Unidine Reviews

Interesting.

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Unidine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people can be good to work with - depending on site.

Cons

Communication needs work, Constant changing of upper management is frustrating and confusing.

Make sure everyone is on the same page

Failure to provide positive work experience

I worked at Unidine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Pay, and Descent benefits

Cons

Long days expected with out relief

Ensure that general manage rs follow the rules as they impose on others. Consistency and follow through by upper management would be nice. Listen to complaints about sexual or inappropriate comments being made and not turn them against the complainer.

Food Cost.

Current Employee - Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Unidine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and a great fresh food concept, poorly managed, but great concept!

Cons

Poor organization, expensive benefits, shady company/office politics, terrible work platforms, way out of date Information technology, unreasonable expectations, does not value the people.

Stop trying to put the customer first at the expense and exploitation of the great people that work for you. Integrity and trust are worth way more than the dollar you sell out for. Your song and dance fools a lot of people, at first, but when the curtain is pulled back you are exposed and its a shame to see a company with such good intentions turn out to be empty, meaningless, words on paper in regards to how they treat their people.

I am a former employee, not bitter about Unidine, but disappointed in so much that I was told to get me in the door only to seek employment elsewhere. It was the shortest time I have ever spent with a company and I have always been a dedicated, hardworking member of upper management. The list of wrongs is much longer than the list of rights and I can only tell anyone what I experienced and that is FOOD does cost, it cost you time, effort, energy, sanity, patience, and dignity. Read the reviews and you will find some disgruntled/negative ratings but look beyond the emotion and ask yourself why would someone take the time to write a review? Do your due diligence before signing on to join the Unidine team, it was not a healthy experience for me...I hope at the very least this encourages you to dig a bit deeper and ask the tough questions and try to pull the curtain back and see for yourself.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have been in management at Unidine for less than a year

I have been working at Unidine full-time

Pros

Fresh food concept is good and can be carried out with the right people in place.

Cons

Don't care about people at all. Dishonest, corporate support is a JOKE! Fill out a help ticket and wait....until you get in trouble for not doing what you filled out a help ticket for?
    They want to grow, but use severely outdated IT systems? Talk of Unidine acquiring another company?? They can't handle what they have!

Try taking stock of your most valuable asset, people in the trenches!
    Lower benefit costs, invest back in to the company.

unidine

Current Employee - Chef Manager  in  Ticonderoga, NY
    Current Employee - Chef Manager in Ticonderoga, NY

I have been working at Unidine full-time for more than a year

Pros

all fresh no box foods

Cons

they don't listen to staff all time management not always right

look out for your staff

Great Corporate Dining job for restaurant line cooks looking for quality of life.

Current Employee - Line Cook  in  New Milford, CT
    Current Employee - Line Cook in New Milford, CT

I have been working at Unidine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uses a mix of fresh and purchased items making it enjoyable to prepare but not over the top stressful.

Cons

Cleaning tasks became lengthy and boring.

Overall a tremendously rewarding professional experience - working with passionate culinarians and professionals

I have been working at Unidine full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing organization that offers a superior and unique product. Accelerated career growth - and the ability to advance professionally and financially much faster than at competitors that are losing market share and stagnating. People that work hard and produce are promoted. Slackers and underperformers don't last long here.

Cons

All Unidine employees do "heavy lifting". You need to love your job and work hard at it all the time. No place to hide. There are no corner offices where you can put your feet up and delegate. A young, aggressive company that doesn't have all of the "bells and whistles" that the competitors offer. Benefits have improved dramatically but are still more expensive than competitors.

Remember to share the "fruits" of your team's labors.

Honesty is not their policy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Unidine full-time for less than a year

Pros

They do pay more than similar companies

Cons

Management lies, disorganized, corporate culture a sham, lots of backstabbing and butt covering, benefits are ridiculous

Give your employees the tools to succeed, insteadof having a sink or swim attitude. Understand that a business can not be built on the expectation of 16 hour days from your managers

If only true to their own mission!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Unidine full-time for more than a year

Pros

At unit levels, this contract company in my tenure, had a great product with superior culinary talent than their competitors in all of it's sectors.

Cons

Dysfunctional Leadership from the top down, with all management employees in fear of their future, and/or expectations. a company T/O is never kept up, cause it changes so rapidly. You are truly only as good as your last mistake. Technology resources are at least 5-7 years behind with little or no input from end users in order to improve.

CEO needs to seek first to understand, then be understood, so he knows who to trust and listen to. To quote, Et tu Brute!

Management turnover HUGE red flag

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Unidine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company's concept is a fresh approach and with the correct leadership could become a rival to larger contract food service companies.

Cons

Management turnover is incredibly high. This seems to be due to the fact that unrealistic expectations are set at the CEO level. Managers, at al levels, disappear on a daily basis. Benefit premiums are 200% of what I experienced at other comparable companies.

This company is growing quickly and when you do not surround yourself with long term employees with whom you have developed trust, you will crash and burn. I have had a successful career in this industry for over 15 years and I believe your human capital is the most valuable. I believe this CEO will only "learn" some valuable HR lessons the first time a wrongful termination suit is brought against him.

Worked for Unidine? Contribute to the Community!