Ultimate Software

Updated October 1, 2014
4.5

Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr

Pros
  • The company emphasizes a healthy work-life balance and follows through with it (in 11 reviews)

• Monthly visit from the ice cream truck at HQ (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons at this moment in time that I would like to share (in 13 reviews)

• Work/life balance is important and you need to ensure you are keeping yours at a good ratio (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company - but...

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Genuinely a company that cares, incredible benefits and great morale

Cons

limited growth opportunities and easy stagnation

From day one, Ultimate Software has been a blessing for me and my family.

Current Employee - Executive Relationship Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Relationship Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees are treated like royalty but with anything great it comes with a fair price. From day one of new hire training, Ultimate sets you up for success. It's up to you as the employee to take it from there and fulfill your duties to the best of your abilities. I guarantee you will continue to be rewarded and promoted if you have strong work ethic and truly posses employer loyalty. I've been with Ultimate over 5 years and management has provided me with many opportunities to climb the ladder. There is lots of room to grow and you just can't get enough of the culture. The perks and benefits that Ultimate provides to its employees is unheard of in these times. I can't predict what's to come but if Ultimate continues to maintain this culture and work environment, I can confidently state that I could work here till retirement.

Cons

We have grown considerably since I've joined and with that comes growing pains. Most corporate organizations encounter these struggles at one time or another. So far, executive management has done a fine job in proving through their actions that we can remain one of the best companies to work for even with this growth pattern. For example, the large investment Ultimate makes in staffing for departments such as Service and Development - the departments that touch our customers daily is proof that they saw a need for improvement and fulfilled it. I've seen a lot of businesses run too lean causing heir turnover numbers to skyrocket. Not at Ultimate. Work/Life balance takes priority.

The only thing I ask is that as we grow and become more and more successful- let's not forget our mantra "People First." It's easy to get lost in corporate competition within the HCM industry. Ultimate supports over 2000 families today and so if we can help it, let's not forget that everyone is fighting a battle that we don't know about. So, management please keep giving constructive criticism and feedback on performance and let there be no surprises to your employees on how they are doing today and how they can improve. Over-communication is key for an employee to excel and for a manager to truly be a good mentor.

A great journey....for a while

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Benefits are amazing. They do take care of people via their benefits. People work hard and are dedicated to the organization and the vision of the company. Quarterly meetings with all employees are very good in keeping everyone informed of the progress of the company.

Cons

Company has grown so fast over the last couple of years that the "family culture" is beginning to be affected. The growth is only now beginning to be structured. Because of the fast unstructured growth over the last couple of years, many people were impacted and moral started to drop and unfortunately, continuing to drop.

Be careful of cronyism. It is beginning to be very prevalent in the organization and impacting the business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and excellent direct manager to employee relationships.

Cons

Some decision are slow, but this means people are actually thinking before they act.

Involve employees more in the process and you will always win.

Ultimate Software is a great company to work with, they treat their employees wonderfully.

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company benefits are the best in the business. Didn't meet one person that wasn't friendly. Everyone is willing to help with whatever needs to be done. Many people work remotely, who doesn't like working from your kitchen table

Cons

Phoenix division is new and not as organized as the rest of the company. I think after a few years things will settle down and fall into place

I never thought I would have a job that felt like I was working with family!

Current Employee - Account Manager - Workplace  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager - Workplace in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The benefits are amazing
    - The people that work here are fabulous
    - Excellent work environment

Cons

There are zero cons working here, that I can see.

Keep doing what you are doing to make US all successful.

Excellent environment, experience, and culture.

Current Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There are so many great people that make working here enjoyable. The company emphasizes a healthy work-life balance and follows through with it.

Cons

It's hard to think of anything at this point. The right-most of four elevators has been out of order for a few days.

Keep up the great communication with the employees.

Best company ever!!

Current Employee - Executive Relationship Manager
    Current Employee - Executive Relationship Manager

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture. The company has a strong vision for who they are and the mission at hand. Very well compensated and amazing benefits! I could picture working here for the rest of my career.

Cons

No cons come to mind. Overall, I feel very supported in my role.

Keep it going!!

Ultimate Software...Best Company Ever!

Current Employee - Director of Relationship Management  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Relationship Management in Albany, NY

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, Ultimate is always looking for ways to better take care of their employees and their families.

Cons

Working virtual I miss out on some of the perks that employees have working from an office. That is really the nature of any virtual employee.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Working for this incredible company has changed my life

Current Employee - Account Manager - Workplace  in  Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager - Workplace in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture that our CEO, Scott Scherr has created is unbelievable. Everyone is like family, co-laboring for the benefit of our clients. Everyone's voice is heard and respected. Management truly takes care of their teams. This company not only takes care of me, but my entire family. My children have visited Ultimate Software and see it as a "Software Disneyworld". They hope to work here someday as well. Scott had a vision 25 years ago, and it grows everyday. He is an amazing person and leader.I am so honored to be a part of this fantastic company.

Cons

There are no real "cons". Yes, there are stressful issues and seasons, but I see them as opportunities for growth and learning.

Keep up the great work. The plans for this company just keep getting better and I think that with the culture that everyone has grown accustomed to, we will all want to be a part of it's future.

Worked for Ultimate Software? Contribute to the Community!