I've been there (2010 ~ 2014) and continues...

ConsIf you are in a technical role, there is plenty of room for growth. However, if you are in Project Management or Process Improvement, the career path isn't defined, at least not yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company continues to grow, there needs to be clear definition for career growth not just in the technical arena, but all areas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee) Weston, FL

ProsBest company to work for. The Ultimate organization.

ConsTraining and advancement Depends on the department and manager. Some managers like to keep good employees so they can shine and do not allow for additional training holding back employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around and let go good employees. They already put in the times. Recruit good employees to be able to replace the ones who advance.

Great Benefits and Work/Life balance; Poor career growth

Web Developer (Current Employee) Weston, FL

ProsGreat Benefits with lots of little perks

ConsNo career paths. Management just says we don't do that here. A lot of lip service to caring that employees are engaged but no real effort.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsUltimate Software has come a long way from it's beginning. They seek talented individuals and look to incorporate best business practices. l

ConsMore "who you know" than "what you know".
    Age / salary can send triggers for replacement.
    Strong family relationships at top of company.
    Company now provides benefits for domestic partners; it took years to get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementYes, you're succesful - but remember those of us who built the foundation and were discarded along the way.

Excellent Company with Awesome Culture

Project Manager (Current Employee) Weston, FL

ProsI love love love working for this great company. They provide excellent benefits, great employee recognition program, Company paid Disney trips, happy hours, free lunches, ice cream truck......... and the list goes on.

ConsNothing I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Love the culture of the organization!

Customer Success Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThis is an organization that is designed to take care of its employees so we can focus on taking care of our customers.

ConsAt this time, I cannot think of any.

Compassionate, innovative, energetic; family-like atmosphere

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Weston, FL

ProsThe culture here is fantastic. People first through and through. They practice agile development and some teams even implement pair programming (don't knock it til you've tried it). The benefits are outstanding, the frequent dinners and outings keep the teams cohesive and happy, and you're not overworked either. A great place to be and grow.

ConsMany teams have to maintain legacy software which can be frustrating for some. There is only one overall product as well, so that can be perceived as a negative for some who would prefer different types of projects and domains.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to expand into the SMB market and create a stripped down version of Ultipro for small businesses.

Modern, fast paced professional culture

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Weston, FL

ProsUS genuinely cares for the employee. It's motto "people first" isnt just a marketting gimmick, it is evident in everyday staff relations.

ConsVery fast paced growth of the company creates a challenging workload. Fortunately, and to its credit, management understands and doesn't impose an unfair amount of pressure to get the job done, as long as progress is continually made toward finalizing tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people, too much work backlog!

Worked for Ultimate Software? Contribute to the Community!