Unibet Reviews

Reset
4.7
Unibet CEO Henrik Tjärnström
Henrik Tjärnström

1. We work hard, but we also have the time to play hard.

Current Employee - VIP Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - VIP Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unibet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm very happy that we have the opportunity to work remote from time to time, which is great for all of us in the company that are not from the UK when we want to go back to the motherland. As long as I get my job done and deliver the results, I can do it from anywhere in the world. We do also have some amazing people in our company, and it's really inspiring and fun to be around people that is passionate abou what they do.

Cons

The organisation is a bit slow when it comes to changes in the workflow and new ideas, which can be a bit tricky from time to time.

2. Awesome people, awesome company

I have been working at Unibet

Pros

Unibet is a great company to work for and really promotes a good work/life balance. The employees and management team are all really great people. I really cant believe someone said there was a bullying culture at Unibet. I have worked at other companies in the UK and abroad and can honestly say that my colleagues at Unibet are the most non bullish people I have ever worked with. I can understand if someone doesn't find the company as positive as I do, however to say that it is bullish is far from reality. Other positives include: * Good benefits * Career growth and progression * Non stressful, accommodating work environment

Cons

Not enough fresh fruit in the morning delivery!

3. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Unibet

Pros

Flat organisational structure, a lot of opportunities to learn, great benefits (in Stockholm office), good and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Offices spread in different countries makes it difficult sometimes to get everyone on board and communicate. Not that many opportunities to advance career (flat structure).

Advice to Management

Try to recognize people with passion and to encourage it when it comes to daily work. Really good people need to feel challenged and motivated to do some good work.

5. Perfect company for self-motivated individuals to forge professional development

Current Employee - Marketing & Communication Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Marketing & Communication Specialist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unibet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very respectful, liberal and engaging working environment. Very skillful senior management and HoDs with exemplary work ethic. Highly rewarding package with regular company events, private health care plan etc. In online gambling, Unibet is one of the top 3 brands using state-of-the-art tech and embracing the latest marketing practices and innovations; it is a fundamentally solid built company with a promising future.

Cons

Internal communication could be managed better (cross-departmental). Unibet is still using a number of third party platforms and solutions which creates dependencies.

Advice to Management

Allocate investment in owning/building your own technology that serves and synchronises the essential areas of Unibet's operative business (CRM, ACQ (digital marketing), CMS, Data)

6. Unibet

I have been working at Unibet

Pros

Flexibility in tools for work, non-stress atmosphere

Cons

a bit boring tasks, closed society, didn't see possibility for development, work culture a bit inconsistent

7. Fast moving with lots of awesome colleagues

Former Employee - Team Lead in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I worked at Unibet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Friendly, Passionate, Experts :) - Seriously, they really live be their words, at least in the tech department (Sthlm). Never experienced such a friendly "can do do" environment where people actually work together across team boundaries. Developer, testers and operations staff actually like each other! :) * If you like a fast moving and unpredictable business environment then this place is definitively for you!

Cons

* Career paths have been a bit limited in the tech department. I guess this is partly due to a pretty flat organization and the fact that there haven't that many leadership/expert roles defined. A recent organizational "re-make" will hopefully improve this. * The security/policy people are very active and have a lot of say in things (naturally). This can however sometimes get pretty ridiculous in my opinion, but it wouldn't be the first place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Great initiative and ambition with the "Great place to work" project.

8. Strong culture of passion and a great outlook

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unibet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent career opportunities if you're not afraid of a bit of hard work. Freedom with responsibility. Fast-moving industry with some very interesting years to come. Company with a great outlook. Strong strategy.

Cons

Apart from the pay, which is not among the best in the industry, there's not much to mention here. The offices in Malta and London are not of a very high standard.

A rare find. Great culture, great people, great atmosphere and good prospects if you're willing to work hard.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unibet (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow and develop. I have benefited from being promoted within Unibet and so have many others here. There is also lots of freedom to take projects and to run with them if you are willing to stick your head above the parapet and ask. A clear strategy and an effort from the top to make sure everyone is bought into this and engaged. While not perfect it is certainly better than other companies I have worked in where the plan was never shared and not very clear!

Cons

Very limited really, perhaps that the company is growing so fast that some of the old flexibility and freedom is being lost. But a natural growing pain for teenage companies I think.

Advice to Management

Try and see what you can do to avoid Unibet becoming slow and inflexible.

Unibet Response

Apr 13, 2015 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for the feedback and we're always striving to stay as nimble as we can

Great company

I have been working at Unibet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Multicultural environment, great colleagues, fun culture, family feeling, great benefits (Yoga, team building, discounts, free Private health insurance and more). We`re given the option to internally grow at a frequent rate, either via promotions or moves into other departments. Unibet offers us different useful training courses as well.

Cons

the pay isnt the best in the industry, but definitely not the worst

11. Customer Service Agent

I worked at Unibet full-time

Pros

Very good company to work for who has been experiencing growth since inception. The staff is very well appreciated and recognized.

Cons

Very difficult to progress during my 3 years over there despite hard work and commitment - things might have changed today though.

RSS Feed </> Embed