Under Armour

Be The First To
Add Photos

Under Armour Chairman, President, and CEO Kevin A. Plank

Kevin A. Plank

Pros
  • UA has a Great employee discount for yourself or to purchase as gifts(in 26 reviews)

• Great discount with 50% off all merchandise(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Those results come at the work/life balance expense of the employees(in 8 reviews)

• Upper management (in store) wasn't very strict with lazy employees(in 12 reviews)

Bigots

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Lincoln City, OR

ProsMost of the people working with me were fine. I love the product, I loved selling the product. At first my schedule was easy to work with a second and third job.

ConsThey allowed a Store Manager to disparage me and my lifestyle to my co-workers. She gave me poor performance reviews because I am gay and because I am overweight. She would completely cut my hours five minutes before I came in and then say it was cut days ago. She berated me on the floor in front of customers about something I did that she told me to do because I did it the way she told me to do it. The she refused to allow me, a part time worker, to change my availability due to my partner's job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake complaints more seriously. Talk to more people then just the manager who the complaint is against. Talk to the co-workers and other part time workers.

This company is a mess

ASM (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

Prosdiscount is great but i would still buy other athletic gear full priced because women's collection sucks. Pay isn't too bad compared to other retailers. Team i work with now is great and is what helps get through the day. Jumbo tron is on so we can watch the games

ConsCorporate is EXTREMELY unorganized. CEO's friends have been hired in corporate and dont really seem to know the retail industy very well. Company keeps hiring from A&F corporate... why?! Corporate is great at micro managing and lecturing though emails but you will never see them "practice what they preach.'' They seem to focus on the wrong things and is slowly but surely losing lots of great employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR - get your act together. Maybe hire people who are actually experienced NOT a friend or family friend of the CEO, emails to every single person in corporate need to be cut in half- maybe learn how to communicate with each other. Micro managing is not working and stop hiring third parties who arent even employed by UA or have no retail experience to "train" staff and bark orders.

Good with some flaws

Team Lead (Current Employee) Curtis Bay, MD

ProsBenefits are good discount at the stores is one of the best I've ever seen yearly raises opportunity to grow in the company

ConsLong hours upper management seems to not really care about employees only about getting numbers hard to come back day after day when you don't feel like you should come in at all

Advice to Senior ManagementMake coming to work more enjoyable have things run smoother and give employees more options to get employed at corporate even if they don't have degrees because sometimes people don't need school to be at a great job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun at first but no room for advancement

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Locust Grove, GA

Prosgood training, fun environment, great job incentives

Conslack of advancement, low pay, low hours,

Advice to Senior Managementneeds to be more full time positions available

Under Armor Distibution center, Rialto

Distribution Worker (Current Employee) Rialto, CA

ProsGood company and good people to work for. Supervisors show good interest in there employees that work for them. These are good people!

ConsIf you work for a temp outfit like BBSI you don't get any benifets of any kind. In addition to this, you are not given 40 hour weeks. And when you apply for the job your not told about the lose of hours. We are still working for Under Armor and this company thrives from owr hard work the same as if we were Under Armor employees. Should we be given a little more?

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your BBSI workers like you treat your own (Under Armor workers). Keep in mind that BBSI workers are importtant too. Yet we get no bennifits and our hours are cut without notice. We are people too and deserve to be treated with respect for the work we do for you. If you could just give us a little more we will return it to you. please help us to be better workers and build a great team! Thats whtat we would like to do!

Young and Immature processes, systems and people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat brand discounts and very relaxed work environment.

Consculture, leadership, engagement, HR, systems

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this time

GREAT COMPANY with GREAT BENEFITS!

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsGreat discount with 50% off all merchandise. All Management staff except store manager were great to work with. Employes are tons of fun and energetic.

ConsSpotty schedule, as an associate manager the schedule change so much its hard to have a personal life. Store manager wanted everything herself. Everything is about her and how large bonus can get. Not too much care about our ideas or anything we were excited to share. Store manager had more that 60 people and counting quit in less than one year period because none of them liked her attitude and outlook. No opportunities for growth in move up in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to get to know people in the retail business. We as managers always want to help people on their way but the upper management did not care one bit on personal growth or personal life.

Good company to work for, but they haven't quite figured out the logistics aspects yet

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Kittery, ME

ProsGreat employee discount, great team work environment, great employee stock purchase program after probationary period. The company has great sales associates and store managers but lacks in the regional and upper management area. The company does have very strong values towards their customers and producing quality products.

ConsLogistics of transport and sales promotions seem to have zero reasoning behind what happens. Zero effective changes are put in place, when the associates and store managers highlight something thats wrong.

Smart and Aggressive Wins the Day

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsIf you are self-motivated and are focused on the success of your team and the brand you can really do whatever you want. UA does a good job recognizing those that bring real value to the organization as opposed to those that just want to show up and collect a paycheck. UA doesn't accept excuses - if you are results driven this place will be your dream.

ConsUA is moving so fast and in so many directions it can be disconcerting if you are easily distracted. The culture here is somewhat unforgiving - your personal and professional credibility are highly emphasized, and if you take enough hits you will not recover.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmphasize 3YP down the chain, not just at the senior executive level. Many decisions are made and then discarded a year later because we didn't really want to stop and consider the consequences. Slow down to speed up!

great place to work

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Destin, FL

Prosawesome discount on all products

Consneed better associates that are driven like myself

Advice to Senior Managementwhen you create a challenge with a promised reward. you should hold up on your end of the bargain.

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!