Ultimate Software

Updated March 4, 2015
4.6

Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr

Pros
  • The company emphasizes a healthy work-life balance and follows through with it (in 12 reviews)

• Monthly visit from the ice cream truck at HQ (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons at this moment in time that I would like to share (in 15 reviews)

• Work/life balance is important and you need to ensure you are keeping yours at a good ratio (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Systems Consultant

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing onboarding experience! Truly a People First company!! I have had such a warm, supportive, welcome to the company. Benefits, perks, and growth potential is unsurpassed.

Cons

I have no cons to report at this point in my journey. I am completely satisfied. Best decision I've ever made, career-wise.

Keep doing what you're doing to lead the industry, not only in HCM, but in Company Culture as well!

Awesome Company

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Working here is refreshing because of the environment and the workflow. I have all positive feedback concerning the people first motto, I see it and feel it.

Cons

The only con I have is there's a lot to learn but there are fantastic learning resources available to help with the large learning curve.

This is an amazing company to be in; the family culture everyone talks about is real.

Current Employee - Payment Services in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Payment Services in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company. Great benefits and culture. Lots of food. Amazing company morale. Friendly co-workers and management who are quite "down to earth." People here encourage you to be yourself and constantly improve both personally and within the company. What more can you ask?

Cons

There is some disorganization and a lack of communication between departments and within training programs; but given that this company is still growing and constantly implementing changes and improvements, these symptoms are negligible. You just got to be patient and work through the kinks of the organization as they grow and adapt.

Great Company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits! You work hard but also you get compensated in different ways. Great atmosphere and modern work spaces. Management is very transparent and very reachable. As a developer I've being learning new things, they try to work with the latest technologies. Is a great place to work.

Cons

Company is getting bigger and at least in Weston they have 9 buildings separate from each other. I wish that we could be all in one building to meet more coworkers.

Not just an employee --- FAMILY HERE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

By far the best culture I have ever worked in. We're not just employees here... this is Family. Benefits are amazing, growth opportunity is great, in the process of creating internal talent development, and training is amazing.

Cons

I cannot really think of any cons in the time I have been here. The only one is the Ulti 15... there is always food and events and food and more. However, they just started a workout program that encourages you to workout and you can earn money.

Continue doing what your doing and investing in your ultipeeps. Don't ever leave us!

Genuinely Great

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great Management (Executives and Mgrs), Supportive Culture, Incredible Benefits, the list goes on and on. The company truly cares about the employees and that trickles down into a great product and service they provide for their customers.

Cons

Overtime (although compensated) and intense work at times. Just started a few months ago, so not sure of how much growth opportunities

Keep the culture of "People First" going, and the sky's the limit.

Still waiting

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Great company but not an employee yet

Cons

Still waiting on their call

Intern

Former Intern - Intern in Weston, FL
    Former Intern - Intern in Weston, FL

I worked at Ultimate Software as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I LOVED interning here!! I got the opportunity a couple years ago while in high school, and it was amazing. Everyone in my department accepted me and took me under their wing despite still being in high school. I actually got the chance to do real work rather than doing busy work or running errands. I was given my own desk, computer, and email address, which was very impressive as a high schooler.

Cons

I can't really think of anything specifically. I guess one thing COULD be not really interacting with people in other departments, but I only worked 2 hours/ day.

Great dream that turned into a nightmare.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I worked at Ultimate Software

Pros

The idea of the culture - "People First", is a wonderful ideology. Great Benefits and perks.

Cons

The idea of the culture - "People First", is a wonderful ideology. I am sure in years past that was the case. I know many of the employees that have been there for many years and can tell you it was a different place years ago; but now, it is not. The company boasts that it is one of the best places to work...that is true for some but not all. The environment is very political (although they claim it is not). There are alliances and management is not held accountable for its failures and inappropriate behavior. There is nepotism, favoritism, disparate treatment and many cases a hostile wok environment. There is no true HT department and instead of working through problems with compassion and mediation with equal treatment on both sides. Management protects each other and does not want to engage in equal and fair opportunity for resolution. If you do not "Tow the Line" or ask questions or stand up for others or what is right you are hounded and penalized and either fired or they make it so difficult to stay that you quit.

Listen to your employees. There are some very serious issues going on with management and employee relations. Don't take sides - take action for resolution instead of playing favorites, playing politics and taking sides. My research has shown that this is a repeated problem within the company and explains why the drop from #9 to #20 in the "Best Places to Work" standings keep dropping.

Some good, some bad just like every other place

Former Employee - Payroll in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Payroll in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great benefits, flexible time off policy

Cons

work load is crushing, favoritism is out of control

Don't promote people to management because they are friends and relatives. Start rewarding performance and not friendships.