Ungerboeck Systems International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ungerboeck Systems International CEO Krister Ungerboeck

Krister Ungerboeck

A peaceful and happy work life for a content person.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsStrong Work Ethic, Low Pressure, Wonderful Managers

ConsLow Pay. Minimal client exposure to staff. Almost zero training on future/current technologies

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything you learn in USI is "inhouse" knowledge and very difficult to market it outside. training programs of some sort might help

Working at Ungerboeck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsIt is a family business that is growing rapidly. All Managment members are very willing to assist and help you get further in your career. Most everyone is friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done in a friendly atmosphere.

ConsThe pay is not up to standards with the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview industry standards and increase pay to meet the standards so we don't loose more great people.

Pretty Good Company

Consultant (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsNo layoffs in company history, even when business was very bad (following 9-11, 2008).

Good growth prospects, sound management, low attrition.

People are usually friendly and eager to help and share knowledge. Lots of smart but down-to-earth people work there.

Small size of the company brings the opportunity to interact with other functional areas.

ConsSalaries are not very competitive, and I don't think the long-term upside for most employees is very good.

If you prefer the big city over suburbia, the O'Fallon location will disappoint.

Software is going from Windows-based to web-based; this transition consumes resources that could otherwise be directed to improving software features. This should be all but complete within the next year or so, but the transition is not without pain.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a profit-sharing scheme, limited work-from-home option.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot with good people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsA stable company in a fun market segment. Can learn a lot, as many play multiple hats on projects, leading to more experience. Positive culture, as family feeling does persist, at least in the beginning.

ConsWith stability of being family owned company also brings monarchy feel to it. The pay is not market rate for experience and education. Location is a bit outside St. Louis proper.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould do some type of profit sharing. Also, invest in your employees education. Should be able to work from home at least once a week, especially with the location being what it is.

Best Job I've Ever Had!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) O'Fallon, MO

ProsGreat people, just simply the best in the business. Nice, casual enironment. Fun-loving and hard-working at the same time. There's a real sense of community here. Relentlessly improving ourselves and our product.

ConsWe need more employees! We don't have enough staff to meet with the demands of our customers. This is a great problem to have, and one we're working on correcting with a massive hiring spree in the next few years.

Worked for Ungerboeck Systems International? Contribute to the Community!