Unbounded Solutions

Updated November 16, 2014
3.3

Unbounded Solutions President & CEO Vik Thadani
Vik Thadani

Pros
  • I have been rewarded in multiple different ways for the hard work i do (in 6 reviews)

• Good Pay, Timely Incentives, Friendly Colleagues and Peers (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The training they give you is very fast paced (in 5 reviews)

• They say they will provide technical support, but don't believe it (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great starting point, with some rocky bits

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Unbounded Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company provides a great way to start a career in the IT industry, an industry where entry-level jobs are being outsourced left and right leaving little chance for the rest of us.
    Training is provided when you sign on, and you get free housing, a free vehicle (you have to pay for gas), and pay (minimum wage) during the 8 week process.
    Technical support IS provided to help you with interviews and while on-project if you need assistance with a task. (Treat support well, as they are all great people.)
    There is also support with regard to travel logistics, living quarters, a two-week complementary stay at a hotel, and general advice-giving.

Cons

There is a two year agreement with a stiff repayment penalty if you jump ship early.
    Many of the employee perks are internal-only.
    You will be pushed hard during training, to the point you feel you're expected to really have 5+ years of experience from some of the higher-ups.
    Making a mistake with interviews and soft-skills training may get you verbal and/or written warnings even if you're new to the job.
    You are only given bench pay until you get your first contract, and are expected to live on savings between contracts.
    There are some practices done by the company that can be considered immoral to some.

The technical portion of training should last longer, which will benefit all your new hires greatly.
    Cost of living adjustments should be made when a consultant takes a project in an expensive city so they don't have to find someone's bedroom to rent and live on a small portion of their salary.
    Consider allowing even a baseline, minimum wage salary for on-bench consultants so they can still pay bills and not have to hope and pray they secure the next project before their savings run out.
    Be a little more lenient with new hires when they make mistakes during interviews and soft-skills training, as scare tactics aren't great motivators for many.

Good opportunity if you take advantage

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to break into a different field

Cons

Must be able to lie about a resume that isn't actually yours

Unethical and Fraudulent Business Practices !!!

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Provides contracting opportunities for novice contractors. Offers training to upgrade potential contractors' technical expertise. However, training comes with a price: you must work at a low wage for a couple of years.

Cons

Unbounded Solutions uses the following unethical/fraudulent practices to gain contracting jobs:
    - Uses professional interviewers who pretend to be the contractors that will show up to work.
    - Uses different interviewers to represent different ethnicity
    - Uses fake resumes
    - Uses burner phones to respond to reference checks from potential employers
    - Acts out the interviews for the contractors who are not aware of the fake interviewing practices. USI employees actually act out the actual recorded interview script
    - Uses staff to do the actual work for the contractors
    - Pays the contractors about $25/hour, but charges the employers over $100/hour.

You have a good idea here and fulfills a need for employers, but you need to stop these fraudulent practices. It is shameful.

Great company... lousy management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay and perks like travel every year

Cons

Management sucks... there are more chiefs than indians

Stop worrying about hiring cute girls and hire the right people for the job

I was the receptionist and administrative assistant and ordered catered lunches for directors meetings.

Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Unbounded Solutions as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed my coworkers and the responsibilities I had day to day. Everyday was different, so it was never boring.

Cons

Learning some new technology that was very challenging and that I knew it was as a 1099 employee

Wasted Time

I worked at Unbounded Solutions

Pros

It helps me understand losing.

Cons

The mystery is absolutely they are unethical.

You're risking understanding.

Helps get you experience but not a career

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training was great. They taught you what you needed to know for your position. Depending on your group and trainer the level of competency varies drastically. Pay was great especially coming out of college but that's only when you get on a project. Can help you jump start a career in development, especially for mobile but seek better opportunities as soon as you feel comfortable.

Cons

You're given resumes based on what they think your level is and coached to talk about your resumes. They get a lot of "clients" from job websites and often have multiple vendors in the middle which creates confusion with your client. Was on project where the original posting was a contract to hire position but was not communicated to me. Was later approached by the client and had my manager and the legal team calling me every week to make sure I "knew" the terms of my contract with them. Also, had a guy from our firm come in over his head because the placement team sold him as a senior dev and he had just finished training.

The stellar reviews are mainly from recruiters who don't have to go on client site. They say they take great care of their employees but management only takes internal employees to these "vacations" they promote so heavily and the consultants get shafted. I had several managers leave for other firms in the year I was working as a consultant. Internal employee turn over seems to be just as high as consultant turn over. The CEO or COO never made it a priority to meet the consultants, who actually make them money, despite what other reviews have said.

Be realistic about the type of consulting firm you run. A two year contract is awful but a one year probably would be more realistic and reasonable.

Dont trust reviews posted here

I worked at Unbounded Solutions full-time

Pros

Can't think of any positive things to say. Not a great company. They give you fake resumes with fake jobs and experience in order to land projects.

Cons

To many to mention. High turnover. You get on projects based on false resumes and job experience so customers have very high standards for your work. Others will pretend to be you and interview to get projects. You have to lie to customers. If you try to quit they'll threaten you to pay back $10000.
    Look at the reviews here. Some are 5 star and some are 1 star saying the company is a bunch of liars. What does that make you think of the 5 star reviews?

Stop with the lies. If you have to lie to be successful you are probably in the wrong business.

So far so good at USI

I have been working at Unbounded Solutions full-time

Pros

My time at USI so far has been fantastic. I have been rewarded in multiple different ways for the hard work i do. USI is a company that recognizes you for the effort you put in, no matter where your position is within the company.

Cons

Be ready to be dedicated to your job, the hours can be demanding, however, it's all what you make of it.

Keep rewarding and encouraging employees to work hard

How could you not love this company?

Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Unbounded Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unbounded Solutions is one of the best companies that I ever worked for. How many CEOs and COOs of a company takes the time to know you personally? These guys are the best, and treat their employees with the utmost respect! You have to understand this is a business that has been around for years, despite the negativity they're still standing strong. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

Cons

There are no cons for me, however it's unfortunate when an "ex employee" doesn't get their way, they lash out by making frivolous accusations about the company.

Keep doing what you been doing!

Unbounded Solutions Photos