Umpqua Bank Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Umpqua Bank President, CEO, and Director, Umpqua Holdings and Umpqua Bank Ray Davis
Ray Davis

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, great environment, company culture (in 5 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance, Learning Opportunities, Company Culture, Community Investment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of leadership in some areas and upper management feels that middle managers are responsible for leading without support (in 6 reviews)

• They hire you on as a Universal Associate which means you are a teller (in 4 reviews)

1. Great company headed in the right direction.

Current Employee - Universal Associate III in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Universal Associate III in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Umpqua Bank full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to grow within the company and a great education reimbursement program. They are willing to invest in those that are looking for a career.

Cons

Not every store is looked at individually. Some may have less lobby traffic with adequate help, but those with more lobby traffic have the same help as those that are less busy.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what the frontline has to say.

2. Fun at Umqua

Former Employee - Worker in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Worker in Spokane, WA

I worked at Umpqua Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well for this area at least for the job I had. People are really friendly. Customer oriented.

Cons

Other than I'm not working there. I can't think of any. They always treated me right.

3. QA at Umpqua Bank

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Pembroke, MA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Pembroke, MA

I worked at Umpqua Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for. A great comfortable professional place to work.

Cons

I don't really consider it a con, but there are many hours to be worked. I personally loved it.

5. Umpqua Bank UA

Former Employee - Universal Associate in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Universal Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Umpqua Bank

Pros

Great Company Culture and community service opportunities

Cons

Growth of the company overwhelmed the companies resources.

6. Not the worlds greatest bank

Former Employee - Universal Associate in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Universal Associate in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Umpqua Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Empowerment; they really give you ways to do your own work and make the day yours. You don't need a manager for every decision. Free coffee every day! It's the delicious umpqua blend! 2 weeks paid time off

Cons

Merger with sterling bank allowed sterling bank upper management to destroy umpqua just as they did sterling bank. They put universal associates on the front line of explaining all changes and problems but don't always give accurate or full information so associates end up getting the most heat. Managers don't step in when needed they want you to take care of a problem from beginning to end even if it's well out of control. Still use slogan as "worlds greatest bank" but have changed or removed every action that supports that.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing sterling practices and policies to be implemented into what was a strong financial institution. This bank will fail just like sterling if everything is done the same as sterling

7. Not the Worlds Greatest Bank!

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Umpqua Bank

Pros

Has a ton of potential to be the Worlds Greatest Bank but just because you say it, doesn't mean it's true. Lots of knowledgeable associates from both Sterling and Umpqua - most of whom want to do a great job.

Cons

Upper management allows the proverbial bad apple to spoil the whole bunch by allowing execs to engage in empire building vs. customer best interests. This is not the way to run a company claiming to want to be the Worlds Greatest Bank. My job was safe and I loved my team but I saw decisions being made that benefited certain individuals rather than the banks clients and associates. I just couldn't take it any more.

Advice to Management

Dispose of the "devil you know" mentality and really evaluate who is the best person for the job. I am speaking to those at the highest levels because that certainly didnt happen in integration planning. It was really just given lip service.

8. Universal Associate

I worked at Umpqua Bank full-time

Pros

Freshly brewes coffee daily and amazing store management.

Cons

There is absolutely no room for growth. Customers are a priority, employees are Not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees, that is the key to a succesful company.

9. Great company to work for.

I have been working at Umpqua Bank

Pros

Laid back, a lot of perks. It has a great culture and the customers were great. It wasn't a sales environment so it was great.

Cons

The management was sloppy sometimes. If you had a bad manager, there wasn't really anyone who could hold them accountable unless everyone on their team reported it.

10. Administrative Assistant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Umpqua Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, casual Fridays, no weekends

Cons

Horrific IT situation. Not a job for a seasoned professional. The Administrative Assistant at Intervest is an excellent position for a recent high school grad or stay-at-home-mom re-entering the workforce after decades off. You will man the reception desk. Make coffee and clean up after 20 or so grown people Stock Shelves Basically do everything no one else supposedly has time to do, yet when the bosses are out, its one of the chattiest offices you will ever see and no one at the end of the day looks "overworked" lol. Go through extra pains to determine if there is a career path for you here before you take this position and be prepared to take orders from a bossy adolescent.

Advice to Management

Call the position what it is and don't overhype it. It will save everyone time in the long run

11. Great benefits, and culture that empowers the associates

Current Employee - Loan Support Specialist in Roseburg, OR
    Current Employee - Loan Support Specialist in Roseburg, OR

I have been working at Umpqua Bank (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits. Great vacation time earnings. Amazing volunteer program which allows you to get paid for up to 40 hours of volunteer time.

Cons

No PTO. High work volume which calls for extra hours at the last minute and having to work weekends. Promotions and raises are scares. Raises don't keep up with inflation.

Advice to Management

Keep raises inline with associates responsibilities and experience. A new hire should not make more than someone with 5+ years experience. Value the associates enough to give raises when new responsibilities and job functions are given instead of calling them a lateral move to avoid giving them a raise.

RSS Feed </> Embed