Unidine Reviews

Unidine President & CEO Richard Schenkel
Richard Schenkel

1. Above average, bad ending from HR department trust

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than a year)

Pros

fresh food concept is great for seniors

Cons

expanding faster than the ability to immplement changes needed in their accounts--HR needs to be more trusting of managers

more support in change over of new accounts

2. Constant Paranoia

Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Unidine full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for creativity with individualized account approaching to meeting client needs.

Cons

Poor systems set up, high executive level and district level turnover, poor communication to directors regarding performance and improvements.

Manage team more effectively by communicating, training and orienting before starting the job, and review budgets to meet needs of food service operations.

3. Always room for improvement

I have been working at Unidine full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fresh food concept room for growth. Your experience really depends on the account and the people you work with, same as all other companies. Also, you do have to front the charges for the orientation and get reimbursed later. It is a bit odd that you have to share a room with another person (to save on cost) unless you're a DM.

Cons

Lack of training and support, everything seems to drag on until some serious issue with the client arises.

Continue to work on company structure and training programs.

5. Somewhat poor

Current Employee - Chef in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Chef in Boston, MA

I have been working at Unidine

Pros

Free food while at work

Cons

Major staff turnover. Very high insurance rates.

Communicate more to all employees

I was a server, or the way they call it a "dietary aid worker."

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Unidine

Pros

collecting a paycheck and this is it

Cons

I worked in a nursing home in a kitchen for 7 years, then Unidine came in a screwed everything up. They promise you the world and you get nothing. They cut hours after city and state inspection came to check the kitchen to save money. They love to lie and saving money is their main concern. They are always right and dont bother giving your opinion because you will never get credit for it but they take it and get the credit. Overall you have to work hard and your duties are repetitive so at least you know what you are doing everyday. Mangement is a joke they dont know how to do anything.

Just shut down, your company is awful, and the people you send to different places only love to shop online and be on facebook. You guys only lie lie lie!

Horrid, unbelievable and I cried even thinking about work

Former Employee - Line Cook in Avilla, IN
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Avilla, IN

I worked at Unidine

Pros

No pros none at all. I would rather shoot myself in the foot. Never work for these people again.

Cons

Management sucked and would blame employees for their mistakes. Lie to residents, make food that nobody liked.

Nobody needs to work for these people. I was cussed at regularly by management. Shift supervisor lied to cover her mistakes. When I left I even left a msg formy district manager to speak to me. Never heard back. Maybe if I call EEOC he would have called. NO RESPECT FOR UPPER MANAGEMENT.

Delusions of grandeur, no accountability for upper management.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Vacation time, job was easy when we weren't understaffed (though that was a rare occasion), decent pay once I got promoted, free food, liked the residents.

Cons

Silly company mentality of trying to project an image of higher than actual quality to customers/clients.

Anything for the customer but always at the employees' expense.

Sleazy Upper management that shrugs off responsibility/ passes blame down, and dismisses employees' complaints/concerns only pretending to care or take action.

P.S. Overtime at Unidine seems to be a big no-no. Only the overworked cooks were given the OK to, everyone else, not so much. When I would occasionally make overtime my GM demanded to know why I was working so many extra hours.(Only 5-10 overtime) I explained that it was because I was working late almost every night because of short staffing, and they didn't believe me, and thought I was just sitting on the clock. And on multiple occasions found hours that I had worked omitted/deleted from my timecard on payday the next week.

Managers have power with almost no responsibility, blame is passed down.

Shady upper management.

I worked at Unidine (more than a year)

Pros

Food philosophy is awesome! But the company does not have the support or training structure in place.

Cons

Everything. Benefits are horrible, upper managment are self entitled foodies. By the way everyone in corporate claims to be a chef, yet the company is run son horribly. I personally witnessed upper managment lie to clients and residents about their fresh food approach........ Yeah same contract company different name.

Stand up to the standards the company says it has. If morning meetings are a company standard, upper managment should be involved when they visit. If you have nothing in your freezer because everything is fresh, then do so. We have to use Unidine recipes, yet get reprimanded when they suck.

Stop living to the client. Your front line managers have to cover your tracks. After all, we are the ones lives you hurt when you tell these lies.

Company does not focus on importance of the service, too wrapped up in the idea of programs

Former Employee - Dining Services Director
    Former Employee - Dining Services Director

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free lunches, salary is highest for job in the area.

Cons

Management is spread too thin in some places and tripping over each other in others, Help was begged for and never given at several accounts and on site manages were crucified for poor numbers.

No vacation your first year of employment, you have to fight for it. When you want to take it, it's too much of a burden or you have to break it up.

11. Server

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Unidine

Pros

I love working for the company . It's like a family . They give credit where it's due and they make sure the employees are well taken care of .

Cons

There are no cons for this company