Ungerboeck Systems International Reviews

Reset
4.1
Ungerboeck Systems International CEO Krister Ungerboeck
Krister Ungerboeck

1. Proud to work at Ungerboeck!

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time

Pros

I love my co-workers - seriously feels like my second home! Management takes a lot of pride in the company. They do a lot to try to make sure that people are happy and successful. They also do a good job improving on areas that need it to ensure future success for the company. I really love all the fun "extras" - Fun Day, a fridge full of free soda, Party in the Parking Lot, all the food days and free lunches, release week, nice walking trails, work from home/flex-time, free personal training & onsite gym, etc. I just feel really lucky to work here as I know a lot of other companies don't care about their people this much.

Cons

We need a bigger parking lot as we are outgrowing ours. And we are probably ready for a 3rd building soon.

High hopes, left disappointed after 5+ years

Former Employee - Senior Development in O'Fallon, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Development in O'Fallon, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comfortable office, steady job positions.

Cons

Below average yearly raises (even with some glowing yearly reviews from my boss), below average salary (after talking to several other employees this is a widespread problem), upper management watches the parking lot from the upper windows and has complained if your late to work, high -anxiety dev managers, management favors tenure over new and experienced talent which has led to a mediocre staff of people who just come in and do their job like a routine (its a very boring atmosphere with the exception of occasional events they have). There about about 60 guys all working on the same small floor, crammed into every little space they can fit employees, there is one bathroom and small kitchen on that floor so every day going into a shared space or (god forbid) using the miens room, is a nightmare. I would recommend this as a learning experience job for 2 years but to anyone looking to build a career and buy a house and raise a family stay away. It will put you on a slow track to mediocrity, and good luck trying to get anyone you know to pronounce or remember "Ungerboeck"

3. Great Company

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time

Pros

Great company to work for with a promising vision. Good product offering and fun work environment.

Cons

Salaries could be a bit higher for the industry.

5. A peaceful and happy work life for a content person.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong Work Ethic, Low Pressure, Wonderful Managers

Cons

Low Pay. Minimal client exposure to staff. Almost zero training on future/current technologies

Advice to Management

Everything you learn in USI is "inhouse" knowledge and very difficult to market it outside. training programs of some sort might help

Working at Ungerboeck

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time

Pros

It is a family business that is growing rapidly. All Managment members are very willing to assist and help you get further in your career. Most everyone is friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done in a friendly atmosphere.

Cons

The pay is not up to standards with the industry.

Advice to Management

Review industry standards and increase pay to meet the standards so we don't loose more great people.

Pretty Good Company

Current Employee - Consultant in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No layoffs in company history, even when business was very bad (following 9-11, 2008). Good growth prospects, sound management, low attrition. People are usually friendly and eager to help and share knowledge. Lots of smart but down-to-earth people work there. Small size of the company brings the opportunity to interact with other functional areas.

Cons

Salaries are not very competitive, and I don't think the long-term upside for most employees is very good. If you prefer the big city over suburbia, the O'Fallon location will disappoint. Software is going from Windows-based to web-based; this transition consumes resources that could otherwise be directed to improving software features. This should be all but complete within the next year or so, but the transition is not without pain.

Advice to Management

Create a profit-sharing scheme, limited work-from-home option.

Learned a lot with good people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A stable company in a fun market segment. Can learn a lot, as many play multiple hats on projects, leading to more experience. Positive culture, as family feeling does persist, at least in the beginning.

Cons

With stability of being family owned company also brings monarchy feel to it. The pay is not market rate for experience and education. Location is a bit outside St. Louis proper.

Advice to Management

Should do some type of profit sharing. Also, invest in your employees education. Should be able to work from home at least once a week, especially with the location being what it is.

Best Job I've Ever Had!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, just simply the best in the business. Nice, casual enironment. Fun-loving and hard-working at the same time. There's a real sense of community here. Relentlessly improving ourselves and our product.

Cons

We need more employees! We don't have enough staff to meet with the demands of our customers. This is a great problem to have, and one we're working on correcting with a massive hiring spree in the next few years.

RSS Feed </> Embed