Under Armour

Be The First To
Add Photos

Under Armour Chairman, President, and CEO Kevin A. Plank

Kevin A. Plank

Pros:
  • "UA has a Great employee discount for yourself or to purchase as gifts"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Great discount with 50% off all merchandise"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Those results come at the work/life balance expense of the employees"
    in 7 reviews
  • "lack of leadership from upper management"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great experience

Prosinspiring culture, teamwork is emphasized, great environment, innovative

Consstill pretty unorganized, has a start-up feel

Advice to Senior Managementimprove organization

GREAT COMPANY with GREAT BENEFITS!

Associate Manager (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

ProsGreat discount with 50% off all merchandise. All Management staff except store manager were great to work with. Employes are tons of fun and energetic.

ConsSpotty schedule, as an associate manager the schedule change so much its hard to have a personal life. Store manager wanted everything herself. Everything is about her and how large bonus can get. Not too much care about our ideas or anything we were excited to share. Store manager had more that 60 people and counting quit in less than one year period because none of them liked her attitude and outlook. No opportunities for growth in move up in management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to get to know people in the retail business. We as managers always want to help people on their way but the upper management did not care one bit on personal growth or personal life.

Good company to work for, but they haven't quite figured out the logistics aspects yet

Kittery, ME

ProsGreat employee discount, great team work environment, great employee stock purchase program after probationary period. The company has great sales associates and store managers but lacks in the regional and upper management area. The company does have very strong values towards their customers and producing quality products.

ConsLogistics of transport and sales promotions seem to have zero reasoning behind what happens. Zero effective changes are put in place, when the associates and store managers highlight something thats wrong.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smart and Aggressive Wins the Day

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsIf you are self-motivated and are focused on the success of your team and the brand you can really do whatever you want. UA does a good job recognizing those that bring real value to the organization as opposed to those that just want to show up and collect a paycheck. UA doesn't accept excuses - if you are results driven this place will be your dream.

ConsUA is moving so fast and in so many directions it can be disconcerting if you are easily distracted. The culture here is somewhat unforgiving - your personal and professional credibility are highly emphasized, and if you take enough hits you will not recover.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmphasize 3YP down the chain, not just at the senior executive level. Many decisions are made and then discarded a year later because we didn't really want to stop and consider the consequences. Slow down to speed up!

great place to work

Sales Specialist (Former Employee)
    Destin, FL

Prosawesome discount on all products

Consneed better associates that are driven like myself

Advice to Senior Managementwhen you create a challenge with a promised reward. you should hold up on your end of the bargain.

Bigots

Lincoln City, OR

ProsMost of the people working with me were fine. I love the product, I loved selling the product. At first my schedule was easy to work with a second and third job.

ConsThey allowed a Store Manager to disparage me and my lifestyle to my co-workers. She gave me poor performance reviews because I am gay and because I am overweight. She would completely cut my hours five minutes before I came in and then say it was cut days ago. She berated me on the floor in front of customers about something I did that she told me to do because I did it the way she told me to do it. The she refused to allow me, a part time worker, to change my availability due to my partner's job.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake complaints more seriously. Talk to more people then just the manager who the complaint is against. Talk to the co-workers and other part time workers.

Young and Immature processes, systems and people

Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat brand discounts and very relaxed work environment.

Consculture, leadership, engagement, HR, systems

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this time

Great place to work, no growth potential.

Sales Associate/Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee)
    Kittery, ME

ProsIt is a great team atmosphere. Team members are always willing to step in and help one another.

ConsHigher management thinks they are above the law. After being there a while they do not give you the opportunity to grow or advance to a higher position.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore growth opportunities.

Fun but boring in off season.

Rehoboth Beach, DE

ProsGood atmosphere, good staff. Busy during summer months due to tourism. Excellent discount even on already marked down products. Good management and team moral. Great products for outdoors and training.

ConsVery slow during off season. Low pay and standing all shift on hard floors. Sometimes there wasn't much to do besides look busy.

I will PROTECT this house

Associate Manager (Current Employee)
    Santa Fe, NM

ProsBest athletic gear ever
    A ton of room for upward movement

ConsI haven't found any cons

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow you team

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Under Armour reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Under Armour CEO Kevin A. Plank. All 158 reviews posted anonymously by Under Armour employees.