UniGuest Reviews

Reset
2.7
Mark H. Oldham

1. N/A

Pros

New management team is turning things around

Cons

Constant change of direction and philosophy

2. Beware - investment group owned

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at UniGuest full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They have a little convenience store inside to get snacks. Good place to get your feet wet in a call center due to the turnover they are always looking for people.

Cons

They only want low or astronomically paid individuals. Neither of which stay. Used to be a fantastic place to work until Atlantic Street Capital purchased it. All the previous management is now gone. So is the entire accounting department, most of the call center, software developers, and sales personnel. Either let go or run off. These guys were going to move to a building with less square footage due to growth. Now does that make any sense? That was 2 CEOs ago and they still can't get it together to even negotiate another locality. They also give no sick leave, only pay partial on employee insurance (no family) and have constant turn over now .

Advice to Management

Start taking care of your people, pay them, give them sick leave, and know you will probably go the same way as the ones that came before all of you that are there now. You have seen it so you know.

My Opinion- Not a Good Place for Developers

I worked at UniGuest full-time

Pros

Flexible with schedules. Freedom to decide on which technologies to use for software solutions. Option to work from home 2 days a week. Friendly and helpful co-workers.

Cons

No Possibility for Advancement- Qualified developers would apply for open positions, but were told the company would rather hire from outside. No developer was ever given a raise or promotion. Bad/Unfair Compensation- Below average for the industry and the area. Developers have not been given raises in nearly two years (not even cost of living raises). Management asks developers to take on additional responsibilities without added compensation, but they are still expected to maintain the same level of output. Management expects work on some nights and weekends, without added compensation. Lack of respect for development team- Management promised a bonus to developers if a release date could be improved. The developers worked nights, weekends, and holidays to deliver, but management only gave a percentage of the original promised amount and told the developers they should be more grateful. We were also asked by directors to fudge numbers so reports would look better.

Advice to Management

If this is going to be a "great development company that people all over Nashville want to work for", like they claim they are, management needs to respect the dev team. There are a ton of mid-level managers/directors who know little or nothing about the technology used by the dev team, general development practices, the SDLC, or even how their products work. Yet these are the people making decisions, often without consulting with the dev team. Many of these managers are not equipped for their position in this company. I think there is a need for managers with experience working in a software company. Dangling promises of "bonuses" (which haven't even proven to be true) in front of people to goad them into quicker throughput is not effective. Adding resources, using Agile, improving morale, and providing competent management is effective.

Director, Business Development

Former Employee - BD Sales/Marketing in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - BD Sales/Marketing in Alexandria, VA

I worked at UniGuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First - some of the below may have been implemented - Pros & Cons - while time was short there - the company was in growing pains....therefore not a good fit. Great company - growing pains from growth and diversification of products and sales - it has a terrific niche and can make lots of money with the right strategy and people to implement it. And a staff to support it. Exciting to be apart of a growth & important product for the future both in the consumer and business markets Great product and customer service Excellent SVP - Bus Dev and Marketing Executives - provides great work life balance Excellent CS Executive Great Customer Service Team Sales Compensation Program is good but needs to be revamped due to uneven client portfolios Very Good Benefits Great place for entry level sales jobs or < 5 years in local sales or sales assistants - current sales team is well seasoned

Cons

Seems to be many 'old' timers (and that doesn't mean just age) control departments and are not fully collaborate or make changes

Advice to Management

Move from flat to a more tiered environment - customers and partners come first as they pay the bills and keep the bills low Keep the CS running a tight and good ship; development and technology to include procurement to keep pace with customers and sales

6. Dysfunctional company unwilling or unable to make tough decisions and get out of its own way

I worked at UniGuest full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tremendous potential, leader in its market

Cons

Horrible work-life balance, sub-standard pay, chaotic management style, horrible communication, undesirable location and physical work environment.

Advice to Management

Remove "bad apples" poisoning the company, improve compensation and work environment to attract key talent, invest in future

7. A fun and relaxed environment, but structured at the same time.

Former Employee - Technical Support Level I in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Technical Support Level I in Nashville, TN

I worked at UniGuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great work life balance, the dress code was relaxed, a great group of people working on both sides of the house , I had plenty of time off, the tools to accomplish the job were satisfactory and improvements were coming a the time I left. They had a nice break area and an easy to get to location.

Cons

Sometimes on the weekends the work would be very boring, and the issues repetitive. Sometimes I felt in the dark about my future at the company. As support we worked hard and were always hailed, but often it felt like we were ignored internally by management.

Advice to Management

Since I've been gone for a while now, I feel I don't stand in a very good position to give the current management advice. I'll only say, never forget about support! Thank you.

Take a pass

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at UniGuest full-time

Pros

Some managers are willing to work with schedules.

Cons

No advancement. Lip-serve to processes and procedures. Cowboy mentality. Leadership cannot handle change management. Poor compensation. Lack of accountability on VPs lead to waste and cronyism.

Advice to Management

Weak CEO lets VPs do what they want without making the tough strategic decisions. New owners need to gut the top management level and promote the middle managers. Stop listening to no-nothings that are running the business into the ground.

Family

Former Employee - Help Desk Operator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Help Desk Operator in Nashville, TN

I worked at UniGuest full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the best places I have ever worked. All the people that I worked with were awesome to be around. Very relaxed work environment. If you show up on time and do your job there are good opportunities to start a career here. CEOs CFOs Presidents ect all have an office at this location and treat you like family.

Cons

The call center layout. When I left a few things were still under construction but larger bathrooms and break area would have been a plus.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to hold more team building events for your current employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed