Under Armour

Updated August 6, 2014

3.4

Under Armour Chairman, President, and CEO Kevin A. Plank
Kevin A. Plank

Pros
  • UA has a Great employee discount for yourself or to purchase as gifts (in 26 reviews)

• Great discount with 50% off all merchandise (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Those results come at the work/life balance expense of the employees (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management (in store) wasn't very strict with lazy employees (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Good with some flaws

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Curtis Bay, MD
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Curtis Bay, MD

Pros

Benefits are good discount at the stores is one of the best I've ever seen yearly raises opportunity to grow in the company

Cons

Long hours upper management seems to not really care about employees only about getting numbers hard to come back day after day when you don't feel like you should come in at all

Make coming to work more enjoyable have things run smoother and give employees more options to get employed at corporate even if they don't have degrees because sometimes people don't need school to be at a great job

Fun at first but no room for advancement

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Locust Grove, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Locust Grove, GA

Pros

good training, fun environment, great job incentives

Cons

lack of advancement, low pay, low hours,

needs to be more full time positions available

Great experience

Pros

inspiring culture, teamwork is emphasized, great environment, innovative

Cons

still pretty unorganized, has a start-up feel

improve organization

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy working in Under Armour, I am selling there, helping people with the merchandise,working at the registers.

Current Employee - Seller  in  Destin, FL
    Current Employee - Seller in Destin, FL

Pros

there is no better company than Under Armour where I use to work before, good team, funny, young, happy and full of energy every day

Cons

there is always compensation for good work, starting from a good word and finish with some presents like gift cards

just keep going and do the best

Exciting company with lack luster leadership.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

New company compared to retail industry standards with numerous career opportunities. Great employee discount on merchandise. Considerable networking opportunities in the athletic industry.

Cons

No Work/Life Balance. Lack of Compensation. Senior Management in my department did not reply effective and efficient processes nor clear communication. Lack of growth and development opportunities from leadership.

Consider investing in employees growth, better compensation, and work/life balance.

GREAT COMPANY with GREAT BENEFITS!

Current Employee - Associate Manager  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Great discount with 50% off all merchandise. All Management staff except store manager were great to work with. Employes are tons of fun and energetic.

Cons

Spotty schedule, as an associate manager the schedule change so much its hard to have a personal life. Store manager wanted everything herself. Everything is about her and how large bonus can get. Not too much care about our ideas or anything we were excited to share. Store manager had more that 60 people and counting quit in less than one year period because none of them liked her attitude and outlook. No opportunities for growth in move up in management.

Take the time to get to know people in the retail business. We as managers always want to help people on their way but the upper management did not care one bit on personal growth or personal life.

Good company to work for, but they haven't quite figured out the logistics aspects yet

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Kittery, ME
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Kittery, ME

Pros

Great employee discount, great team work environment, great employee stock purchase program after probationary period. The company has great sales associates and store managers but lacks in the regional and upper management area. The company does have very strong values towards their customers and producing quality products.

Cons

Logistics of transport and sales promotions seem to have zero reasoning behind what happens. Zero effective changes are put in place, when the associates and store managers highlight something thats wrong.

Bigots

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Lincoln City, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lincoln City, OR

Pros

Most of the people working with me were fine. I love the product, I loved selling the product. At first my schedule was easy to work with a second and third job.

Cons

They allowed a Store Manager to disparage me and my lifestyle to my co-workers. She gave me poor performance reviews because I am gay and because I am overweight. She would completely cut my hours five minutes before I came in and then say it was cut days ago. She berated me on the floor in front of customers about something I did that she told me to do because I did it the way she told me to do it. The she refused to allow me, a part time worker, to change my availability due to my partner's job.

Take complaints more seriously. Talk to more people then just the manager who the complaint is against. Talk to the co-workers and other part time workers.

This company is a mess

Former Employee - ASM  in  Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - ASM in Rockville, MD

Pros

discount is great but i would still buy other athletic gear full priced because women's collection sucks. Pay isn't too bad compared to other retailers. Team i work with now is great and is what helps get through the day. Jumbo tron is on so we can watch the games

Cons

Corporate is EXTREMELY unorganized. CEO's friends have been hired in corporate and dont really seem to know the retail industy very well. Company keeps hiring from A&F corporate... why?! Corporate is great at micro managing and lecturing though emails but you will never see them "practice what they preach.'' They seem to focus on the wrong things and is slowly but surely losing lots of great employees.

HR - get your act together. Maybe hire people who are actually experienced NOT a friend or family friend of the CEO, emails to every single person in corporate need to be cut in half- maybe learn how to communicate with each other. Micro managing is not working and stop hiring third parties who arent even employed by UA or have no retail experience to "train" staff and bark orders.

Under Armor Distibution center, Rialto

Current Employee - Distribution Worker  in  Rialto, CA
    Current Employee - Distribution Worker in Rialto, CA

Pros

Good company and good people to work for. Supervisors show good interest in there employees that work for them. These are good people!

Cons

If you work for a temp outfit like BBSI you don't get any benifets of any kind. In addition to this, you are not given 40 hour weeks. And when you apply for the job your not told about the lose of hours. We are still working for Under Armor and this company thrives from owr hard work the same as if we were Under Armor employees. Should we be given a little more?

Treat your BBSI workers like you treat your own (Under Armor workers). Keep in mind that BBSI workers are importtant too. Yet we get no bennifits and our hours are cut without notice. We are people too and deserve to be treated with respect for the work we do for you. If you could just give us a little more we will return it to you. please help us to be better workers and build a great team! Thats whtat we would like to do!

Worked for Under Armour? Contribute to the Community!