Ungerboeck Systems International

Ungerboeck Systems International Reviews

4.2

Ungerboeck Systems International CEO Krister Ungerboeck
Krister Ungerboeck

A peaceful and happy work life for a content person.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong Work Ethic, Low Pressure, Wonderful Managers

Cons

Low Pay. Minimal client exposure to staff. Almost zero training on future/current technologies

Everything you learn in USI is "inhouse" knowledge and very difficult to market it outside. training programs of some sort might help

Working at Ungerboeck

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time

Pros

It is a family business that is growing rapidly. All Managment members are very willing to assist and help you get further in your career. Most everyone is friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done in a friendly atmosphere.

Cons

The pay is not up to standards with the industry.

Review industry standards and increase pay to meet the standards so we don't loose more great people.

Pretty Good Company

Current Employee - Consultant  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Consultant in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time for more than a year

Pros

No layoffs in company history, even when business was very bad (following 9-11, 2008).

Good growth prospects, sound management, low attrition.

People are usually friendly and eager to help and share knowledge. Lots of smart but down-to-earth people work there.

Small size of the company brings the opportunity to interact with other functional areas.

Cons

Salaries are not very competitive, and I don't think the long-term upside for most employees is very good.

If you prefer the big city over suburbia, the O'Fallon location will disappoint.

Software is going from Windows-based to web-based; this transition consumes resources that could otherwise be directed to improving software features. This should be all but complete within the next year or so, but the transition is not without pain.

Create a profit-sharing scheme, limited work-from-home option.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot with good people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A stable company in a fun market segment. Can learn a lot, as many play multiple hats on projects, leading to more experience. Positive culture, as family feeling does persist, at least in the beginning.

Cons

With stability of being family owned company also brings monarchy feel to it. The pay is not market rate for experience and education. Location is a bit outside St. Louis proper.

Should do some type of profit sharing. Also, invest in your employees education. Should be able to work from home at least once a week, especially with the location being what it is.

Best Job I've Ever Had!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Ungerboeck Systems International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, just simply the best in the business. Nice, casual enironment. Fun-loving and hard-working at the same time. There's a real sense of community here. Relentlessly improving ourselves and our product.

Cons

We need more employees! We don't have enough staff to meet with the demands of our customers. This is a great problem to have, and one we're working on correcting with a massive hiring spree in the next few years.

Worked for Ungerboeck Systems International? Contribute to the Community!