Ultra Clean Technology Reviews

Ultra Clean Technology CEO Clarence L. Granger
Clarence L. Granger

Ok - not horrible.

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology

Pros

Good benefit. Going through changes. Many talented good working people and has good equipments.

Cons

Depending on which department. Disconnect between management and employees. Advancement in the company depends on who you know.

A decent place to be at if you're in a pinch

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have a manager that is protective of the group and hired me when there was no other opportunities for me. I was able to take the time off to take care of my Dad while he was sick on Fridays. Received promotion where most people don't.

Cons

A lot of people who work here also seemed to be in a pinch such company downsizing, lay offs, new grad with no work, etc. Many co-workers here were laid off from other companies during times such as economic downturn and transferred their skillset here. I myself and the previous person in my position could not find jobs and ended up taking the offer. He ended up leaving for a much bigger company.

A co-worker once told me that the guy before me was the only guy to take the low pay, all other candidates turned down the offer. The only reason I was hired was because the other more qualified candidate turned down the offer. There were several positions that took months to fill because every time the company gave an offer, it was turned down. My two new co-workers were out of a job for several months and took the offer.

There is a lot of arguments and disagreements, even some backstabbing between different groups with little room to compromise. All the different groups seem to be low on resources and manpower.

The only reason I have 3 stars is because despite the chaos at work, my manager watches out for me.

Stop looking at the front end savings and start trying to build a long term relationship with good reputable suppliers. A good supplier may charge higher prices, but won't have big blow backs that is costly and ruins our reputation as a contract manufacturer.

Intimated, singled out, discriminated, verbally abused

I worked at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best place to work at if you can make it into the clique, you get well paid for doing nothing all day.

Cons

This company was beyond terrible with abusing power. Anyone in lead, supervisor, and manager positions took some sadistic pride in false discipline. This of course will not affect you if you rub elbows with the right people. This place has nothing to do with actual work, its politics.

There is no helping management

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All cons

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Plenty of mistakes = Plenty of overtime to fix those mistakes

Cons

The management team and leads do not have UCT's best interests in mind. Rather than hiring talented employees they suround themselves with the least
    talented to maintain their control and position. Ultimately the quality and production efficiency is significantly jeopardized on a day to day basis.

Unorganized, poorly managed, not a good place to work at

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for people with little or no experience, an OK place to start.

Cons

Management is dysfunctional, poor benefits, no culture, high expectations with no gratitude what-so-ever.
    The company is like a bus stop, people come and go, a lot of people are constantly leaving the company. HR is completely impotent.
    No growth potential.
    Management declines to send employees to training that is essential to their job function

Show gratitude to employees and invest in current employees, try to make them happy instead of hiring more and more people because so many people are quitting

Poor Company Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are some great smart people working here.

Cons

Most employees feel under appreciated and over worked.

Reward your employees. Even small things like a company picnic or "spot" bonuses.

High Expectations low return

I worked at Ultra Clean Technology

Pros

What you see is what you get

Cons

High turn around( layoffs monthly)

More cons than pros at UCT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

I worked at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great comraderie and support from co-workers and mangement in my department. All pulling together and doing whatever necessary to get the jobs done well and on time.

Cons

Too much political in-fighting and posturing at executive level. New President micro-manges routine decisions of his VP's and below to save money. Penny-wise and pound foolish. CFO doesn't have the expertise or common sense to run Finance and HR. Out of the office most of the time. Some try to rule by intimidation. CEO lets it all happen. Survival of the fittest rules here.

Listen to the mangers and employees under you.

Don't waste your time

I worked at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good company model in a much needed niche industry with a lot of great human capital

Cons

A management team that things they know it all and will not listen to anyone's ideas. Proof is how they ruined the profitable AIT company when they purchased it in 2012. They instituted their ideas and forced their policies on a business they said would help their bottom line, and ruined their margins and profitability. They forced many talented people to leave because they refused to listen to ideas they didn't come up with themselves.

Start listening to all ideas and not just your own! Employees are valuable assets and when you buy a company that is doing well, listen and learn!

Small time wanting to be Big time

I have been working at Ultra Clean Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seriously none that I can think of.

Cons

*Management constantly trying to find ways to keep profits out of the hands of the employees
    *CEO tired, has turned the keys to the building over to the President, who gets into the weeds more than anyone should
    *CYA 24-7

Take care of your people and don't promote in-fighting amongst functional groups.

Worked for Ultra Clean Technology? Contribute to the Community!