Union Bank N.A.

Union Bank N.A. Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Union Bank N.A. President & CEO Masashi Oka

Masashi Oka

Pros:
  • "Union Bank is a good place to work for where they value work-life balance and employee goals"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Very good benefits with exception of their health insurance, which it is extremely expensive"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Much of senior management is top notch - very few bad eggs"
    in 13 reviews
  • "lots of long term employees make it harder for advancement unless you move departments"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Union Bank N.A.

Proshealthy bank, good pay, nice benefits, good leadership, good co-workers. Generally a great place to work

Consthere are no cons i can think of

Produce or look elsewhere

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people to work with and very community. Great clients too.

ConsIncreased goals. No support From upper management. They seems to be pissed when you can reach your goals. Most of them worked in a different time when banking was different. Technology is not there very outdated programs. DOS

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper managements needs to work in an office for a week. They need to see the changes that are happening.

Operations Specialist

Operations Specialist (Former Employee)
Ladera Ranch, CA

I worked at Union Bank N.A. full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get to learn a lot, work with people. The pay was pretty good too, and I enjoyed being in an air-conditioned office. It was fun.

ConsThe job could get boring at times. The computer programs were also antiquated and was constantly going off-line. Other things, like paper time cards, were also old-fashioned.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease update technology and improve the computer programs. This makes it very hard to accomplish what the customers want us to do.

Moving towards the "Wells Fargo" way of banking where turnover starts to increase.

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time

ProsHigh pay, but you truly have to work hard and get business in. Many growth opportunities from within if you produce well.

ConsProduce or you won't last long. Period. Loyalty doesn't mean a thing anymore.

slow, painful, mismanaged

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Union Bank N.A. full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people who care about their customers

ConsManagement that does not care

Great opportunities if you and ready to work for it

Vice President (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time for more than a year

ProsDecent compensation
Great opportunities if you are willing to seek them out
Absolutely fabulous people

ConsWith the rapid change and growth, it's a bit of the wild west, you need to be prepared for lack of handholding

Advice to Senior ManagementBe prepared to reward the ones that get you there
Force all levels for management to communicate the vision, not just senior leadership through blasts and town halls

The BCC is a sweatshop with no opportunity for growth

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time

ProsThe bathrooms were recently remodeled -- the old ones were quite unsanitary. (Yes, this is actually one of the only "pros")
And there is opportunity to meet some great people despite the terrible working conditions.

ConsThere is absolutely no opportunity for growth but the worst part is management continues to promise a very bright near future. These promises, without fail, never come to fruition. The conditions of the center are horribly depressing - there is no sunlight, lingering odors, and crammed cubicles. Co-workers are negative, hostile, demanding, and unpleasant to work with. The pay is low as it is and material raises are hardly ever given. Working at the BCC is draining, depressing, and dissatisfying.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees - especially those who go above and beyond. Say good job and thank you and maybe hand out a bonus or a raise every once and a while.

Excellent

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. part-time

ProsVery good company to be a part of.

ConsTechnology can be a little better

Warm, customer-focused atmosphere

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time

ProsUnion Bank is incredibly customer focused and the culture in place is one of support between employees, and actively searching to give the customer the best products and referrals possible.

ConsThis bank is behind the other large banks in technology and intuitiveness of processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on updating your technology!

Good bank to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Union Bank N.A. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsUnion Bank is a good place to work for where they value work-life balance and employee goals. They provide good benefits, retirement plan (if employment exceeds 5 years), upward mobility and opportunities to shine. Management continually requests feedback from employees through surveys on various aspects of the job--work load, job satisfaction, management performance and attentiveness, what can be improved. Team work and diversity is great. Take care of employees in an event of layoffs by providing severance pay and outplacement services.

ConsIn terms of technology, Union Bank is a bit behind in the industry which can create frustrations but they are actively working on improving that. Pay is on the lower side compared to industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove pay to increase incentive and attract talent, define individual goals to achieve if one is to succeed and advance in career. No defined goals can lead to unnecessary and unproductive competition between co-workers who are part of the same team. This will foster collaboration and overall team success.

Worked for Union Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Union Bank N.A. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Union Bank N.A. CEO Masashi Oka. All 206 reviews posted anonymously by Union Bank N.A. employees.