Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Updated January 12, 2015
Updated January 12, 2015
2.7

CEO

Fun place to work. Too much drama

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Uncle Julio's Hacienda part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Managers are cool. But Majority rules

Cons

stressful enviorment to many double shiftse

More training for new hires

Current Employee - Waiter in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Waiter in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Uncle Julio's Hacienda part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours.
    Fun
     entry level
    Peace
    Chicken grass
    YouTube cellphone

Cons

Stressful and very hard to take time. Very fast paced and also aiHstle is good stuff yeah yeah

Car e

Great in the beginning...then it went downhill

Current Employee - Server in Sandy Springs, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Sandy Springs, GA

I have been working at Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Pros

It was great in the beginning, made decent money, then it just went downhill from there once GM changed. It was great while it lasted along with a nice informative training program and trainers.

Cons

There is no type of personal growth for employees. Not flexible & could never get shifts covered or picked up. It's ashamed when you have to pay someone $20-$30 to pick up your shift that you will be missing money out on due to an emergency or even if you want to go on vacation... schedules are permanent. The atmosphere was constantly stressful, everyone was always an emotional roller coast. Management (not all) has a lack of consistency and lack of structure/professionalism. Do not treat the employees as individuals, more like dogs. Lots of favoritism. All coworkers complain about working there but they seem to stay and it makes the atmosphere foggy due to various attitudes and complaining. Tip pool is ridiculous/absurd. We had to bus our own tables when there are three-four busboys on duty standing around and we still tipped out. A company should have rules and set guidelines, but some of these are absurd. Cannot even keep straws in your apron because it looks "unprofessional." Never heard of that one before. Definitely not upscale as they say.

Never push away your hardest workers. Stay consistent with structure and professionalism.

Get some consistency

Former Employee - Food Server in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Food Server in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Uncle Julio's Hacienda full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Serving here wasn't bad and I could make pretty good money. They also encouraged a team environment, so you learned to multitask very well and to help out other servers. I became a very good server because of my time here. Unfortunately, if you don't buy into the culture they try and foster you'll butt heads with management.

Cons

Inconsistency amongst management was infuriating. Managers are transferred to other restaurants very frequently, so you are constantly dealing with new management styles. A lot of new managers are recruited right out of college so this may be their first experience in a restaurant, and the lack of experience and familiarity with how restaurants operate shows. New managers in training are also given strict guidelines to follow in regards to staff on the floor, so even if the restaurant was completely dead they would keep people on, basically ensuring that no one made any money for that shift.

Learn to respect your employees and have some real expectations.

Best Serving Job EVER!

Current Employee - Waitress in Orland Park, IL
    Current Employee - Waitress in Orland Park, IL

I have been working at Uncle Julio's Hacienda full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I got to open the restaurant which was amazing. They hire from within and promote quickly as long as you do well. IF you want, you can travel to different UJ's all over to open restaurants or for other reasons. You get to taste the food when you get hire (chips and salsa, BEST I've ever had). The management is great, the team ethic is great, fresh tortillas are amazing. The list goes on about this place!

Also, the money is DA BOMB! Schedules are very flexible and they don't care about seniority! It's all about how well you're doing (and of course, I was awesome :))

Cons

There are no cons really. I had MMA after work each day and they always made sure I was out on time. If I didn't finish rolling someone else would help out or they'd let me make it up for the next day. Things are great here.

You all are doing great in Chicago, keep on keepin' on!

server/bartender

I have been working at Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Pros

you make decent money, your co-worker are great.

Cons

Recently bought out with new leadership in corporate positions. Making major cut back on hourly employees and having tipped employees take over more and more responsibilities. Almost never feel set up for success. The new normal is being short staffed so they can save a buck.

Stop penny pinching and provide a good service and product.

Good money, really gotta work for it

I have been working at Uncle Julio's Hacienda

Pros

The food is fresh, good, and expensive.

Cons

The managers are kids. Usually plucked outta some college hospitality program. They think they are better than you even though they are basically babies in the industry. Favoritism, chronic lack of staff, the usual problems in the industry. Oh and nobody will work for you and you can't request off.

Calm down.

Good Starting Place

Former Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Uncle Julio's Hacienda part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Possibility to make good money if you need a job on the side or quick cash

Cons

High turn over rate resulting in managers hassling you to pickup shifts; poor management at the atlanta buckhead location

Choose your management staff wisely or it will result in a lost of good servers and clientele. Prime example: ATLANTA BUCKHEAD

awesome place to work

Former Employee - Server in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Server in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Uncle Julio's Hacienda full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to advance if you like the work, be prepared for some serious hours.

Cons

management has its ups and downs

be more consistent

Fast paced environment that has potential to make good money

Former Employee - Waiter in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Waiter in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Uncle Julio's Hacienda part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The food was fresh and good! they have good cliental coming in. Great coworkers.

Cons

Almost impossible to get shifts covered. The way certain managers treated the staff with a lack of respect & their well-being. Understaffed and some of their rules/ policies were not necessary.

Treat your employees with respect and they will do the same to you, which will also cause them to be happy to come to work. Consider that your employees have a life outside of the restaurant and can not work all the time. Come up with a time-off policy.

Uncle Julio's Hacienda Photos