Uni-Select Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.0
Henry Buckley

Pros
  • The good people that I have made friends with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • part time help no more than 25 hours a week (in 3 reviews)

• Communication from upper management down to employees was mediocre (in 3 reviews)

1. manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, OH

Pros

none I'm aware of except paycheck has not bounced

Cons

owned by Canadians, language barrier as well as common sense barrier

Advice to Management

update your resume

2. Worst company to work for!

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Uni-Select full-time

Pros

There are No pros working for this horribly runned company! Oh yes there may be one, now that Icahn Enterprises has bought them out. Hopefully Carl Icahn will clean house and find people that know how to run an Auto Parts business.

Cons

Upper management has no idea what customers needs are to make company profitable. Divisional Managers will lie to you on what you can do, and then get you fired for doing it. All DM's are running scared. Here's a company that can take a successful store that did 3.5 million a year and are now slowly destroying it.

Advice to Management

New owner's need to get rid of all Divisional Managers and useless upper management and let the Store Managers do what they do everyday to be profitable and successful. Stop The Micro Managing!

3. Tampa warehouse

Current Employee - Warehouse Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Uni-Select (More than 10 years)

Pros

Someone wishes they could make it work. They're wrong.

Cons

Worst management group I've ever encountered. No vision or respect for employees and disregard for values management claims to espouse. Anti-American attitude.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. You've lost all loyalties you need to succeed here.

5. Wharehouse worker

Current Employee - Wharehouse Worker in Tonawanda, NY
    Current Employee - Wharehouse Worker in Tonawanda, NY

Pros

very little if anything can't think of to much

Cons

They don't care about there employees poor benefits poor pay poor hours

Advice to Management

stop lying and making false promises

6. Leaving for greener pastures...

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Uni-Select full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I'm not the only one leaving, so I know it's not just me

Cons

The sales leadership one level above local sales managers is clueless and are the reason everyone is leaving. Two guys worked for our competitor, got run out of town and are now trying to ruin our company

Advice to Management

Start firing people, with a heavy hand

7. This ship is going down...

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Uni-Select full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I literally can't think of one

Cons

Management is clueless, specifically the 2 guys who were brought over from the competition to the run the show. They are out of touch and don't have a firm grip on reality and its costing sales people business. Eventually this company will just fire everyone at the top and replace them with competent individuals or sell the business off in pieces. Until that day, run, don't walk away from this company.

Advice to Management

If someone has a title of VP, fire them. Or continue losing valuable people.

Might be the worst company in America

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Uni-Select full-time

Pros

Well, everyone is leaving -- so, if you do work there, you'll have the entire place to yourself.

Cons

When you search the worlds most deplorable employers, I am shocked that this company isn't listed. For starters, senior leaderships is deplorable and the two guys really running the show are incompetents. Literal incompetent -- but they think they are the most amazing people in the world, so if you enjoy being questioned on a daily basis by someone who has "never been wrong a day in their life" -- this is the place for you. Once long ago, this was a family owned company and from what I've been told it was a wonderful place to work for. Today -- employees hate working here, the sales team is demoralized, the store managers hate the management and it shows. No one wants to come to work in the morning, vacant jobs can't get filled because word on the street has gotten out as to how poor it is. You've been warned -- this is a buyer beware situation. Work here only as a last resort.

Advice to Management

As a manager of staff, I am concerned about my team and how they are doing on a day-to-day basis, both personally and professionally. You should be concerned more about this and less about your bonus and answering to stock holders.

This company has no loyalty to their employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Uni-Select (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good hours and great customers.

Cons

You work your butt off because your always short handed. The managers don't appreciate anything you do. The salesman and the Manager do nothing then corporate blames the asst. Manager and everyone else for not getting new accounts. Then they lay you off after being the 14 years knowing your a single parent of 2. They make you work all day then lay you off at 5 on Friday at the end of the month. And if your a woman in this company you will get paid much less than a man will.

Advice to Management

When you have someone who worked their butt off for your company and stuck through everything when everyone was leaving and they stayed and did the manager's job for months at a time without being paid for it. You let go of the wrong person.

Micro Management and Arrogant Attitudes

Current Employee - Sales in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Uni-Select full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The good people that I have made friends with.

Cons

New COO is a hatchet man. Cut 450 jobs and the stock went up, what a hero. Management grills sales people with weekly conference calls where everyone gets called on the carpet. Reports and more reports. Cut wages, insurance, car plan, etc. And why do I still work here? Moral is worse than a POW camp. Employees at all levels hate this company and are bailing out of this sinking ship. Cut, cut, cut and more cuts. This company will work you to death, pay you little, steal your confidence and then kick you to the curb. Heartless and ruthless.

Advice to Management

Canadians - We know you hate the U.S. Operation so sell it already. If you can. This company was a nice one to work for when the family owned it and you have run it aground. You must change the brutal culture here and treat people like human beings. If not, this ship will sink in short order.

Worst Job i've ever had

I have been working at Uni-Select full-time

Pros

From the worker's level, we came together to do the job... kinda like how some slaves were cool with each other having to deal with the head master...

Cons

Worst place I have ever worked ever... Didnt get anything for pay, yet you were on MANDATORY OVERTIME on saturdays and some sundays. management is clueless and treats workers horribly. horrible training, horrible attitudes, disfunctional and not worth stress. work keeps increasing but the help is not coming. were worked down to the bone and instead of acknowledgement, were told that tomorrow is going to be harder... much harder.. everyday. Dont go here. trust me..

Advice to Management

kill yourselves.

RSS Feed </> Embed