UniTek Global Services Reviews

11 reviews filtered by
2.2
Rocky Romanella
1 Rating

1. I truly enjoy working for Unitek. There is an open door policy where anything of importance can be brought to the appropriate people without hesitation.

I have been working at UniTek Global Services

Pros

Great people. Work like balance. Fair. Time off. Benefits.

Cons

Communication is lacking across the Pinnacle and FTS side of the business.

Roll out of new policies and procedures needs to be better communicated.

UniTek Global Services Response

Dec 10, 2014HR Business Partner

As an employer of choice we strive to maintain a culture of the best, brightest and most-informed and value your feedback. Thank you for being a part of UniTek

2. Sinking ship

Current Employee - Construction Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Construction Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

there are no Pros. Leadership is weak and most of the managers prefer to "pass the buck" instead of taking ownership of their projects.

Cons

The company is going through bankruptcy and has been forced to restructure. Many have been laid off due to this and it has affected their ongoing projects. They now lack the workforce to complete the contracts that they have and are in jeopardy of losing them.

UniTek Global Services Response

Dec 10, 2014HR Business Partner

We value your opinion and feedback. Please reach out to the UniTek Employee Hotline (information available on our employee portal) to share your thoughts, concerns and opinions so that we can better ... More

3. people are great, organization structure is slacking

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people in the office are great to work with. Very understanding of work-life balance.

Cons

Salary and paid time off are below industry standards. Turnover has risen significantly with few adequate hiring of replacements if at all.

Be straight foreward in conveying messages to public and employees.

Promises are made, but a brighter future doesn't seem to be coming.

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The office culture is pretty laid back. Company offers medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

PTO and pay are below industry standards. There are policies in place which are never followed, leading to disorganization. Things fall through the cracks pretty often with management. There is no attention paid to current employees - there is almost no potential for advancement, minimal pay increases, and when employees leave, often they aren't replaced, leaving that burden on other department members to pick up.

To be the best in the industry, show some appreciation to your employees. Most importantly, follow up on your promises. Company picnic? June bonus plan? Advancement opportunities? Things are promised here often to appease employees which never come to fruition.

6. Growth pains, but overall good and opportunities for advancement

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There’s a lot of opportunity because the company is going through change – its hard work don’t get me wrong, but the new management is looking for leaders at every level that can come in and contribute – some people might not see this as a plus, but for me it means more chances for promotions & raises.

Cons

If you've been at a company that’s gone through change (let’s face it, every company does this) you know that there will always be that hangover from the change - people that don’t want change, change that is not good, etc. Have to take the good with the bad I suppose.

I see the communication from the management now, and they’re trying. I would just suggest that in addition to pushing information down that they listen to the people doing the work too. I've seen some of the guys & gals that know what’s up getting promotions – I think that is helping because they’re speaking up and the work is improving. Also give more time off.

Unorganized, immature, hours are sporadic, Stress

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Sales contests, if you're any good at it. Pay is ok, I made $12/hr as a dispatcher

Cons

High School atmosphere. Unorganized techs for you to maintain, angry customers, hours are cut and raised whenever. Favoritism ensures the same people win the quarterly contests.

None. They run their company as they chose to and somehow win awards. Doesn't effect me anymore.

Unstable but lucrative.

Current Employee - Dispatcher in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, laid back environment.
    Acceptable pay.
    Great incentives

Cons

Constant change...as in the hours, staff and the rules...a lot
    Lack of communication within management.
    Office politics.

9. Horrible experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at UniTek Global Services

Pros

In comparison to other companies that I have worked for, I am unable to list any Pros that would set Unitek above another company.

Cons

Less than par benefits, only 2 weeks of PTO time, poor management, little recognition for good performance...the list goes on and on.

Senior management needs to recognize that one of the greatest assets of any organization is the employees. Success in the long term will depend on loyalty to your employees, and vice versa.

10. Dont put your eggs in this basket.

I worked at UniTek Global Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job was relatively stress free. Sup's didnt hound you and pretty much left you alone. Unlike most jobs of this type they let you use bathroom and get up with out moaning. Unless of course you took advantage.

Cons

Pay below industry standards. Benefits where lackluster. Company a little stingy with time off/vacation policy. Disorganized they rush and dont seem to have loose plans. Training wasnt the best. Company panics the moment of any trouble and starts cutting hours. One bad quarter even though the previous generated good profits and they will start laying off.

Value employees more. Learn to ride the wave and dont panic at the slightest trouble. Better training more time off.

11. Run, don't look back

I have been working at UniTek Global Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great co-workers, that's about all i can say

Cons

management needs to be replaced. Company not employee focused. Work til you drop and they don't care. There is no work/life balance...its all work even if it means working 24/7 and holidays.

Needs to be weeded out for people who actually care about employees. Hope the new CEO realizes who needs to be replaced

UniTek Global Services Photos