Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op

www.ufpc.com

Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op Reviews

3.4

Steven C. McCormick

Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op is now named Restaurant Supply Chain Solutions.

Former Employee - Program/Purchasing/Distribution/Supply-Chain Management in Louisville, KY

I worked at Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The professionalism and industry expertise of the team members and management. They effectively communicate company goals and objectives along with thorough quarterly updates provided by the CEO. Most of the people are great. Benefits are pretty solid. Profit sharing is nice.

Cons

Two restructuring layoffs of about 30 employees both times within the last few years.

Morale and work/life balance is declining.

Great experience until the first initial layoff.

Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY

I worked at Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility and some great people.

Cons

Some of upper management lacked ability to coach and mentor others.

N/A

Worked there for over 10 years, quality of the workplace declined towards the end of my tenure.

Former Employee - IT Developer in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - IT Developer in Louisville, KY

I worked at Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people here are great. Benefits are pretty solid. Profit sharing is nice, although there is a pretty big discrepancy between the management and non-management level in terms of bonuses. Maybe that's to be expected. Fairly relaxed timeline on projects in my experience.

Cons

HR needs overhauled, they are too overbearing. If they want to keep IT developers, then they need to at least try to keep up with current technologies. Morale within the entire company has declined beyond belief. Schedule and telecommuting flexibility is non-existent. I don't see how they can attract the best and brightest with the current state of the company. Hardly any room for growth. (in my experience)

HR needs to change their attitude towards their employees. Not everybody is out to get the company. I think some of the upper management folks let the power go to their heads.

If you're the best at what you do maybe UFPC is the next step in your evolution.

Current Employee - Program/Purchasing/Distribution/Supply-Chain Management in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op

Pros

The professionalism and industry expertise of the team members and management. The company makes every effort to equip us with the best IT and training. They effectively communicate company goals and objectives along with thorough quarterly updates provided by the CEO. There is a genuine spirit of comradery making it easy to focus on the challenge of the job at hand.

Cons

Being a co-op we are by design a lean operation. We were managing expenses when managing expenses wasn't cool but, the benefit of this stewardship is it prepared us for the difficult road ahead. Such as the recession we are presently weathering.

Stay the course.