Union Bank N.A.

Union Bank N.A. Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated May 1, 2014

Union Bank N.A. President & CEO Masashi Oka

Masashi Oka

Pros
  • benefits,opportunity to grow, work life balance, work at home option policy (in 22 reviews)

• Very good benefits with exception of their health insurance, which it is extremely expensive (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Much of senior management is top notch - very few bad eggs (in 14 reviews)

• Upper Management doesn't always listen to ideas/opinions of their employees (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights
29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good job

Assistant Vice President, Ops Risk Analyst (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBenefits are strong and compatable

ConsPolitics are everywehre and too much of red tape

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's about time to realize we are in the 21st century now.

Look somewhere else

Vice President (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsJob Stability ...you really have to be dumb enough to get fired from Union Bank.

ConsMost of the people in the marketing organization are pretty lame. They are there either because of politics or because they don't want to do much in their career. If you are ambitious, wants to grow fast and learn, look for some other organization. If you want to work in an organization which pays decent but where most of the people are not smart enough, then its the place to be in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo and work for few months in a start-up and learn how they should run an organization. The bank is not changing fast enough to handle changing customer preferences. They are not a leader but rather a follower.

slow, painful, mismanaged

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat people who care about their customers

ConsManagement that does not care

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company; poor management

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat company with growth potential. Product partner support...limited management support.

ConsManagement has unrealistic goals, expectations, and processes to get desired result.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote managers from the field with real life experience. Those currently in management are too far removed and simply out of touch with reality.

Good Company to work for

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe bank is one of the last banks in North America where people can begin and end their career in the same place.

ConsWhen I left, there was a buyout by the Japanese shareholders and a lot of changes were going on. I am sure the dust has settled and a lot of people I knew are still there and still happy.

Struggling Information Technology Department

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSupport telecommuting; somewhat flexible work hours

Consstalled career growth; aging technology stack; lack of training opportunities and career growth support; no shared visions across departments; too many time-consuming & unnecessary processes; overloaded workforce; low employee morale

A Very Responsible Bank That Is Headed For Greatness!

IT Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsUnion Bank is led by a CEO that has built a strong leadership team that lives by the company values. They are making the right investments to grow the bank in the right ways. The company is doing a good job competing in its markets.

ConsThe bank is going through some growing pains and should focus more on customer services.

It has been a great place to start my banking career.

LDP (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsProvides you a place where you can learn and contribute to many different areas of the bank.

ConsThe pay is low compared to similar companies and there was no room for negotiation in salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want get and retain young bright employees you need to offer a competitive salary.

Living the dream

Vice President (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsOne of the greatest component of Union Bank are their benefits. We have a pension program that can't be matched by any other employer.

ConsLack of communication from Senior Managment on strategic innitiatives. Outdated technology.

Uber-Politics filled with Mangament only looking out for themselves and pension

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosgreat team menbers and friendly work environment

Consno room for growth, no career development, no point to be ambitious, filled with senoir managers just looking to get by while doing minimal work and mazimizing corporate expense policies.

Advice to Senior Managementweed out the free-loaders and recognize who really drives business

Worked for Union Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!