Ultimate Software Reviews

Reset
4.6
Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr

Pros
  • Awesome benefits, good work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• They provide excellent benefits, great employee recognition program, Company paid Disney trips, happy hours, free lunches, ice cream truck (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons to report working for this employer (in 15 reviews)

• Work/Life balance takes priority (in 8 reviews)

1. Customer Success Specialist

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the culture, the focus on the employee, & the leadership here!

Cons

There are no cons! I love this job and the environment!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! It has proven to be successful!

2. Customer Success Specialist

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

This is a wonderful, family/community oriented work environment, that is absolutely a wonderful place to work! I love the culture, & I love how people engage with one another. It is so reassuring going to work everyday, and committing yourself to your job when the philospohy here is treating your staff as a first investment. I love going to work everyday!

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing thus far that I have experienced, from onboarding forward, that I would consider a "CON" or a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep the objective of the CEO in mind when conducting any/all business amongst staff and clients and you will never fail.

3. Great place to work for entry level and experienced employees

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ultimate strives on giving every employee the opportunity to grow within the company. It is difficult to find employees who are stagnant and accustomed to repetition simply because of the company's culture pushing people to exceed expectations and achieve great things.

Ultimate's benefits are in their own league, which is well known both internally and externally. Along with the company's unmatched benefits is the highly recognized work culture. Ultimate truly believes that every employee at every level makes up what is known as the Ulti Family.

You will always be challenged in your role, but the people around you are a great contribution to your success.

Cons

There are frequent company reorganizations.

5. 'Ultimate' Place to Work

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

From the CEO down, every level of Management and Employee are welcoming and approachable.

Cons

Have not found a 'con' yet!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and do not change a thing.

6. Best company to work for

Current Employee - Consulting Services Coordinator in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Consulting Services Coordinator in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel valued at Ultimate and like a part of the family. They empower me to work hard and provide for my family. I will never leave.

Cons

I wish we had a gym on-site. If that is my only complaint you can see why this is one of the best companies to work for in the world.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

7. Why I want to spend the rest of my life working for Ultimate Software

Current Employee - Marketing in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ultimate Software is my dream job, not because of what I do on a daily basis, but because of how people make me feel while doing it- appreciated, trusted and valued. Most important, I feel like we are a family, and Scott Scherr is the patriarchal example of what kindness, perseverance and hope can achieve. He is truly about "giving back", and reminds me of how important it is to not lose track of that, no matter how successful we are.

Cons

There are no downsides- for those who do not stay employed with US, I find it highly doubtful they will ever find anything like our company again. It is where I want to spend the rest of my life making the most impact I can for our customers.

Advice to Management

Keep watching and listening to Scott- and lead by his example...he is truly the best of our company and we owe him everything.

8. Feeling the Love!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Company Culture:
    Genuine support and appreciation from the top down. Affirmation and validation for individual and team efforts.

Community commitment :
    Employee encouraged and sponsored involvement for community support and philanthropic events.

Ultimate Software is a wonderful community of people that genuinely care for and support one another with the shared goal to make Ultimate the best company for both its customers and its employees. It really feels good to be part of a company that truly believes in its initiative of "People First".

Benefits:
    100% Employer paid health coverage for employee and family (includes medical PPO plan, choice of dental plan, prescription and vision)
    100% Employer paid health coverage for same sex married couples
    100% Employer paid life insurance to match 1x annual salary
    100% Employer paid long term disability
    $10,000 spouse life insurance
    Restricted Stock Units granted to every regular full-time employee
    401k Retirement Savings Plan with 35% company match on every dollar of employee contribution
    Paid Time Off starting with 15 days on 1st year of employment
    Paid ‘UltiService’ Days (2 days per year/ per employee for charity work)
    Online health, wellness and work-life balance service
    Tuition/Certification Reimbursements
    Paid Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
    Flexible Spending Accounts
    Credit Union

Ultimate Software goes beyond any other company I have experienced in my 20 yrs of being a working professional to show its employees they’re valued—on-site massage service, dry-cleaning service, indoor basketball court, exercise and salsa classes, Weight Watchers group, birthday celebrations, inter-departmental bowling contests, periodic breakfast, lunch, and ice cream treats, departmental reward trips/programs, and so much more..

Cons

Growing pains make it a challenge when it comes to parking. Work from home days have been implemented to assist, but at times it makes it challenging to feel connected to all of your team.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing! Ultimate is pioneering and innovative in its approach to people management and it truly is appreciated. I love coming to work and being a part of this amazing initiative.

9. Human Resources

Current Employee - People Coordinator in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - People Coordinator in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything! I love my boss, my team and all my co-workers. We are all definitely one HUGE family! We all have the same goal and that is to make Ultimate Software and ourselves better everyday. Ultimate Software is the company I dreamed working for, but thought it did not exist. Viv and Scott are always there for you in the tough times and good times. The work/life balance is great I am able to be a mother, wife and have a career without any problems. Ultimate has given me the financial and life stability that I needed. I hope to eventually retire from Ultimate because I never want to leave!

Cons

There are no cons! I love EVERYTHING about my job!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. Executive Assistant/Project Management

Current Employee - Executive Assistant/Project Managementt in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant/Project Managementt in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Where do I start! Excellent benefits, unbelievable culture, charitable, upper management treats you like an equal.
    I love to come to work everyday! People actually smile here, it is an awesome atmosphere.

Cons

I do not have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

11. Wellness Director

Current Employee - Wellness Coach in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Wellness Coach in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I couldn't imagine running the health programs i run in any other company. They trust their employees. They put people first-Always. We get 100% health ins.coverage,also for our family. This saves a lot of money for us. As the wellness coach it helps me to be able to track the health needs as well as their improvements. Employees want to be healthier for the reason that we are #1 to the company and they want to not make the company endure extra health expenses so they are taking better care of themselves. They get off medication. Learn to do better exercise to also get off meds as well as feel better in their body making it easier to exercise.
    We are giving amazing yearly team trips. We bond while have fun.
    We get to celebrazte with all our new hires every quarter. The entire company is treated to bar-b-q and music. We meet the new hires and it helps to make them more comfortable.
    Standing desks are used for those who want to be proactive in their health and not sit all day. We also have tread desk stations as well.
    Our corporate run is payed for by Ultimate which is another healthy event we get to be involved with. I really cant think of any place better to work!

Cons

I really can't think of one.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are dooing. We are all so happy.

RSS Feed </> Embed