Ultimate Software Reviews

Reset
4.6
Ultimate Software Chairman, President, and CEO Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr

Pros
  • Awesome benefits, good work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• They provide excellent benefits, great employee recognition program, Company paid Disney trips, happy hours, free lunches, ice cream truck (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I have no cons to report working for this employer (in 15 reviews)

• Work/Life balance takes priority (in 8 reviews)

1. 'THE' Top Company to work for

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company cares about and does so much for it's people, and in turn the people take care of each other and our customers. Many companies try to accomplish this culture, but it cannot just be created on a whim. Ultimate has been walking the walk since inception.

Cons

None. We work hard which some may find as a negative, but most welcome hard work because from that stems accomplishment, and championships!

Advice to Management

Keep it going. Keep the servant leadership mentality, trust your teams to do the right things, and keep putting the right people in the right seats and we'll all win.

This truly is the best company to work for

Current Employee - Mid-Market Solution Expert in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mid-Market Solution Expert in Houston, TX

Pros

Everything this company does is in the best interest of their employees. It doesn't stop with the free insurance, 35% 401(k) match, or the equity. It continues. They are alway looking for ways to make our lives both inside Ultimate and at home better. My personal family is very important to my work family. At other companies I have worked for, you want to run and hide from your CEO. Not with Scott Scherr. He cares enough to want to get to know you and your family. You actually WANT to talk with Scott. I have never worked with a CEO that was more approachable and more "normal person" than Scott.

Cons

The travel for my role is a little more than I thought, but it isn't unbearable. The pros definitely outweigh the cons. I would love to retire at Ultimate Software.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

3. Best Company to work for in the world

Pros

Everything is done the right way. 100% paid benefits for me and my family, 35% match on my 401k, opportunity to earn stock every year. I get the best tools to do my job everyday with support from the CEO on down. I have offers to go to numerous other companies and I am never leaving. Best product, best people not only in the HCM industry, but in any industry!

Cons

Nothing, everyday gets better at Ultimate

Advice to Management

keep doing everything that you are doing and look forward to 1 Billion in revenue in 2018

5. Amazing company...love my job!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership that truly cares about ALL employees regardless of position, engaging culture that focuses on providing the best HCM product and delivering the best customer service. Scott Scherr takes care of his employees, and they in turn take care of the customers...outstanding compensation plan, benefits and leadership! You get all of the tools, training and support to be successful here. You need to bring the dedication and hard work. I've found the best company to work!

Cons

No cons to share at this time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! And, thanks!

6. Best Company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They truly are about their employees. They dedicate time and money to make sure all employees are fully trained and happy at work.

Cons

I do not have any cons about Ultimate Software. Although I am still new I have heard exceptional stories from current employees.

Advice to Management

Continue doing exactly what you are doing. You listen to not only your customers but employees as well and make us feel that we matter. Thank you for the opportunity!

7. Amazing Culture & Opprotunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel so fortunate to be part of this awesome culture that never ceases to amaze me! Getting to collaborate with and serve some of the best and brightest people each day is what it's all about. I have the opportunity to coach and lead my team as I feel is best, all while having the support of leadership, you can't ask for much more than that. Finally, the opportunities for growth are real and present for those who apply themselves - people really do take notice!

Cons

None that come to mind, it truly doesn't feel like work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, foster the culture, and only seek out and hire on the best.

8. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Nice atmosphere. Great work-life balance. Opportunities for growth. Awesome benefits. Paid volunteering days.

Cons

Lack of space for new hires.

9. No place I'd rather work, and that's the truth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture of our company truly separates us from the rest. From the top down, leadership moves in the same direction, always looking out for the employees. Every decision made is for the good of the employees and their families. Leaders are given the autonomy to make decisions without the corporate red tape that exists elsewhere. The culture has only improved in the 5+ years I've been with Ultimate.

Cons

The only issue that exists is that some employees take for granted how good they have it at Ultimate. Some believe the grass is greener elsewhere. Most of these employees have no other experience to draw from. Some people can get entitled in an employee-centric culture like this.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the team do go above and beyond. The sky is the limit for a company with this kind of culture.

10. Best place to work

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

100% paid benefits for you and your family, great people, Scott and Viv care about us like we are their kids

Cons

This is the best company I have ever worked - no cons

11. Exceptional Company, Exemplary Core Values

Current Employee - Team Lead - UTM in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Lead - UTM in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ultimate Software is a company that puts its employees first, that has never changed. They value their employees so much that they cover the employees and family health and dental coverage and match 401k/Roth contributions dollar for dollar up to 35%. If I said nothing more, that alone would be enough. Management consistently has open door policy and tries to implement changes that can be beneficial to the organization across all departments. Plus they have other ULTI perks that continue revitalize the work force to produce the numbers.

Cons

I am having a difficult time to come up with any cons. The only one I can think of would be related to specialty support and the staffing levels compared to that of the other departments. Side note there is that our superiors do a lot to give us solutions or give us insight in roadmap for those areas.

Advice to Management

Only advice I can add would be to continue to listen to the employees and take the best interest of the front lines when consideration of best practices and policies and procedures.

RSS Feed </> Embed