UniWorld Group

Add Photos

UniWorld Group Chairman & CEO Monique Nelson

Monique Nelson

dedicated, creative, hard-working team

Strategic Planner (Former Employee)

I worked at UniWorld Group full-time for more than 8 years

Prosstrong creative vision; team members dedicated to flawless execution

Consnot enough help at the junior/admin level

This place's rich history shows in a good way

Creative (Current Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at UniWorld Group full-time for less than a year

ProsFrom my recent experience at Uniworld Group I have to say it's been a great place to work, and especially a great place to grow.

While I can't speak on the past, the future looks very bright. Everyone here seems driven to making this place better each day and I'm thankful to have been given the opportunity by the CCO Quincy Cherry.

Because of the smaller agency feel, it's like everything you do matters more. This is a place where you can actually have both a creative input and also backing to take ideas from concept to execution.

Have an idea? Let's put it in the suggestion box, vote, then make it happen.

ConsThey push you to do better, work harder and smarter. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and be open to the idea of collaboration across departments as needed.

It's Like "The Firm." Avoid At All Costs!!

Creative (Current Employee)
Dearborn, MI

I have been working at UniWorld Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe checks clear. For now.

ConsFear, intimidation, and lies are the norm around here. What they call "management" would be considered bullying anywhere else. Lots of inappropriate behavior and documented sexual harassment. Not at all interested in doing great creative. No matter what the budget, there is never enough to do the project right. Funds just seem to "disappear." (wink-wink.) Current Chief Creative Officer (Quincy Cherry) has a horrible reputation. He has won no new business of significance in years, but managed to lose legacy accounts Burger King and 3 Musketeers. Barely hanging on to Ford. (I know for a fact the client has inquired about moving the business.) Lots of good people either leave, get pushed out, or fired because they refuse to be "controlled" by a overbearing CCO who insists on treating grown-ups like children. No one on the creative side wants to work for or believes in this guy. Tons of people have interviewed for an ECD job (that has been open for years) but no one will bite. And I don't blame them. Anybody who has done their homework knows better than to come work for him, or ever work for him again. Not only is he petty and unprofessional, he pits employees against each other and fosters nothing but a cocoon of hate and resentment.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're screwed! If you ever wise-up and get rid of Quincy, the overall vibe of this place will be exponentially better.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Outdated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at UniWorld Group full-time

ProsCompensation seemed to be fair.

ConsDuring my time there, there weren't efficient processes among the various departments. Research was outdated, and the creative output seemed to be old and uninspiring. The office was grey and sterile, so it didn't feel like a creative atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish efficient processes among the various departments. Ensure the Creative Department owns the creative process and output. Hire up-and-coming talent to keep the creative fresh.

Good accounts. Lots of favoritism. Poor pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at UniWorld Group full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBlue chip accounts and small work teams, so lots of opportunity to learn.

ConsIncredibly cheap when it came to pay. I went a few years without a raise and finally got one when a more junior female employee was caught talking about how she got a raise by flirting with the CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstall a 360 review process so the bosses get evaluated by the people they manage.

Crabs in a barrell only the desparate need apply

Administration (Former Employee)

I worked at UniWorld Group

ProsProcess in getting in to the company pretty easy. If you can negotiate or lie effectively, the salary can be pretty generous.
Benefits are decent but could be better from a WPP company.

ConsMost unprofessional people ever. Most of the people belong in some kind of government job.
The ower and EVP/GM really manage the place and between the two they foster an environment of pettiness and gossip. They pit employee against employee by making each employee think they are friends. When they don't need you anymore they circle the wagons and get rid of personnel. Layoffs are based on who doesn't like who.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest, be fair and respectful. Be a real role model and make people want to work for the company.

Horrible! It is the most ghetto place to work.

Account Director (Former Employee)

I worked at UniWorld Group

ProsIf you dress really nice, you'll get promoted. Byron Lewis has no substance and so completely out of touch with reality. He promotes people based on how nicely dressed they are, not true talent. Hence, you have a bunch of empty suits walking around the office with no real brain. The people in charge are very ghetto - the mafia has more etiquette. There is not future plans for the company, they just wing it day-by-day. If you're a client, get the heck out of there...if you're a potential job candidate, don't waste your time and energy working there - no one in the industry will respect and it will be hard for you to get out and find a REAL job.

ConsRacist Organization
Ghetoo Management
No Real Talent

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen a hot dog - hopefully, you'll have better luck. But you're definitely not capable of running a communications company!! LOL

Could've been a contender

I have been working at UniWorld Group

ProsAn attitude of "we're in this together" created a strong sense of camaraderie inside and outside of the agency. Led to informal brainstorming on each others projects. It was a rare and wonderful working environment during the period from 2002 to 2007.

ConsToday, it seems the spirit has gone. No company field trips to bear mountain, no late nights at the local bar kvetching and scheming on making Uniworld better. Seems they squandered golden opportunity to establish themselves as leaders in the Targeted advertising field. Who knows, maybe the brooklyn move will help them reconnect with what urban advertising could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out of your comfort zone. Really try to assess where the future of targeted advertising is going. Social media could work a lot harder for you if played right. Don't be afraid to go for the smaller clients that will allow the creative department to shine vs. the big ones that always end up dictating what they want. Sometimes the best people are under your nose the whole time, the people that understand and are passionate for the agency and the business. A walk through the mostly empty halls no longer has the same spark and energy.

In need of a change in leadership.

Copywriter (Current Employee)

I have been working at UniWorld Group

ProsSmall. Collaborative. Relaxed atmosphere. Opportunity to diversify your portfolio.

ConsNo clear leadership. Stuck in their ways. Unclear how to grow professionally.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Horrible Place to work. All employees looking to leave.

Group Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at UniWorld Group

ProsNo micro management of senior management. Family atmosphere among co-workers.

ConsPoor leadership and communication. Absence of "best practices". Lack of clear processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement Senior Leadership Team that frequently communicates with other levels of organization.

Worked for UniWorld Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at UniWorld Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for UniWorld Group CEO Monique Nelson. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by UniWorld Group employees.