Ultimate Sports & Apparel Reviews

1 review filtered by
2.0
1 Review
Richard A. McGrath

1. Not bad if you have a very thick skin.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, PA

I worked at Ultimate Sports & Apparel

Pros

-Pay isn't bad.
    -Most employees easy to work with.
    -Flexibility with time off. Management worked with me when I needed to take time off shortly after I started.

Cons

-Virtually no benefits. This is likely the result of the company having a fairly small number of employees.
    -Very little training, at least in the office. Employees tended to be told the absolute basics, then left mostly to fend for themselves. This was somewhat mitigated by the other employees understanding that is what happened and helping new employees.
    -Upper management could be abrasive, and wildly varied depending on mood.
    -Instruction on new tasks was often vague and sometimes contradictory, then failure to meet exact specifications that were not given was met with anger.

Please be more careful when describing new project ideas, be sure that samples meet your requirements before asking employees to fully commit, and be understanding when vague instruction does not create the exact results you desire. And please be sure that employees are fully trained in all aspects of company policy before finding fault in them for things that they have no means of knowing.