Ultra Electronics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Rakesh Sharma

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits, great people and work environment, flexible work schedule, challenging and interesting work, nice commute, business rebounding (in 3 reviews)

• Very good conditions, with great benefits package and working time etc (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know how to run a company (in 11 reviews)

• The company is being driven into the ground by the decisions of the senior management team (in 8 reviews)

Watch These Reviews!

Former Employee - Employee in Yaphank, NY
    Former Employee - Employee in Yaphank, NY

I worked at Ultra Electronics (More than 8 years)

Pros

"Ultra invests in its product lines to ensure that the next generation of technology is delivered sooner than others can achieve. This makes selling for this company much easier" "Over the last six months ProLogic has been relentless in adopting clear objectives, reshaping the business strategy, protecting our core values, taking care of the people and driving a clear and conscience renewed commitment from the top executive team" "EMS is a great environment for continued personal and professional growth. The company has a diversified product offering that secures business even during the sequester. Excellent benefits. Strong leadership and values. Management accessible. Open-door policy. Great work-life balance." "Ultra Electronics is a company for life, having joined almost 9 years ago now. The employee benefits are vast and are the best I’ve seen at any company. Staff and managers are friendly and professional and always encourage employee development. The Ultra Electronics culture allows employees to grow and progress through the company by offering on the job training and advice." "What a fantasic company to work for. I work with great people and the company has excellent leadership. The culture here is amazing, my collegues are so supportive, it feels like a family!" "I am still in my first year of being part of this company but already been made to feel very welcomed, involved and challenged. I have learnt so much in a short time frame and have plenty of scope to learn more with a number of training opportunities given to me to assist with this education. My own job has already grown so much without being overwhelmed with work as…" "No ideas or concepts are off-limits. They even have a fund to encourage people to come up with new (sometimes strange) ideas and get additional corporate funding to get them going" "People are treated as adults with scope to do their job well and get recognised and rewarded for it. Flexible benefits (you can have extra holiday, buy cars, get shares (with tax benefits)) do help. I know some bits of"

Cons

Read the 'Pros.' Real people don't talk like this - HR and corporate communication experts talk like this. When a company has HR stuffing Glassdoor with positive reviews and and superlatives like "it feels like a family" its a sign of corporate culture. If you want to work for a culture like this - Ultra is for you.

Advice to Management

Attempts to stuff Glassdoor are transparent. Treat your employees better let them write the reviews not your HR department.

Jul 20, 2015 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback. You may not feel the same way as other employees and past employees who have added comments and that is understandable as we all have different views. I hope the ... More

The right place at the time

Former Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development in Austin, TX

I worked at Ultra Electronics (More than a year)

Pros

benefits were good; people are smart

Cons

no vision and an inability to develop and deliver new products

Advice to Management

none

Jul 27, 2015 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback which is noted. I am not sure when you left but we wish you every success in your new position. In a recent employee survey in the business (March 15) 3/4 of people felt ... More

3. Trouble

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Ultra Electronics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Product, well-known in Aerospace and Defense Industry

Cons

Corporate change has removed active senior leadership at all levels; company lacks specific direction towards growth. A cash cow for Ultra.

Advice to Management

Sell this division before competition makes it all a moot point.

Jul 20, 2015 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback. Both businesses in CT have been merged with Ultra-EMS; this will help them win further business as well provide business leadership.

5. Sr. Electrical Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Eden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Eden Valley, MN

I worked at Ultra Electronics (Less than a year)

Pros

Great companym to work for as they allowed remote work.

Cons

None that I am aware of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jul 20, 2015 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for your very positive feedback. Your comments about remote working are very helpful.

Not a good organization to work for

Former Employee - Director in Gaithersburg, MD
    Former Employee - Director in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at Ultra Electronics (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay but benefits were so-so

Cons

significant leadership insecurities, constantly under threat by senior management

Advice to Management

Quit and start over immediately

Jul 20, 2015 – Group Human Resources Director

I am sorry you felt this way about your time with Ultra. Your feedback is noted. It was not clear which particular business you worked at so I have added any additional information.

Horrible Company, Horrible Management

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Manassas, VA

I worked at Ultra Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They made payroll, most of the time. They seem to have a parent company that gives money to them blindly, without results.

Cons

You will have a manager in a different state, that doesn't know what you do. They also don't know what they should be doing to help you do what you do. They won't provide you with equipment, guidance, or even an understanding of what the company really does to tread water. Long story short, these are a bunch of want to be professionals who are anything but.

Advice to Management

Management needs to get a new management. Just because you've been there for 20 years, doesn't mean you know anything except how to throw people under a bus, how to lie to customers, and how to treat your employees poorly.

Ups and Downs

I have been working at Ultra Electronics full-time

Pros

They used to pay well and merit increases were legitimate

Cons

New management functions like a large corporation in a company of just over 100. People are just numbers. Iron fist senior management is ineffective. People produce results based on fear and reprimand. There's a reason for such a high turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat people like people. Bottom up analysis is a joke.

Do not pass, GO!!....away

I have been working at Ultra Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There may be a few people you can make friends with, but other than that there is none.

Cons

Management is a disappointment. The high turnover of this company scares me. I receive a company email one week regarding a new hire then a few hours later or the following week I hear that someone left. No type of promotions at all. low company morale...very low. Wish compensation was more for what i do.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your employee's and they're well being.

Engineer

Current Employee - Engineer in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Ultra Electronics

Pros

Not a one at this company!

Cons

This company is with out a doubt one the worst companies I have ever worked at in all my years. The management team is run on a favoritism basis. No chance for advancement here and forget about ever getting any type of salary increase. Management seems to be willing to run over people with a bus if it can alleviate them of ANY responsibility. No one and I mean not one manager at this company will take any type of ownership or responsibility for their VERBAL delegations. There will never be an email trail from management if decision must be made. It is all put on the lower level employees. I am not a disgruntled former employee as I left on my own volition for a better job. Horrible culture and values in this place. If you are looking for sales commissions? forget it because you will do ALL the work only to have the PRESIDENT of the company take your commissions away and claim that he is the salesmen and keep them for himself. It happens time and time again. The President of this company is not very trustworthy in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Quit your jobs now to save some self respect.

Jul 20, 2015 – Group Human Resources Director

Thank you for your feedback. I would encourage you to share that with your leadership at 3eTI, particularly as a recent independent and anonymous employee survey in 2014 84% of employees said they ... More

Going down hill...................

I worked at Ultra Electronics

Pros

It was an 'ok' job in the beginning.

Cons

Leadership changes have caused a revolving door.

RSS Feed </> Embed