UniFirst Reviews

Updated September 20, 2014
3.2

UniFirst Chairman, President, and CEO Ronald D. Croatti
Ronald D. Croatti

Pros
  • Personally I didn't get much from the training program but learned a lot from my two years working here (in 12 reviews)

• Good sales training material and now I'm just trying to fill a 20 word minimum (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • You put in long hours anywhere from 55-60 hours a week and the pay for that amount of time is not good (in 13 reviews)

• average sales rep tenure is less than 2 years meaning you don't have any mentors to help you along (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work/Family atmosphere!!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

AWESOME team atmosphere!!! Working here has made it easier for me to be a working mom. I have steady hours that allows me to drop off, and pick up my kids from school/daycare. I love that I get along with all my co-workers whether office staff, sales, service, or production. Working here has brought me a lot closer to my family because I am not missing out on those little moments that I was with my last job. UniFirst is a family, and working here a short amount of time I have been welcomed in to.

Cons

I guess its all depends on the person, and I haven't ran into anything that I would be consider a CON.

MANAGEMENT should be just that!!!! They should be able to hold their employees accountable. Being friends on social media, and outside of work makes it harder to hold that employee accountable.

Great to company to gain experience

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

UniFirst is a great company to work for. They like to promote from within if at all possible. Wonderful training programs. Great company to get your food in the door for business to business sales.

Cons

You must work long hours during the week and also put in more time on the weekends to truly be successful.

Great sales training to improve your professional career.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provides great sales training. Base pay plus commission, and benefits are good for a person just beginning their professional career

Cons

Success and good culture depend a lot on sales manager. Turnover is very high, and it seems if you do not want to advance to management they want you to leave. Lots of promises made before actual decisions are made.

Do not share information with your representatives unless you know you will follow through with your promise.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall was enjoyable as a rep. the people are what make the company enjoyable to work for.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Warwick, RI

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

The right management and the job is pretty good. If your selling you are left alone. Hit a bad streak and the sirens are going off left and right.

Cons

No pay increases as a rep. 2 years with the same salary is BS. When asked about raise, was told to sell more..

Take care of your people that are making you look good. Uniform industry is very cut-throat and the few that make it need to be rewarded for it.

A poor career choice.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees do really support each other is just about everyway you can imagine. On a local level one could not ask for better support. The fridge benefits are wonderful, too.

Cons

I my 25 years in sales UniFirst does not have a marketing advantage in their Industry. Regional level Management needs better support from Corporate Senior Management. Sales experiences a 60% turnover. Marketing support will not provide the technology that streamlines order entry or CMR accuracy.
    National Accounts has little success in establishing National Accounts.

Travel with local sales reps to get a better understanding of what tools are needed in the field.
    Provide better sales tools especially in the form of new technology and Order Entry.
    Update Sales Training that will provide sound methods to earn new business faster.
    Expand your product offerings to be more competitive.

Great job for a year fix.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Weekly salary plus commssions.Benifits tranining.

Cons

Most customers are in a contract for years and you can not sell untill it runs out.You wont make the salary you think because of this.(commissions)

Getr out of the 80's mind set.

UniFirst: The Right Fit

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Great family like atmosphere with everyone striving for the same goals; competitve results-oriented culture with rewarding bonus compensation tied to strong performance; company values are in the right place; excellent benefit package; extensive Corporate/upper management training and assistance readily available; offers the best products in the industry; very innovative and always searching for ways to improve; stresses promoting from within; if you are internally motivated and work hard producing results, you will be rewarded.

Cons

Long hours and traveling makes work-life balance difficult; service locations are staffed thin often leaving themselves short-handed in case of turnover/sickness; many of the jobs are difficult/frustrating at times; vacation policy could be updated

Continue to innovate, listen to feedback from all Team Partners not just managers, remember how we got here and don't strive away from the Core Values!

Great Place to Work!!

Current Employee - Sales Management
    Current Employee - Sales Management

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Incredible opportunities for the right individual. Work Hard and you will succeed!

Cons

Work life balance and amount of vacation time given in compensation package

A great company to work for.

Current Employee - Plant Manager  in  Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Plant Manager in Stockton, CA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in, if you work hard you do get rewarded for it. Lots of oppertunities within the company if you desire it.

Cons

It's a corporation, people need to rememeber that, If you can not handle it then do not go to work for one.

Keep taking care of ouremployees.

Production

Former Employee - Operator  in  Owensboro, KY
    Former Employee - Operator in Owensboro, KY

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ok job for a high school drop out or an elderly person.

Cons

Low pay, high turn over, a lot of favoritism by supervisors and team leads

Go union!

Worked for UniFirst? Contribute to the Community!