Unical Aviation Reviews

1. Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Desktop Specialist in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Specialist in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Unical Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Human Resources department is amazing and Jan Slack was able to help me find what I was looking for in the workplace. Great place to work for.

Cons

No cons to describe.

2. Benefits Administrator Interview

Pros

I recently interviewed for a Benefits Administrator position. The interview went really well and the HR Director was really professional. They are picky about their candidates and seem to have their HR team in order.

Cons

Quick to judge a candidate by his or her answer to one question to decide if you are a fit for the team.

Advice to Management

Management should be more open about a candidates ability to perform the job with little experience. We all have to learn and gain experience sometime. It only take's one company to offer that chance.

IQ Tests Should Be Mandatory for Managers

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

There are many pros to consider, if you are an interior designer on LSD. There are plenty of bright colored walls throughout the facility to shock your brain awake. No, no, they're not accent walls; they're everywhere. Not to mention the abundance of life-sized comic book character statues throughout the premises; if you didn't feel safe in your workplace before, rest-assured Spiderman and Superman are there for your protection. Also if that didn't sell you, let me tell you there is an outdoor grill that has been used once. A gym, for decorative purposes, of course. Oh and the best part, the open desk plan. I'm pretty sure it's proven that managers can spy on you better without cubicle walls getting in the way. This way, your manager won't get that crick in their neck looking over your shoulder. Everything aside, their benefits used to be wonderful, until they decided to make some changes to the insurance...now it's alright, but nothing to write home about.

Cons

To start, management needs adjusting. The sales teams are all divided into groups that are internally suggestively pinned against each other. Instead of working for the company,the teams work against each other causing rivalry and ultimately mistakes--the effort and time wasted in doing this is potential money down the drain. Also, it doesn't appear there is a standard set for management. For instance, one manager could be brilliant and have great sales skills while another hasn't had a sales job prior to working at Unical and doesn't have the communication qualities necessary for anyone is sales,let alone management. Having issues with a manager or a colleague? Don't bother speaking to the HR department. They have no idea how to fill their day without gossiping or relying on software programs to do their jobs for them. If there is a sudden flare of trauma drama in your department, ask HR, they will know more about it than you.

Advice to Management

There should be an IQ test to become management personnel, in any department. Candidates should be able to communicate and have a higher comprehension level. While working at Unical, I don't know how many times I have had to repeat myself due to comprehension issues. Also, I say cut the dead weight. This company rather keep on invaluable, profit stealers because they are relatives/friends-of-friends-of-friends/tenants of employees instead of employees with drive and a desire to learn.

Business solution

Current Employee - Mechanic in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanic in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Unical Aviation full-time

Pros

Fancy display at front lobby

Cons

Too many to list! 1. No equal employment opportunity for all. 2. No structure or process to follow. No mean of measuring performance merit. 3. Poor work environment. Over all, poor communication between all function of all level. (Too Many "lost Chief" and not enough "good experienced soldier"

Advice to Management

Train yourself first, or take the time to know own business well, before giving critic to other.

Dreadful Place

Current Employee - Software in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Software in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Unical Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All I can think of is nice facility with gym everyone is afraid to use. In 2 month I never saw a soul in there Also great patio and cool furniture nobody sits on I think because the culture is fearful employees and there is no wi fi The owner is avid Christian supposedly an supposedly pro veteran I can't really speak for the Christian part. But as a disabled veteran I have Never been treated worse by any company in a 30 years and that includes working in Hollywood and on Wall street The IT help desk guys are great The management or at least mine was horrid Abysmally bad actually

Cons

This p.lace although a nice looking facility has no interest in employee comforts No cubes even ...everyone sits out in a big bullpen All that was missing was a bunch or sewing machines and it would have been a dead ringer for a garment factory No privacy loud make no accommodations not even for me a disabled veteran They have no Wi fi for employees nor are employees issued laptoo no one can work remotely Actually nobody can work unless saddled to their desktop No I am not joking It wss like being in the 80s stapled to a desktop When asked why they t said "for security" I asked them if they knew all their data was "in the cloud software as sevice" and all customer records were accessible on the internet They didn't have a clue what I was taking about it seemed My management was very mean spirited, spiteful and very unskilled in dealing with anyone I really think the overall place might be ok and I drew the absolutely worst card in the deck The pay is beyond bad I I could have never afforded to work there without other sources of income Really about 50 percent of what I made before

Advice to Management

Wow that is beyond my pay grade I am sure the owner makes a ton of money So hey you don't need any advice from me Advice to prospective employees ? Proceed with trepidation Or as Dante wrote in The Divine Comedy "Give up all hope all those who enter here"

I read one review about the managers with Napoleon complex. Absolutely agree!

Former Employee - WH QA Inspector in City of Industry, CA
    Former Employee - WH QA Inspector in City of Industry, CA

I worked at Unical Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lunch. If you kiss butt you might get somewhere. They had some decent overtime. Benefits are decent. There was nothing else that was good.

Cons

Management. Change your management or at least management style. It was like working for a bunch of gangsters. I got blamed for something someone else did and got chewed out for it. Get the facts straight first before you jump to conclusions.

Advice to Management

Trying to belittle your subordinates doesn't help build a person's character and skills. Design some real training. Your own managers don't even know how to inspect the parts. So how do you expect new hires to learn anything.

company is good only if you are in it short term.

I worked at Unical Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chris and Paul all are great bosses, if you work at this company would be lucky to work under them.

Cons

management is horrible they seem to use a lot of scare tactics to try to bully you around, they also can change your schedule in a drop of a dime, it also seems if you ain't Asian you are limited to how far you can move up in the company and the pay is horrible.very high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes, communication classes, and language classes.also maybe if the bosses were a little bit taller there would be less of a short man syndrome complex atmosphere.

9. wer hause

Current Employee - Wer House in Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Wer House in Industry, CA

I have been working at Unical Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I sea many good things about this company I can sea myself in a long term employee,

Cons

Well I think right now there's not. Maybe in the future as of now good things about this company I can only see.

Advice to Management

You're doing very good so far. Fast place to work at ,I will work my best to keep up with the company.

10. Wow this Company is the Bomb!

Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in City of Industry, CA
    Current Employee - Salesforce Administrator in City of Industry, CA

I have been working at Unical Aviation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

International Growing like crazy, CEO built this company from scratch with his wife and a devote Christian... that walks the walk Very good to employees beautiful facility Also have a very decent benefits package

Cons

In a very industrial area....City of Industry. CA... so not the great urban feel of some places but hey I can live with eating at Subway

Advice to Management

Keep your foot on the gas

11. Great company to work for!!

Pros

Very generous owner, friendly people, family environment. Lots of opportunity to grow, very supportive management. You are made to feel like a valuable member of the team. Don't believe the haters out there! Check this company out for yourself and make your own conclusions.

Cons

Not much comes to mind.

RSS Feed </> Embed