Under Armour

Be The First To
Add Photos

Under Armour Chairman, President, and CEO Kevin A. Plank

Kevin A. Plank

Pros
  • UA has a Great employee discount for yourself or to purchase as gifts(in 26 reviews)

• Great discount with 50% off all merchandise(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Those results come at the work/life balance expense of the employees(in 8 reviews)

• Upper management (in store) wasn't very strict with lazy employees(in 12 reviews)

Friendly Atmosphere

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Swan Creek, MD

ProsThe discount in the store is great! The team members are friendly and know how to have fun while they still do their job.

ConsAdvancement into corporate is almost impossible. I work with the company and still can not get an interview

Advice to Senior ManagementSales associates are the people that work hand in hand with your consumers, you could benefit from the knowledge and suggestions they may have.

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Prosdiscount is amazing, great culture, great environment, great people

Conslack of leadership from upper management.

Advice to Senior Managementstay on top of things,

Worked as a Sales Associate in a retail store

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Annapolis, MD

Prosemployee discount, work clothes, team oriented, holiday work, friendly atmosphere, sales skills, ability to pick up shifts

Conslong shifts, limited growth potential, pay is what is expected of a retail job, hours not always ideal, many employees with same job title

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

Prossporty clothing wear, enjoyable people to work with

ConsNever really let you off for requested days.

Love the brand but boy does it need a lot of work

Selling Specialist (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThe people you work with are amazing. So fun and without them I wouldn't get through the day.

ConsHorrible HR. We didn't get paid for 2 months at one point because of a mess up with paperwork for the whole store; completely unorganized- they never know what is going on and if you ever ask them a question they can't answer it; they can't keep up with shipments so we get new clothes in the store every two weeks and get rid of the stuff we have every week so it's impossible to stay current with what is on the sales floor without dropping $200 every week; they randomly cut hours-i was working 38 for 2 months then they dropped me to 10; they treat you like dogs; horrible management-they are inexperienced and some of them are just down right mean. I've been called fat, and other nasty words ALL by assistant managers. They NEVER email back. They always schedule you outside of your availability and they don't post the schedule until the day before you're supposed to work so you can't plan anything in your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more organized and be aware of what is going on between employees and employers. Treat the employees with a little more respect and stop blaming everything that goes wrong on corporate.

Highly unorganized

ProsThey pay well and the company is continuously turning in great financial results

ConsThose results come at the work/life balance expense of the employees. The structure of the organization is not set up to function as one, rather each element operates independently even though they rely on each other consistently for information. The different business units do not understand each other and this leads to time consuming tasks.

INCREDIBLE, unimaginable.

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsPassionate people. Upbeat atmosphere. Fun events. Great discount. The internship program was complete with a lot of activities for interns to bond.

ConsI think people might burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some sort of training program

Good learning experience for entry level job

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

Prosthis is a Good company with great discounts. very nice products

Conslow wages and this store doesn't receive new products upon release

Sales Associate

ProsGreat place to work. Love all of their products.

ConsDepending on the time of year, your hours may vary due to lack of customers in retail.

It was a good experience.

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Burbank, OH

ProsFriendly team, with close knit relationship. Great benefits. Great discount for items in store and online. Open opportunities for growth in a growing business.

ConsTedious tasks, such as cleaning the store. Irregular hours, you could work 2-11 one day then 6-3 the next. Upper management (in store) wasn't very strict with lazy employees.

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!