Unidine

Richard Schenkel

Server

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Unidine

Pros

I love working for the company . It's like a family . They give credit where it's due and they make sure the employees are well taken care of .

Cons

There are no cons for this company

Company does not focus on importance of the service, too wrapped up in the idea of programs

Former Employee - Dining Services Director
    Former Employee - Dining Services Director

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunches, salary is highest for job in the area.

Cons

Management is spread too thin in some places and tripping over each other in others, Help was begged for and never given at several accounts and on site manages were crucified for poor numbers.

No vacation your first year of employment, you have to fight for it. When you want to take it, it's too much of a burden or you have to break it up.

No Work Life Balance

I have been working at Unidine (more than an year)

Pros

Fresh Food Philosophy, Marketing Material's are nicely done for promotions. Continuing education for CDM/RD is plentiful.

Cons

You have to pay out of pocket to attend Orientation which was a substantial cost for me.
    Orientation was a joke, we did a lot of sitting around waiting for people to present.
    IT department was not professional, there was a lot of screwing around while I was there. Horseplay, not impressed.
    Required to work 9 hour days.

Appreciate Managers out in the field who are in the trenches every day and sacrifice their family life to run the business.
    When missing the General Manager and a support manager is not present, compensation should be considered for extra duties and comprises the assistant director made to help the piece of business and keep the client happy.

Expect nothing more than aggravation and frustration from this thankless company...

Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boston, MA

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some wonderful people working in the office who genuinely care about what they do, not that it matters because no one recognizes hard work at this company.

Cons

Ridiculously expensive benefits that provide average at best coverage.
    A cost of over $3200 a year just to park your car at the office garage.
    Non-competitive salaries
    Eleven hour workdays and the evil eye if you dare to leave at the end of the eleventh hour.
    In my case, never a "thank you" for working above and beyond what most people in my line of work would ever agree to for any reason.
    An HR department that isn't willing to handle any situations that would be dealt with swiftly and judiciously at any other reputable company.

Learn to value the employee who devotes their life to making things simple for you and your staff. A "thank you" goes a long way. Taking a stellar employee for granted will only leave you without an employee in the end because at a certain point, you rally and gather up your self respect and you find another job. When you're supporting multiple people within a department and the vast majority of those people never think to thank you for your contribution to their monetary success, including your boss, you know it's time to move on. When your boss thanks everyone else in your department and remembers them during key times of the year but never bothers to show appreciation for holding down an entire department almost entirely on your own, you know it's time to move on. When you don't receive a raise after more than a year of devoting far more time to the job and the company then either deserve based on a trumped up accusation that you are unorganized and incapable of handling your work, you realize it was time to go six months before the moment you find out your raise will never come to fruition. One wonders if it was just a smokescreen to stall for time to make room in the budget. Funds run low when every person who walks through the door gets a sign-on bonus for bringing their so-called experience to the table and then doesn't perform at all.

I have never before worked for a company where you were expected to give up every moment of your personal life for the sake of some almighty goal of exceeding customers' expectations when you are, in fact, a customer as well and are nothing but continually let down by upper management's bad behavior and unreasonable demands. There are a handful of people high up on the food chain who deserve the respect they receive and who truly know how to treat their employees. Sadly, I did not work for one of them. My efforts were not appreciated nor were my numerous positive contributions to the department or its processes. Leaving was the best and only option that made sense before I lost any more of myself working for ingrates.

Interesting.

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at Unidine full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people can be good to work with - depending on site.

Cons

Communication needs work, Constant changing of upper management is frustrating and confusing.

Make sure everyone is on the same page

Failure to provide positive work experience

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Pay, and Descent benefits

Cons

Long days expected with out relief

Ensure that general manage rs follow the rules as they impose on others. Consistency and follow through by upper management would be nice. Listen to complaints about sexual or inappropriate comments being made and not turn them against the complainer.

Food Cost.

Current Employee - Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and a great fresh food concept, poorly managed, but great concept!

Cons

Poor organization, expensive benefits, shady company/office politics, terrible work platforms, way out of date Information technology, unreasonable expectations, does not value the people.

Stop trying to put the customer first at the expense and exploitation of the great people that work for you. Integrity and trust are worth way more than the dollar you sell out for. Your song and dance fools a lot of people, at first, but when the curtain is pulled back you are exposed and its a shame to see a company with such good intentions turn out to be empty, meaningless, words on paper in regards to how they treat their people.

I am a former employee, not bitter about Unidine, but disappointed in so much that I was told to get me in the door only to seek employment elsewhere. It was the shortest time I have ever spent with a company and I have always been a dedicated, hardworking member of upper management. The list of wrongs is much longer than the list of rights and I can only tell anyone what I experienced and that is FOOD does cost, it cost you time, effort, energy, sanity, patience, and dignity. Read the reviews and you will find some disgruntled/negative ratings but look beyond the emotion and ask yourself why would someone take the time to write a review? Do your due diligence before signing on to join the Unidine team, it was not a healthy experience for me...I hope at the very least this encourages you to dig a bit deeper and ask the tough questions and try to pull the curtain back and see for yourself.

I have been in management at Unidine for less than a year

I have been working at Unidine full-time

Pros

Fresh food concept is good and can be carried out with the right people in place.

Cons

Don't care about people at all. Dishonest, corporate support is a JOKE! Fill out a help ticket and wait....until you get in trouble for not doing what you filled out a help ticket for?
    They want to grow, but use severely outdated IT systems? Talk of Unidine acquiring another company?? They can't handle what they have!

Try taking stock of your most valuable asset, people in the trenches!
    Lower benefit costs, invest back in to the company.

unidine

Current Employee - Chef Manager in Ticonderoga, NY
    Current Employee - Chef Manager in Ticonderoga, NY

I have been working at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

all fresh no box foods

Cons

they don't listen to staff all time management not always right

look out for your staff

Great Corporate Dining job for restaurant line cooks looking for quality of life.

Current Employee - Line Cook in New Milford, CT
    Current Employee - Line Cook in New Milford, CT

I have been working at Unidine full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Uses a mix of fresh and purchased items making it enjoyable to prepare but not over the top stressful.

Cons

Cleaning tasks became lengthy and boring.