UniFirst Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
3.2

UniFirst Chairman, President, and CEO Ronald D. Croatti
Ronald D. Croatti

Pros
  • Personally I didn't get much from the training program but learned a lot from my two years working here (in 16 reviews)

• There are great training programs in place for each position to help you succeed; it is up to you to take advantage of it (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • You put in long hours anywhere from 55-60 hours a week and the pay for that amount of time is not good (in 19 reviews)

• Every single sales rep hits a wall around 39-52 weeks and have to push through it (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Way to Start your Sales Career

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company has an amazing training program that will help mold the foundation for a great sales career. They allow each individual location to develop their people in their own way. I work in the Pittsburgh location, and the management team is extremely support and motivating. They don't give up on people that they believe in and they continue to work with you in ways to help you reach your goals. There is upward mobility within the company, and your team will work with you to get you where you want to go. The environment at my location is vibrant and fun. Everyone works together to keep the energy positive and high, even when the inevitable bad day comes along. If your looking to jump start your sales career, or even more into a high level sales position, this is where you want to be.

Cons

The job requires a high level of dedication and self motivation, but the hard work pays off.

My 3 years at UniFirst - Senior Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in New Kensington, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in New Kensington, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

UniFirst has Great Sales Training, a Good team atmosphere, Competitive Salary, and a Understanding management staff. It has allowed me to make a comfortable living and establish relationships that will remain with me for years to come. If your looking to break into the sales world with a company that will teach you the ropes and promotes from within, then UniFirst is the place for you!

Cons

You have to work hard to produce, but thats true with any sales job. If you don't have a strong work ethic then maybe sales isn't for you.

Positive people, positive environment, positive work experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My bosses have my back. They spend a lot of time training me to be successful. I truly believe they care about me.

Cons

High expectations on job performance.

Could give more praises on jobs well done, even if not at company goal.

A wonderful environment to work in and be part of.

I have been working at UniFirst

Pros

Family type atmosphere with a support staff second to none.

Cons

Keeping up with competitor information.

Mike and Ron are fantastic supervisors who put the needs of their employees first and foremost.

First job out of college, left for other sales position and came back for the long term.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My office culture as a rep was amazing. We had 2 reps and the former sales manager go to President's Club. I know at least 5 people who have moved up in this company based on their work ethic and sales numbers. Competitive base coupled with competitive bonus structure. Admittedly when I left I didn’t see any long term outlook but that has changed greatly since coming back.

Cons

If you have questionable sales managers/location managers this job can be challenging. Every single sales rep hits a wall around 39-52 weeks and have to push through it. Many reps leave because they feel underappreciated.

Great upward mobility

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you show initiative the sky is the limit. It's a job people the good ol days of being in Sales and not having to work are over. Stick to the proven sales process and you can make some serious MONEY. UniFirst does a great job of developing employees and setting them up to move upward in the company.

Cons

A lot of paper work and reporting. Some redundant reporting is expected in any sales organization. The first year used to suck but now there is now a ramp up bonus for the new sales reps which help them make some additional $$ while building the funnel.

Keep up the good work

Great opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid commission structure.
    Solid base salary
    Excellent training program
    Good benifits and retirement saving plans
    Major focus on development and promoting from within

Cons

Long hours at times
    The first year can be a real challange
    Competative industry
    Not much else, it can be a difficult job but it's also rewarding.

Keep up with the encouragement of employees and always listen to the people on the street.

great company to work for, lots of room for growth

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

growth, compensation, team morale, great code of ethics and honesty

Cons

hard work but worth the pay out in the end

always put yourself in any ongoing training offered, which is very organized and beneficial with the company

Great company to grow with

Current Employee - Manager in Pontiac, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Pontiac, MI

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement, team atmosphere, this is the large corporation that still has the small company family values and cares about it's employees. Great benefits, continued technology upgrades that help to make each employees job easier. I see a lot of bad reviews on Glass door but any career is what the individual makes of it. Every career takes hard work and with the proven practices and processes of this company anyone can be successful. If you want to be a loose cannon you won't be successful in anything in life. Hard work will pay off for anyone and make you successful.

Cons

As with any company there can be long hours but, that is true with any company. The company is going through some growing pains while it implements new technology but this is a short term issue.

All management needs to say good job more to employees who do well.

I have enjoyed every aspect of working at UniFirst thus far.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The working environment is always up beat & encouraging. It is a challenging job but you feel that you are getting so much out of it. Everyone around you at UniFirst is always excited to be there, which makes coming to work fun. Management prepares you and makes you work hard to get to the next level.

Cons

Long work hours through out the week. Time management to carry on a lot of tasks at one time.

Management has a lot to balance, having a large team of sales members to work with can be very time consuming but I feel at my location in Pitt they do a great job focusing on all of us and push us to the next level.