Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op

Updated May 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven C. McCormick

Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op is now named Restaurant Supply Chain Solutions.

Program/Purchasing/Distribution/Supply-Chain Management (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe professionalism and industry expertise of the team members and management. They effectively communicate company goals and objectives along with thorough quarterly updates provided by the CEO. Most of the people are great. Benefits are pretty solid. Profit sharing is nice.

ConsTwo restructuring layoffs of about 30 employees both times within the last few years.

Morale and work/life balance is declining.

Great experience until the first initial layoff.

N/A (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsFlexibility and some great people.

ConsSome of upper management lacked ability to coach and mentor others.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Worked there for over 10 years, quality of the workplace declined towards the end of my tenure.

IT Developer (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsMost of the people here are great. Benefits are pretty solid. Profit sharing is nice, although there is a pretty big discrepancy between the management and non-management level in terms of bonuses. Maybe that's to be expected. Fairly relaxed timeline on projects in my experience.

ConsHR needs overhauled, they are too overbearing. If they want to keep IT developers, then they need to at least try to keep up with current technologies. Morale within the entire company has declined beyond belief. Schedule and telecommuting flexibility is non-existent. I don't see how they can attract the best and brightest with the current state of the company. Hardly any room for growth. (in my experience)

Advice to Senior ManagementHR needs to change their attitude towards their employees. Not everybody is out to get the company. I think some of the upper management folks let the power go to their heads.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you're the best at what you do maybe UFPC is the next step in your evolution.

Program/Purchasing/Distribution/Supply-Chain Management (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe professionalism and industry expertise of the team members and management. The company makes every effort to equip us with the best IT and training. They effectively communicate company goals and objectives along with thorough quarterly updates provided by the CEO. There is a genuine spirit of comradery making it easy to focus on the challenge of the job at hand.

ConsBeing a co-op we are by design a lean operation. We were managing expenses when managing expenses wasn't cool but, the benefit of this stewardship is it prepared us for the difficult road ahead. Such as the recession we are presently weathering.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course.

Worked for Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op? Contribute to the Community!