Unidine

Server

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Unidine

Pros

I love working for the company . It's like a family . They give credit where it's due and they make sure the employees are well taken care of .

Cons

There are no cons for this company

Somewhat poor

Current Employee - Chef in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Chef in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unidine

Pros

Free food while at work

Cons

Major staff turnover. Very high insurance rates.

Communicate more to all employees

I was a server, or the way they call it a "dietary aid worker."

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Unidine

Pros

collecting a paycheck and this is it

Cons

I worked in a nursing home in a kitchen for 7 years, then Unidine came in a screwed everything up. They promise you the world and you get nothing. They cut hours after city and state inspection came to check the kitchen to save money. They love to lie and saving money is their main concern. They are always right and dont bother giving your opinion because you will never get credit for it but they take it and get the credit. Overall you have to work hard and your duties are repetitive so at least you know what you are doing everyday. Mangement is a joke they dont know how to do anything.

Just shut down, your company is awful, and the people you send to different places only love to shop online and be on facebook. You guys only lie lie lie!

Horrid, unbelievable and I cried even thinking about work

Former Employee - Line Cook in Avilla, IN
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Avilla, IN

I worked at Unidine

Pros

No pros none at all. I would rather shoot myself in the foot. Never work for these people again.

Cons

Management sucked and would blame employees for their mistakes. Lie to residents, make food that nobody liked.

Nobody needs to work for these people. I was cussed at regularly by management. Shift supervisor lied to cover her mistakes. When I left I even left a msg formy district manager to speak to me. Never heard back. Maybe if I call EEOC he would have called. NO RESPECT FOR UPPER MANAGEMENT.

Delusions of grandeur, no accountability for upper management.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Vacation time, job was easy when we weren't understaffed (though that was a rare occasion), decent pay once I got promoted, free food, liked the residents.

Cons

Silly company mentality of trying to project an image of higher than actual quality to customers/clients.

Anything for the customer but always at the employees' expense.

Sleazy Upper management that shrugs off responsibility/ passes blame down, and dismisses employees' complaints/concerns only pretending to care or take action.

P.S. Overtime at Unidine seems to be a big no-no. Only the overworked cooks were given the OK to, everyone else, not so much. When I would occasionally make overtime my GM demanded to know why I was working so many extra hours.(Only 5-10 overtime) I explained that it was because I was working late almost every night because of short staffing, and they didn't believe me, and thought I was just sitting on the clock. And on multiple occasions found hours that I had worked omitted/deleted from my timecard on payday the next week.

Managers have power with almost no responsibility, blame is passed down.

Shady upper management.

I worked at Unidine (more than an year)

Pros

Food philosophy is awesome! But the company does not have the support or training structure in place.

Cons

Everything. Benefits are horrible, upper managment are self entitled foodies. By the way everyone in corporate claims to be a chef, yet the company is run son horribly. I personally witnessed upper managment lie to clients and residents about their fresh food approach........ Yeah same contract company different name.

Stand up to the standards the company says it has. If morning meetings are a company standard, upper managment should be involved when they visit. If you have nothing in your freezer because everything is fresh, then do so. We have to use Unidine recipes, yet get reprimanded when they suck.

Stop living to the client. Your front line managers have to cover your tracks. After all, we are the ones lives you hurt when you tell these lies.

Company does not focus on importance of the service, too wrapped up in the idea of programs

Former Employee - Dining Services Director
    Former Employee - Dining Services Director

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunches, salary is highest for job in the area.

Cons

Management is spread too thin in some places and tripping over each other in others, Help was begged for and never given at several accounts and on site manages were crucified for poor numbers.

No vacation your first year of employment, you have to fight for it. When you want to take it, it's too much of a burden or you have to break it up.

No Work Life Balance

I have been working at Unidine (more than an year)

Pros

Fresh Food Philosophy, Marketing Material's are nicely done for promotions. Continuing education for CDM/RD is plentiful.

Cons

You have to pay out of pocket to attend Orientation which was a substantial cost for me.
    Orientation was a joke, we did a lot of sitting around waiting for people to present.
    IT department was not professional, there was a lot of screwing around while I was there. Horseplay, not impressed.
    Required to work 9 hour days.

Appreciate Managers out in the field who are in the trenches every day and sacrifice their family life to run the business.
    When missing the General Manager and a support manager is not present, compensation should be considered for extra duties and comprises the assistant director made to help the piece of business and keep the client happy.

Expect nothing more than aggravation and frustration from this thankless company...

Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some wonderful people working in the office who genuinely care about what they do, not that it matters because no one recognizes hard work at this company.

Cons

Ridiculously expensive benefits that provide average at best coverage.
    A cost of over $3200 a year just to park your car at the office garage.
    Non-competitive salaries
    Eleven hour workdays and the evil eye if you dare to leave at the end of the eleventh hour.
    In my case, never a "thank you" for working above and beyond what most people in my line of work would ever agree to for any reason.
    An HR department that isn't willing to handle any situations that would be dealt with swiftly and judiciously at any other reputable company.

Learn to value the employee who devotes their life to making things simple for you and your staff. A "thank you" goes a long way. Taking a stellar employee for granted will only leave you without an employee in the end because at a certain point, you rally and gather up your self respect and you find another job. When you're supporting multiple people within a department and the vast majority of those people never think to thank you for your contribution to their monetary success, including your boss, you know it's time to move on. When your boss thanks everyone else in your department and remembers them during key times of the year but never bothers to show appreciation for holding down an entire department almost entirely on your own, you know it's time to move on. When you don't receive a raise after more than a year of devoting far more time to the job and the company then either deserve based on a trumped up accusation that you are unorganized and incapable of handling your work, you realize it was time to go six months before the moment you find out your raise will never come to fruition. One wonders if it was just a smokescreen to stall for time to make room in the budget. Funds run low when every person who walks through the door gets a sign-on bonus for bringing their so-called experience to the table and then doesn't perform at all.

I have never before worked for a company where you were expected to give up every moment of your personal life for the sake of some almighty goal of exceeding customers' expectations when you are, in fact, a customer as well and are nothing but continually let down by upper management's bad behavior and unreasonable demands. There are a handful of people high up on the food chain who deserve the respect they receive and who truly know how to treat their employees. Sadly, I did not work for one of them. My efforts were not appreciated nor were my numerous positive contributions to the department or its processes. Leaving was the best and only option that made sense before I lost any more of myself working for ingrates.

Interesting.

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Unidine full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people can be good to work with - depending on site.

Cons

Communication needs work, Constant changing of upper management is frustrating and confusing.

Make sure everyone is on the same page