UniFirst Reviews

Reset
3.5
UniFirst Chairman, President, and CEO Ronald D. Croatti
Ronald D. Croatti

Pros
  • Personally I didn't get much from the training program but learned a lot from my two years working here (in 16 reviews)

• There are great training programs in place for each position to help you succeed; it is up to you to take advantage of it (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, living under micro management (in 19 reviews)

• average sales rep tenure is less than 2 years meaning you don't have any mentors to help you along (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Opportunity for Development and Growth

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have spent the last nine years of my sales career with the UniFirst Corporation and have been fortunate enough to watch our company grow. You can see the growth of our company in terms of revenue and profit as an outsider looking in, but you cannot see the growth and development we have made in our people, our products, and our services that our internal Team Partners have an opportunity to utilize. The training and on-boarding is a high valued asset for anyone seeking a formal sales training program whether they have selling experience or not. In our experience, this training has provided our sales group with the opportunity to further their career with UniFirst or with another organization after they have embraced the program and have spent 3-5 years in the position. Regardless of the direction you are looking to take your selling career, UniFirst will help you get there.

Cons

As a new Sales Representative, you have to understand and commit to the development path that is put in place for you. Your first year is about taking the deep-dive into the position, our industry, and understanding how to succeed. Your second year is focused on increased strategy and sales development, and your third year and beyond is when you will fully understand how to win and will have the ability to do so. When you're starting a new career with us, you have to understand that the first year is the slowest return for your investment. You will put in the most time in your first year with the lowest income you will likely earn during your experience with us. If you can understand your own journey and what the reality of the first year is and also understand that this is the slowest return for your sales leader as they will invest more time, training, and patience into you with your lightest year of sales. Lastly, the company will not only invest in your salary and benefits, but they also provide you with increased attention from the Sales Training department in your first year which makes it the company's highest sales cost ratio they will experience during your time as a Sales Representative. If you are able to understand the journey required and realize that your sales leader and UniFirst is willing to take that journey with you, this "con" can turn into a positive experience and learning opportunity.

Advice to Management

Our organization continues to implement and enhance our development programs and opportunities at all levels of the organization. I do believe that if we continue to follow this path of education and growth opportunities for our people, we will continue to watch our company climb and grow at an exponential rate.

UniFirst Response

Aug 3, 2015 – Sales Management Trainer

Thank you for your feedback and your years of service! We value our employees and understand that a strong training program is important to success. We are happy to hear you value our training ... More

2. Great

I worked at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Great place, traveling to businesses. A lot of team play involved! enjoyed the work

Cons

Traveling got a bit tedious at times.

3. Outside Sales Rep

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Mobile, AL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to make your own schedule, good base salary, and you get to meet people from all walks of life daily.

Cons

They make you come into the office and perform a phone block, which is just another way for them to monitor you making phone calls. The worst part about this job is, if you don't turn a new account in every 2 weeks you will be placed on a plan.

Advice to Management

Don't be so quick to judge.

Loyalty Earned

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and family atmosphere. A company that truly rewards success and promotes from within.

Cons

Still growing and with that comes growing pains.

Advice to Management

Be flexible as the company grows. New talent brings new ideas that can carry us into the next 80 years.

6. Sales

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Good training program, good benefits, very strong company with a great reputation and growing at an impressive rate. Strong leadership and well respected in the industry.

Cons

The sales role is demanding and the sales process rigid. You are expected to produce sales on a weekly basis.

7. Great People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, NH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Great People at all levels. Management is very helpful

Cons

Not everyone does their job daily

Advice to Management

Make sure everyone is doing their job.

My Opinion!

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at UniFirst full-time

Pros

I've been at UniFirst for 30 years. I've held two different positions. I've been treated far more than fairly, made good friends and had every chance to advance myself within the company! The schedule is fair and the benefits generous! The management has been great and shown concern for my well being. I had an incident requiring emergency surgery and received cooperation above and beyond what I expected! This is a corporation run as a family business and feels that way!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the people I work with!

Advice to Management

Continue treating people as you'd like to be treated!

9. route sales rep

Pros

great career, great pay, u get to have a business relationship with alot of people. u also get to travel alot in and out of town...

Cons

no hourly pay, only a set base pay so regardless of how many hours u work and there are very long hard hours u will still get the same pay. unless u earn commission...

10. Account Executive

I worked at UniFirst full-time

Pros

Let you run your business, lots of support

Cons

lots of tedious work... length of sales... do not support selling outside 65/35 uniforms.

District Service manager

Pros

Great company! I spent 26 years with them

Cons

Hours can be long, but it still is a great place to work

Advice to Management

You will work hard and deal with a lot of customers.

RSS Feed </> Embed