Unilever

Unilever Reviews in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 5, 2014

Unilever CEO and Director Paul Polman

Paul Polman

Pros
  • Work/life balance is fair but seems to be getting worse each year (in 56 reviews)

• Flexible working hours, great remuneration and understanding line managers (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance, lack of opportunities to move up unless you relocate (in 44 reviews)

• decision-making can be complicated & slow since this is a matrix organisation (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights
17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

An incredible learning experience thus far and seemingly lots to look forward to in the future!

CDRP Analyst (Current Employee) Lisle, IL

ProsUnilever is truly a company that cares about their employees. I feel as though I have recieved such an incredible amount of training and unique experiences that will help me shape my career with them in the future. There is no lack of respect or acknowledgement for the completion of good work at Unilever and it seems like an outstanding place to build a career.

ConsSome aspects of the communication between Human Resources and employees as well as Human Resources and Field Management has room for improvement but small changes stand to make big differences on this topic.

Unilever is a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsUnilever views their insight team as a strategic partner and is a very consumer focused business. The Chicago office has a great energy and is a fun place to work.

ConsAs with most large corporations, Unilever can be really political and the many processes can be really cumbersome. Also, Chicago office is closing.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo words of feedback - experience at Unilever has been really positive and I'd recommend them as an employer to anyone looking to work there.

Unilever-- know what you are getting yourself into

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosgreat resume line; tons of outside opportunities

Constoo much bureaucracu; can't react to the market fast enough; not a sales driven organization; marketers need to spend much more time with customers

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be surprised about attrition considering your salary modeal

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not familar with this name

Project Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI think that they are very diverse in their approch to the business envrionment and the business. Benefits package includes Domestic Partnership benefits. Big plus. Work life balance is important and they walk the talk.

ConsMiddle management is basicly non-exsistant, so moving up at times can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make sure you don't forget the little guy

Simon...learn some real marketing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople, People, People. Pay is good.

ConsComplexity, Stakeholder Management, Matrix organization

Advice to Senior ManagementKill the org framework...it sucks.

Great place to make your own career.

Brand Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexibility; International mobility; professional growth

ConsBig. Matrixed. No single point of decision-making.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline decision-making

i really enjoyed my job, I wish I had the opportunity to move to a different job when my existing job was eliminated

Senior IPM Coordinator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBalance of work and home

ConsDisassociation of team members in different catagories

Advice to Senior ManagementMore recognition and respect of lower level workers

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!