Unilever PLC Reviews

Updated August 13, 2014
3.8

Unilever PLC CEO and Director Paul Polman
Paul Polman

Fantastic place to work for and learn.

Former Employee - Finance Director  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Finance Director in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Unilever PLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People oriented, international workplace. Highly competitive.

Cons

Work load and too many meetings (of which many do not add any value) keep you out from the real world. It is a big shock when you leave the company.

Great place to work

I worked at Unilever PLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to progress; good training programmes; ambitious but friendly colleagues; good atmosphere; decent salary and lots of Unilever freebies!

Cons

Flexible working arrangements not possible in my role (but may have been elsewhere).

Great place to work

Current Employee - Learning Manager  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Learning Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unilever PLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Headroom to follow up on new ideas, friendly atmosphere, truly global, very human generally, inspiring CSR mission that really matters (not just greenwashing), very varied, some roles offer good work-life balance, virtual working

Cons

Can be a bit silo-mentality, need to do lots of stakeholder management which can slow things down a bit, pay is good but not best-in-class but the pros outweigh this IMHO

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Current Employee - Demand Planner
    Current Employee - Demand Planner

I have been working at Unilever PLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Agile working and working from home

Cons

salaries are less than compettitor firms

increase pay

Exciting, challenging, rewarding and fun.

Current Employee - Customer Account Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Account Manager

I have been working at Unilever PLC

Pros

Unilever is a very large global company and as a result there are a plethora of opportunities both in the UK and abroad.

The Unilever culture is based around people. They understand stand that if they treat the employees right then they will get the success that they want.

Cons

Due to the size of Unilever, you can sometimes find yourself lost in such a huge organization. when in the UK business it is sometimes hard to think of the business as global, however my next role in brand development may help to change this.

I would say that the higher levels should get more traction with the Unilever graduates. It is the Unilever Future Leaders Program and therefore i believe meeting higher management at the start would provide inspriation and support for the future.

Unilever, a lovely company to work for.

I have been working at Unilever PLC

Pros

Unilever is a lovely company to work for with awesome opportunities for learning, personal and professional development through trainings and on the job skills acquisition. There are systems and processes in place to guide and aid performance. There is strong emphasis on delivery of set targets while not compromising ones integrity

Cons

There is usually a lot to do so if time management is not a strong competence, there is the tendency to get work life balance wrong.

I'm enjoying my career in Unilever and I think it is a result of the clarity of the focus and direction of the leadership team. There are also many members of the leadership team that inspire confidence and respect in me.

The company is a great place to learn and be groomed for top leadership position in business.

Former Employee - Procurement  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Former Employee - Procurement in Lagos (Nigeria)

I worked at Unilever PLC as an intern for more than a year

Pros

The company offers opportunities for career growth and development. Promotion is merit driven.it is an highly innovative company with great prospects for career advancement.

Cons

Once you pitch your tent with this company, the likelihood of leaving for other company is very slim.

Implement and sustain a robust succession plan for the next generation of leaders.

Great business to work for!

I have been working at Unilever PLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked with many great colleagues over the years and had the opportunity to work across a number of functions and in different countries. Experienced and learnt so many things. Ambitious growth plans, but also very focused on sustainability and core values

Cons

Has become much more streamlined in recent years, hence less promotional activity (more time spent at current job level, unless fast track). Has been active on promoting work life balance, but hasn't always worked out for some colleagues. At times not as quick to market as it should be.

A great business, that can be even greater. The people that work for Unilever are its greatest asset, please continue to develop and manage to their full potential.

Unilever is a great place to work

Current Employee - Customer Development Finance Business Partner  in  Durban (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Customer Development Finance Business Partner in Durban (South Africa)

I have been working at Unilever PLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great upbeat culture
    Major emphasis on performance
    Great support with regards to development i.e. mentoring/coaching
    Large leading FMCG
    Socially responsible
    Easily accessible senior management

Cons

Career opportunities are great but they take some time in materialising

Living Vitality

Former Employee - Customer Development Intern  in  Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Customer Development Intern in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Unilever PLC as an intern for more than a year

Pros

At least as an intern, you learn from the best, you work with the best and then you at least think you become the best

Cons

Even from an intern's standpoint, the workload can sometimes see you spending more than 9 hours in the office or on the road

Unilever PLC Photos

Factory Italy

+ Add Photo

Worked for Unilever PLC? Contribute to the Community!