Unibind

Excellent Culture and Opportunity

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at Unibind full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Promising firm with smart employees and great products to sell. Selling proven products to a variety of business types is valuable experience and always interesting. Working with other sales professionals is energizing and the company is innovating products and sales approaches.

Cons

More training on new products would be beneficial.

Keep on track with plans underway to increase market share and keep lines of communication open with employees and customers!

Should be labeled temp job

I worked at Unibind

Pros

Benefits, some fun people. Location.

Cons

Don't expect a long term job. NO one is there long.

Respect your employees

Stability and Growth

Current Employee - Support
    Current Employee - Support

I have been working at Unibind full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

As a veteran employee, have enjoyed great benefits including 100% paid medical and other insurance. Vacation accrues from day one. My manager listens and works hard along side me to get the job done and co-workers as well.

Cons

In some support departments, there is less opportunity to advance than in sales.

Disturbing

I worked at Unibind

Pros

Nice people, good effective products

Cons

Absentee management and no strong management in this facility

Need to be more open minded and recognize hard work.

Good Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Unibind full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company has been in business over 50 years and in the US since 1999. It is a smaller office atmosphere with interaction between the departments. Employees are friendly and helpful. Most positions are sales and sales support (accounting, customer service, etc.). My experience is that our customers love the products. My hours are 8:30am – 5:30pm, which is a good work life balance with full benefits including paid medical. I have enjoyed my job, co-workers and manager during my tenure with the company! There are different personalities and it is never dull.

Cons

The company could offer more ongoing training.

Generous Benefits and Room to Advance

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Unibind full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been a Manager for several years and the company has provided this opportunity. There is a lot of growth right now with new programs and products. With growth come some challenges, but good ones as rollouts occur. I am able to work on new programs and have a great team. In addition, they pay 100% employee health, 50% dental + 100% life and disability insurance for all employees. People have different expectations for their jobs. For me, Unibind has been a place to grow and learn. I don’t make every decision perfectly and my manager may not use all of my ideas, but when I work hard to achieve the goals of my position, I have received more responsibility and new challenges.

Cons

Would welcome more regular feedback from upper management.

Keep providing growth opportunities and add some continuing education for some employees.

Great Experience and Growth

Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Unibind full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for less than a year have had a great experience with my manager, job and co-workers. Good camaraderie exists within departments and I enjoy coming to work. This is the United States corporate office and the headquarters is in Belgium. Sales are growing and in a smaller office there is the opportunity to see the results of your contribution. It is a good place to develop or contribute sales and customer service experience. Upper management has an open door policy if you want to offer ideas for consideration and there are definitely opportunities to grow in responsibility over time.

Cons

They are working on improving processes and communications between departments, which is needed overall to keep everyone on the same page when changes occur.

Stay the course for process improvement and keep listening to employees for their ideas.

Don't bother

I worked at Unibind full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Product is OK but is becoming obsolete
    Good team (besides management)
    Benefits are pretty solid

Cons

Upper management is awful
    Low salaries
    No raises....ever
    Morale very low

Lay everyone off and let them find something better and move on with their lives

Horrible Dictatorship - Dragon Lady

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Unibind full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very good product line..........some good people, not many left.

Cons

Poor Organizational Reputation: After receiving Mary's "thanks, but no thanks" note, I contacted her by phone to ferret out why she declined our offer and after being initially hesitant revealed that she'd discussed our company with her friends and colleagues who dissuaded her from joining our firm.

In the past, the organization earned a reputation as being a bit of a "Wild West Show" and that gets out in an industry where everyone compares notes with one another. This situation occurred less and less over time, but it still stung to lose Mary during that search. THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION IS VERY RELAVENT TO THIS COMPANY!! THEY DON'T DESERVE YOU, MOVE ON, KEEP LOOKING!!

Stop abusing the general public. Take your euro attitude back where it belongs - this is our HOMELAND which deserves respect.

Badly run family business

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Unibind full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great product that is a joy to use. Working in the marketing department has allowed me the opportunity to be creative and achieve my goals. Nice office location and colleagues.

Cons

The company is run by the 'family'. So basically you fit in or you don't. There is very little of career advancement, new people come and go.The CEO is all over the place and seems not sure what to do or say (scream). I am not sure of the future of this company, patent product which is soon running out and zero leadership and direction.

Get a 3rd party consulting company to come in and sort out the management. The family should step back and let people in the 'know' take this company to new levels.