Union Bank N.A.

www.unionbank.com

Union Bank N.A. Reviews in Brea, CA

Union Bank N.A. President & CEO Masashi Oka

Masashi Oka

Pros
  • benefits,opportunity to grow, work life balance, work at home option policy(in 22 reviews)

• Very good benefits with exception of their health insurance, which it is extremely expensive(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Much of senior management is top notch - very few bad eggs(in 14 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't always listen to ideas/opinions of their employees(in 14 reviews)

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brea, CA

ProsPay wasn't great but not bad either
    Benefits ok

ConsHorrible schedule
    Favoritism for promotions
    Supervisors are not always professional and gossip with employees

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't believe everything supervisors say. If they like you, they will promote.

Unappreciative company to work for with clueless managers

Direct Banking Specialist (Former Employee) Brea, CA

Prosthey have casual dress on fridays

ConsNo room for growth within the company

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should appreciate their employees better, and learn the business , so when we have questions you can help us instead of blowing us off.

Small bank, big joke

AML/BSA (Current Employee) Brea, CA

ProsBenefits, variety of teas in the break room, etc.

ConsGood old boy style of management. They are all friends, they never get fired regardless of how bad their performance is.
    Stay away from AML, especially in BREA. Clueless people. In 2 years they had a turnover of 20 people. And still people are leaving or want to leave. There is a reason they are alway job postings for AML/BSA employees. Only buttkissers get promoted, all managers and leads are friends. STAY AWAY FROM THIS JOKE OF A PLACE!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing is going to change, management keeps doing whatever they want, so what's the point of giving advice to them?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not the best, but not the worst.

BOS Unit Associate (Former Employee) Brea, CA

ProsManagement was pretty flexible. Good work atmosphere and the bank is truly trying to expand itself to be more competitive on a national level.

ConsThere appears to be no upward mobility. It will take a few years at one position before you can seen growth onward. I personally saw a lot of internal transfer between departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore proactive feedback given to the employees about performance and current standing.

Stable work, have to pay time to move up- health benifits not so great

Small Business Sales Officer (Current Employee) Brea, CA

ProsStability, its not publicly traded bank so you have better job security and better ways to get new clients that expect strong financial stability

ConsHealth benefits are a joke. Its cheaper to go through the health insurance directly you could get a similar or less quote. Vision coverage just covers glasses every other year. So it may be great for the older people but not the younger ones since we are paying the high premiums for the older workers :(

Advice to Senior Management"As is" to branch management I hear from customers that customer service needs to be improved and tellers need to be more customer friendly

Worked for Union Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!