Ultimate Software Reviews

248 reviews filtered by

Beware, Do Not Believe the Hype

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If candidates have the right members of management of their side, their employment will be safe regardless of perfomance. If a candidate is willing to work in this type of environment, this is the perfect place for them.

Cons

This company boasts of being a top employer by inflating their turnover numbers. The organization hires a large number of temporary employees which are let go or resign in masses. These numbers are not counted in their attrition as they aren't considered employees.

Performance is not the main factor of good standings but the ability to friend the right members of the senior management team. Nepotism is their model of operation; the top officials are either related or close family friends. This model doesn't allow qualified candidates the opportunity to prove themselves through their job performance.

Forbes gets it wrong every year with rating this company as a top employer because the management team only allow certain individuals to participate in their survey. Due to the free benefits there are employees who dislike the organization but chose to provide good feedback because of their personal reasons and Ultimate Software takes advantage of this situation.

The top employer status is used as a sales tool to attract clients, however they nickel and dime every customer. For being a HR company, employees are treated unfairly with poor performance documentation for obvious reasons.

Forbes, stop using a generic survey, get the real facts...

No advise. So far this model has made many members of the senior management team very wealthy.

Family friendly environment

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are incredible, work life balance, working remote is not frowned upon, everyone will always lend a hand to help, employee's are friendly, the C-level executives are wonderful

Cons

Internal employee's are overlooked for promotions, no professional growth, salaries for the same positions are not comparable, there is not training for all positions

Hire internally and promote someone before hiring external (training is available for customer support positions, why are we not considering/training internal people first??) , Implement training for all positions, review salaries and take a look at experience level, there are employee's without experience who get paid more, our culture should be the same for all departments

Great culture but not perfect

I have been working at Ultimate Software (more than a year)

Pros

Amazing work life balance and great opportunities for working from home

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to move up, tons of politics at play and people need to "pay their dues" and be at a position for a certain amount of time before moving up. They don't move up those most talented sometimes because they need to move up those who have put in the time

Spend some time finding your superstars and let them shine! Don't put more obstacles in their way.

An amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Services Mentor & Training Specialist
    Current Employee - Services Mentor & Training Specialist

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Family environments, team and family unity, ease to share and collaborate on ideas, visions and making ideas become reality. Always being able to talk openly, without conflict, the CEO knows every team member in Ultimate Software by name.

Cons

We get fed a lot, and this makes us need to go to the gym. I love that they give us choices, but it truely is a test of willpower to not overindulge!!

Really listen to those who speak, and vet out any underlying problems that may be the root cause of the discussions.

Best CEO and All Around Best Company

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Ultimate is an amazing company to work for - it really starts with leadership. Scott Scherr, our CEO, started the company with a motto that hasn't changed even as we are a much larger organization. Treat your employees as you would like to be treated, and they will stay loyal. That motto will also promote customer retention because he and his co-founders figured out a long time ago what other companies/ corp leaders don't understand. Happy employees means happy customers.

Cons

it's hard to turn away the people who want to work here because there is a lot of enthusiasm for employment at our company

Keep doing what you are doing!

BDM

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Culture, CEO, Leadership, work-life balance, compensation. To be honest, this is the best company I have every worked for.

Cons

I didn't find this company earlier.

A company that walks the talk

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

It comes from the top down. A leader that truly cares about his employees and shows it in every decision he makes. There's a reason Ultimate is in the top 20 of Best Places to Work every year.

Cons

I've been here for just over a year and I've been waiting for the catch, but I'm starting to think there isn't one. This place really is that good.

All good so far.

Best Career Decision I Have Ever Made

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fantastic leadership, unrelenting focus on employees, best culture I have ever been a part of, by far. This company truly walks the walk.

Cons

I have really not seen any that are avoidable.

Nothing you haven't already figured out. The level of engagement here is off the charts. Keep it going!

10. So Far So Good The Best Company I've worked for

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture. A CEO that cares about his people and customers.
    Everyday there's a new challenge.
    My team has a great dynamic that helps our greater good:Team, Customers, Company
    Excellent Benefits
    Accessible resources for efficient solutions
    Great training opportunities, room for lateral or ascending moves into other positions

Cons

No complaints yet.

Keep advancing and improving what we already have

Keep it up.
    I cannot speak on other managers, but creating a cohesive team dynamic is essential and thus far our team has worked well together because of it. As long as we are near or placed in positions to succeed, we all enjoy the results.

11. Account Manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Great company, honest people, great team work, fantastic benefits, managers take care of employees and want to assist you the best way they can, the company is more than a job is my family.

Cons

There are no cons. It's a great company and that is not the best word to use.

Keep up the fantastic company moral and company growth! You guys are doing an awesome job! 2 thumbs up!