UniFirst Reviews

Reset
3.5
UniFirst Chairman, President, and CEO Ronald D. Croatti
Ronald D. Croatti

Pros
  • Personally I didn't get much from the training program but learned a lot from my two years working here (in 16 reviews)

• There are great training programs in place for each position to help you succeed; it is up to you to take advantage of it (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, living under micro management (in 19 reviews)

• average sales rep tenure is less than 2 years meaning you don't have any mentors to help you along (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marysville, WA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefits, Family Culture, Great opportunity for anyone looking to develop skills needed for future opportunities.

Cons

If you consider giving it your all everyday, a con, then this is not the place for you!

UniFirst Response

Jun 24, 2015 – Sales Training Specialist

First off we’d like to say thank you for the years of service you’ve given to UniFirst and thank you for the great review! We are glad to hear that you are taking advantage of the many benefits ... More

2. Assistant production manager

Former Employee - Assistant Production Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Production Manager

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are hard workers The company likes to promote within.

Cons

Very long hours and low pay. You are expected to work up to 60 hours weekly and a few weekends a month, and with the salary they offer its not worth it. They do like to hire within the company but if its for management you will likely have to relocate to another location out of your current state. Also it gets extremely hot in the production plant during summer months

Advice to Management

If you expect salary employees to work such long hours you should at least raise the pay so they have some type of motivation and it doesn't feel like their working for nothing

3. Overall Good Company

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Marysville, WA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Marysville, WA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has great benefits program, good quality products and services which makes it an easy company to back.

Cons

Not alot of cons as a whole, some locations have exessive turnover but that probably has to do with management/hiring. Work/Life balance is hard to get

Advice to Management

Keep schedule changes to a minimum and trust your employees

5. Unifirst

Former Employee - Production Worker in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Production Worker in Wilmington, NC

I worked at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Unifirst for a little over a month. I came in through a temp service and was hired on. While there the ladies I worked with at the folding table were amazing. .

Cons

As I stated in the Pros I was hired on from a temp service. At first I thought the working conditions were the worst. Not so!. I had a supervisor who was, well how can I put it respectively, just heartless and mean. He lacks people skills and has a nasty demeaner and no respect. He is the ultimate reason I had to leave. Other than that I think Unifirst is a great company.

Advice to Management

Respect is due to all humans. If there is an issue with your employees and the work is not the way you like it train the employees and don't yell at or belittle them. Adults should be able to talk to adults without making them feel like nothing and small.

6. A Good Starting Point

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, the office is laid back, the other sales reps are usually good people.

Cons

Some micromanagement, senior management lacking

7. Training Administrator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I worked at UniFirst

Pros

Great People Good Benefits My manager was hard to understand exactly what she wanted from her group. We would all chat among ourselves and try to figure out what exactly she was looking for.

Cons

I was layed off due to a cutback across the board. It would have been nice to be given a bit more assistance in finding a new position.

Sales Representative

I worked at UniFirst

Pros

FANTASTIC Office Environment - Everyone from the guys unloading trucks to the General Manager of the entire office was fantastic to work with!

Cons

It's outside sales, and the truth of such a position is that it's results driven. I was given a very small territory in terms of average income per resident, and opportunities for new business. Plus, the stress of the job affected preexisting health issues. Since I was unable to perform the job properly without risking my health, I had to walk away. Cold Calling is not my favorite by any stretch, but I was willing to try it.

9. Little Guidance

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, profit sharing, 401(k) company match, 8 paid holidays, free yearly physical, etc.

Cons

Management will tell you one thing then turn around and point you in another direction. The big whigs are always changing their minds which leaves you abandoning progress (I find that very frustrating).

Advice to Management

Prepare better directions for employees.

10. Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at UniFirst (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company objectives and training.

Cons

Middle management obsessed with their own image and babysitting obstructs and hinders the process entirely.

11. Hard working, heavily driven company.

Current Employee - District Service Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - District Service Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at UniFirst (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hard working people. You will never feel like you are the only one pulling your weight. Pay is ok. Lots of upward mobility.

Cons

It's a start at the bottom and show us what you can do company. Long hours and the work is never done. Every position at one point in time was covered by 2 to 3 people, they now expect more and pay less.

RSS Feed </> Embed