Ultimate Software Reviews

Reset

1. Why I want to spend the rest of my life working for Ultimate Software

Current Employee - Marketing in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Ultimate Software is my dream job, not because of what I do on a daily basis, but because of how people make me feel while doing it- appreciated, trusted and valued. Most important, I feel like we are a family, and Scott Scherr is the patriarchal example of what kindness, perseverance and hope can achieve. He is truly about "giving back", and reminds me of how important it is to not lose track of that, no matter how successful we are.

Cons

There are no downsides- for those who do not stay employed with US, I find it highly doubtful they will ever find anything like our company again. It is where I want to spend the rest of my life making the most impact I can for our customers.

Advice to Management

Keep watching and listening to Scott- and lead by his example...he is truly the best of our company and we owe him everything.

2. Feeling the Love!

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Company Culture: Genuine support and appreciation from the top down. Affirmation and validation for individual and team efforts. Community commitment : Employee encouraged and sponsored involvement for community support and philanthropic events. Ultimate Software is a wonderful community of people that genuinely care for and support one another with the shared goal to make Ultimate the best company for both its customers and its employees. It really feels good to be part of a company that truly believes in its initiative of "People First". Benefits: 100% Employer paid health coverage for employee and family (includes medical PPO plan, choice of dental plan, prescription and vision) 100% Employer paid health coverage for same sex married couples 100% Employer paid life insurance to match 1x annual salary 100% Employer paid long term disability $10,000 spouse life insurance Restricted Stock Units granted to every regular full-time employee 401k Retirement Savings Plan with 35% company match on every dollar of employee contribution Paid Time Off starting with 15 days on 1st year of employment Paid ‘UltiService’ Days (2 days per year/ per employee for charity work) Online health, wellness and work-life balance service Tuition/Certification Reimbursements Paid Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave Flexible Spending Accounts Credit Union Ultimate Software goes beyond any other company I have experienced in my 20 yrs of being a working professional to show its employees they’re valued—on-site massage service, dry-cleaning service, indoor basketball court, exercise and salsa classes, Weight Watchers group, birthday celebrations, inter-departmental bowling contests, periodic breakfast, lunch, and ice cream treats, departmental reward trips/programs, and so much more..

Cons

Growing pains make it a challenge when it comes to parking. Work from home days have been implemented to assist, but at times it makes it challenging to feel connected to all of your team.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing! Ultimate is pioneering and innovative in its approach to people management and it truly is appreciated. I love coming to work and being a part of this amazing initiative.

3. Executive Assistant/Project Management

Current Employee - Executive Assistant/Project Managementt in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant/Project Managementt in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

Where do I start! Excellent benefits, unbelievable culture, charitable, upper management treats you like an equal. I love to come to work everyday! People actually smile here, it is an awesome atmosphere.

Cons

I do not have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

5. I'm still pinching myself...

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, then it is." I'm here to say Ultimate Software is 100% real! Ultimate really does put its people first. It's not just the comprehensive benefits package (100% company-paid healthcare premiums, 35% matching for 401(k), restricted stock units, service days so we can spend time giving back to charity, free monthly meals and treats, and a lot more than I can adequately list here) and competitive salaries. It's the everyday things. You're respected among the office by your colleagues (no matter your "level" in the organization), you can provide your opinion or pitch new ideas without worrying about backlash (feedback is encouraged), and you're empowered to take educated chances and try out new concepts and processes. When I first met members of the UltiFamily, the place, the people, and the job seemed too good to be true, as though everything would be great up front, only for things to change the minute I walked in. That's not the case at all! I've been here for months, but I'm still pinching myself! The feeling is real. The people are real. Ultimate really is the Best Place to Work!

Cons

I really can't think of any cons to report. Sure, an on-site gym would be great. But if that's the biggest con, then I really shouldn't complain!

Advice to Management

Stay true to your core belief of People First. It's worked for 25 years and it will carry US through the next 25, and many, many more!

6. Business Development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strongly believe that leadership will always do the right thing

Cons

I love my job and I love my company. It is family

Advice to Management

Don't change what you are doing, it works!

7. Amazing Company

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

This is a great company that really does practice what they preach. The top down method of taking care of employees and customers is seen in multiple facets and employees are genuinely happy with their positions.

Cons

You will probably gain weight working here because they feed you all the time.

8. The Ultimate Place to Work!

Current Employee - UTM Support Professional in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - UTM Support Professional in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

So I have been here for more than 3 months and can say with confidence, Ultimate is the Google of the HR/Payroll industry! Going in, I knew this was a great place to work, but seeing is believing. Everyone cares about what they do and how much of an impact each person makes. The motto is People First! This means, the company takes care of the Employees, Employees take care of their customer and this has proven to be very successful. They encourage personal growth within and everyone is here to help with the plan and not hold you back. This company recognizes the value of their employees and that's the main reason I joined. Also, the benefits are ridiculously amazing!

Cons

I wish I had one... but so far so good!

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage growth!

9. Excellent!

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software

Pros

The company culture is awesome! Leadership gives back to the community and their employees. The staff is caring and always willing to help - even before you are onboard. I have never been treated so well!

Cons

There are so many helpful individuals along with tools and avenues to gain assistance, it's overwhelming. What a great problem to have!

Advice to Management

Your hard work is evident. Keep up the good work! I look forward to a long career at Ultimate Software.

You won't understand until you work here.

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kind and caring executives starting with the CEO and CPO. They genuinely believe in what they say about People first. Also, the benefits rock and everyone you work with is so willing to help you succeed. They care about what they do and believe it will make people's lives better.

Cons

Hard to get into the company without a connection to an existing employee. Some people need to apply multiple times to get an offer.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

11. Strategic District Manager

Current Employee - Strategic Human Capital Management Manager
    Current Employee - Strategic Human Capital Management Manager

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is better than any other organization that i have ever worked for. They don't just use "People First" as a great slogan but this company lives it out. Base pay is right in line with competitors but the commission opportunity is far superior. 100% Paid Benefits for my family and a 35% match on my 401k with no cap. Great people all around and feel blessed to work for such a great organization.

Cons

None that I can think of at this point. Just a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Don't forget what got this organization to this point. People first and honesty. Great group of people to work for and Scott deserves his #5 Ranking

RSS Feed </> Embed