Unify

Unify Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Unify CEO Dean Douglas

Dean Douglas

Pros:
  • "Has great people who are the company's best asset, with long experience and extensive industry know how"
    in 18 reviews
  • "Good team spirit - nice working environment"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Stagnant salaries and no raises in the past five years"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Over worked, poor product quality, poor leadership, No 401K match, No Pension and now significant cuts to health care benefits"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very good-34 years as a employee

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment- very professional group of people..

ConsThe telecommunications industry has been shrinking with many major players falling.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer support has always been a hallmark of our company, don't sacrifice for bottom line numbers..

Been here long time and continue to watch it dissintegrate

R & D (Current Employee)
    Boca Raton, FL

ProsThe people left are fantastic, hard working, knowledgeable, dedicated and have made huge personal sacrifices over the years for the benefit of the company.

ConsExecutive team has no knowledge of our products, customers, or culture. Nor do they have a desire to learn these to ensure we continue to create world-class products.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee Cons. Decision making based on bean counting is only one way to run a business (and not a very good one).

Lost in restructuring and reorganization

Marketing Communications Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsGood people, products and services....

ConsLack of go to market strategy, too many different strategies with failure of execution. New CEO now bringing in his own team, and under utilizes the in house expertise. Continuous restructuring without stability. HR leadership (Germany) a mess, in helping on restructuring and realistic goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime is of the essence, it's a shame the opportunities that are lost. Need to value the rich dept of the people, and help shape a more realistic transformation.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Manager at Unify

Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsGood pay, good benefits, esp good vacation time.

ConsOver bloated management and they suck

Advice to Senior ManagementCut at mgmt level, not workers

A Zombie -- Dead but just doesnt know it

Sales Manager (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people .. ok products

ConsCareer Opportunities means not getting laid off

Advice to Senior Managementstop with the reorgs

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Employees are just a source of revenue.........

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsGreat benefits, pay is average. Employees work great with each other.

ConsNo raises for over 5 years, no job security, they have had 8 staff reductions in the last 5 years. Employees are expectedit is not apprecitated to be available 24x7, even while on vacation

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better. The employees that remain are very talented and skilled they deserve to be treated better.

It was a challenging environment to develop new business

Senior Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGood energy and aggressive marketing

ConsDwindling but loyal customer base cannot sustain the grow needed by the company as it spins away from the behemoth that is Siemens

Journey at SEN is challenging in a constantly changing environment.

Technical Manager (Current Employee)

ProsExtensive product portfolio, solid design with a large legacy customer base in the Enterprise market. Top notch innovation and development teams. Global presence and support structure.

ConsOverall organization of the company (sales, service, target markets) has been in a constant state of flux over the past few years, which has had a negative effect on its employees, including ever shrinking benefits and perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpcoming rebranding of the company must draw positive reviews with partners, channels and customers. Sales objectives must be in-line with achievable targets. Need to be more cognizant and rewarding of the talent pool in the company that must be retained in order to achieve a greater degree of success.

At one time it was a great place to work. I miss that place.

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsGreat people with great skills. The products were in line with the latest technology. Some was ahead of it's time. We were all able to telework and working from home, were able to simulate being in the same office. My first line management folks were great and very supportive.

ConsUpper management was only interested in the bottom line. I didn't get a raise for over 5 years. Managing a US market base from Munich never works for the US customers and employees. It is a global company but our marketshare in the US never regained its momentum after Siemens bought out ROLM. It was cut, cut, cut. Close offices, lay offs and lose customers. Existing customers believed we didn't have enough support staff to take care of them. Hard to sell to new customers with references like that.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove US decisions to the US and focus on your customer. Try to attract new talent by offering decent wages and create some good incentive packages and benefits. Take some risks! I miss working there and you eliminated my whole group. Protect existing customers.

Good products and people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood workers and the company has teleworking. Employees want to achieve the company goal by doing more with less.

ConsCompensation level, benefits, layoffs, not enough infrastructure support.

Worked for Unify? Contribute to the Community!

Unify Videos

Unify – Why Work for Us?

Welcome to a unified world. Unify, formerly Siemens Enterprise Communications, is a global communications software and services company. Our new name reflects perfectly what we do: we unify our customers… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unify reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unify CEO Dean Douglas. All 157 reviews posted anonymously by Unify employees.