Ultramatics

Ultramatics Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Ultramatics President and CEO Saru Seshadri

Saru Seshadri

My internship at Ultramatics was great.

Business Analyst Research (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe people are friendly, they have a nice office location and a helpful supervisor. Overall, it was a good learning experience. I will keep in touch with the people there.

ConsI haven't had any bad experiences at Ultramatics. The only possible downside is that the main office is far from where I live. Other than that it was a great office.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have advice at this time.

A Company That Values Employees

(Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsIt is very clear working here that Ultramatics cares about and values it's employees (refreshing!). The CEO walks to everyone's desks every morning and greets people. It is not uncommon for employees to be taken out to lunch or lunch brought into the office. The benefits are exceptional. Management is very supportive and their doors are always open to employees. The office culture is positive and upbeat. It makes coming to work enjoyable.

ConsThis is an up and coming company. It is growing but is still a relatively smaller company on the right track for tremendous growth and success. But, If you are looking to work in a big corporation, that is not this environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Your positivity and support is greatly appreciated!

Growth opportunities for the hard working and smart

ProsThere is an opportunity to not just learn about the latest technologies but a good chance of doing real-world projects bolstering your career experiences. The company has a lot of training resources one can tap into. The people you work with are very sharp with a positive yet focused get-it-done attitude. The hard work is balanced by regular celebrations and camaraderie around everything from corporate successes to personalized birthday and impromptu lunches.

ConsIt’s a performance-oriented culture. If one is at a point in their life or career where they don’t want to grow, lead, or do both, this probably isn’t the right environment. There is a culture of support, care, professionalism and friendliness, but it’s balanced by an expectation of results from each contributor.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company on the move

ProsThis company believes that the right people will put the company where it needs to be.

ConsThere is a lot of work to do, but the CEO continues to push and keep people focused on what they need to be focused so they don't get sidetracked

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to evolve and keep pushing

This is one smart bunch of people who like coming to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsUltramatics does a great job of hiring quality people and nurturing their development. I appreciate that management's values are good. They do what they say and clearly care about cultivating a friendly, professional work environment. I can't name a single slacker on the team—and there is a good practice of noticing people's accomplishments and thanking them. Also, the CEO makes a point of greeting everyone each morning personally. It's these kinds of touches that let you know they really walk the walk here.

ConsIt's a delivery-oriented environment, so you are challenged to keep up and really pull your weight. Expectations are clear, but they are also aggressive and require your full attention.

ADVICE: Ask a REAL ex-employee via LinkedIn.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsVery few. Some of the old employees were good people, but they have long since escaped.

ConsVery very shady. I will not go into detail about what I know, but highly recommend that you take the time to reach out to people who have really worked there or any of their past clients. (Make sure you choose LinkedIn profiles with pictures and connections - are there are a number of fake ones creates to make the company look bigger than it is)

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you really wonder why you folks are struggling so badly right now? ETHICS. REPUTATION. WORD OF MOUTH. You can write positive reviews as much as you like trying to fool the masses, but your reputation has been earned over time folks.

Overall positive. The management gives emphasis on growth and development.

ProsLearning curve. Lot of training especially on IBM technologies is provided. Being exposed to multiple industries and gain domain knowledge.

ConsWould like some more flexibility with remote work.

Dis-satisfied

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsGreat place to work for sales people.

ConsManagement is not great.
    Not for freshers.
    Compensation way below average and they will never increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish management could have thought 2 years ahead of there business model.

Not so great

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSome of the good people I got to work with while in the company. Chances of high visibility since the size of the company is small.

ConsVery little or no technical/management leadership in the company. Management fails to appreciate or recognize the people who do the real work. The HR team is very unprofessional. Exit of employees from the company is handled very unprofessionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementRather than just going by the perception please recognize and appreciate the right people. The HR team needs to handle things professionally.

Your Just a resource

N/A (Former Employee) Naples (Italy)

Prosgood exposure to new technologies

Conslack of respect for employees if you are on the bench or have any down time you will be replaced. If they can find a candidate that can do your job they will. Your work is never up to there standards so they don't have to pay incentives or bonus structures. NO Working business plan or current engagements. Be aware very aware I would rather work at a fast food restaurant than this company a complete JOKE

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your employees as people that make your business when you reefer to them as a resource it shows show best interest is in mind find a qualified person to run HR, Operations and internal IT. You will never gain traction in the industry by stealing candidates from other agencys.

Worked for Ultramatics? Contribute to the Community!