Ultimate Software Reviews

248 reviews filtered by
4.5
Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr

Pros
  • The company emphasizes a healthy work-life balance and follows through with it (in 12 reviews)

• Monthly visit from the ice cream truck at HQ (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons at this moment in time that I would like to share (in 15 reviews)

• Work/life balance is important and you need to ensure you are keeping yours at a good ratio (in 8 reviews)

1. Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Great Benefits and dynamic work environment

Cons

I would say that there are no Cons

your doing a great job

2. A company that takes care of you

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Besides the countless paid-for benefits like health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, and PTO days, there are also a number of other perks that the company gives for use, like monthly breakfast, monthly cake, monthly ice cream, and our yearly trip to Orlando.

Sure all of these things are nice, but they are all in an effort to make sure we are happy to come to work each day and want to be productive workers. I truly appreciate being in such an environment!

Cons

The one thing I find wrong about our company is our process for getting work done. Although we are trying to be an agile company, which is a great goal, we seem to have trouble enforcing it and supporting it. Semi-annual releases does not fit well with an agile system, and the month long testing that comes before-hand is never fun.

Keep trying to get more agile. The goal of being able to deploy a small number of features at quicker intervals is the way most companies are trending towards, and helps keep our customers happy as well. I would like to see US achieve that goal.

3. Business Analyst

Current Employee - FL Florida in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - FL Florida in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, awesome opportunities if you are a self-starter and take the initiative, great pay compared to the area, people are tight

Cons

Need to make an effort to socialize since it's a social company, management does not hold your hand so they give you lots of rope to hang or win, up to you.

Now that the company is 25 years old, need to put processes in lace to cultivate new managers and talent. Better internal controls around costs and time management is needed as well.

5. I've been with Ultimate for 8 yrs now .. and in my 2nd role with the company. I am a lifer!

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A CEO that truly cares about his people .. he walks the walk.

Cons

As with any company in constant growth and change, you have to be flexible with change and go with the flow.

As we continue to grow .. keep that "small company feel" by staying close to the on the front line ee's when making decisions

6. Fantastic company to work for

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ultimate treats all employees like family. Many of the employees (myself included) work virtually, which can make it hard to keep a "team feeling", but Ultimate goes out of its way to make sure everyone knows they are part of the US family. The benefits are great, and Viv and her team are always looking for ways to improve, and I have seen first hand that they take employees' recommendations into account when making changes. While the expectation is employees will put in a lot of hard work, the company realizes that work/life balance is key, and you are never made to feel guilty if you need to take time out of your work day for your personal life.

Cons

The good and the bad is that the company is growing and very dynamic, because of that, some of the tools and process/procedures aren't always communicated or available as much as they should be. The company is making strides in this area, and with some dedicated resources, this is easily overcome.

Keep doing what you are doing! Continue empowering your management teams, which allows them to empower their employees.

7. There is none better!!!

Current Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

The company has created a culture unlike anything I have ever seen. People truly love what they do and love coming to work. I have had more access/facetime to C-level executives within a month of working at Ultimate than I had ever had in all my 9 years with "The Big Red Giant". Family environment with A+ talent. I have found the job of my dreams and plan on retiring with Ultimate.

Cons

The CEO does not believe in growing the company via adding more headcount/salesmen (which is a great thing), but that means they expect their team to out sell themselves year over year. Quotas can be a bit aggressive, but still attainable.

Keep doing what you're doing. It's working!

8. So happy to be working for a company that is innovation driven

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

great benefits, nice environment that enables employees to fully contrib. their best

Cons

this is not place for of complacency... things move fast, its not for the run of the mill... now that's not really a con, is it ;)

9. From internship to fulltime

Current Employee - Iteration Manager in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Iteration Manager in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are outstanding! Work life balance is encouraged. There are opportunities to contribute to the community and give back. It is an amazing culture and more than a job, I call it family.

Cons

Some positions have restricted working remote policies.

Invest in coaching, mentoring ....

10. Good company that has great benefits and emphasizes employees being their primary priority.

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Great benefits, people first culture, rapidly growing and hiring

Cons

Company is growing rapidly. The culture that was created for employees is changing and may be lost. Ultimate's leadership goal is 1 billion. The focus has changed from employee focus to the billion. Should be interesting to see what transpires in the interim.

Ultimate offers advancement in management if you know the right people and you are in the right circles.

Systems Consultant

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing onboarding experience! Truly a People First company!! I have had such a warm, supportive, welcome to the company. Benefits, perks, and growth potential is unsurpassed.

Cons

I have no cons to report at this point in my journey. I am completely satisfied. Best decision I've ever made, career-wise.

Keep doing what you're doing to lead the industry, not only in HCM, but in Company Culture as well!