Uniqlo Reviews

111 reviews filtered by
2.5
Uniqlo Chairman, President and CEO Tadashi Yanai
Tadashi Yanai

Pros
  • The people working there are really nice and the 30% discount you get is really nice (in 12 reviews)

• Understanding of customer service (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Working long hours, customers has no common sense, so in the end staff have to suffer (in 11 reviews)

• Work life balance is terrible, they expect Uniqlo to be your life (in 6 reviews)

1. Great office, team needs more collaboration

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY

I have been working at Uniqlo

Pros

Great Office space, apparel discount, open concept

Cons

lack of communication, poor management

be more involved with on boarding processes

2. Good working environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Uniqlo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Managements are nice and helpful. Coworkers are like friends and family. Get paid more than minimum pay.

Cons

No enough hours during non-shopping season. Some rules are too strict.

3. They gave me a chance in a down economy, rewarded my performance, and trained me well.

Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Uniqlo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Uniqlo hires friendly and bubbly people, so your colleagues are great, bright, motivated people. Uniqlo does performance reviews every 3 months, and if you are smart and competent they will train and promote you. The clothes and discount are great, and Japanese culture is still a strong influence in the company (which is a plus to me, but might be a con to others). Full-time benefits are solid.

Cons

This company is cheap. They don't spring for big repairs, professional housekeepers, etc. They will slave you to death *if you allow it*! They don't value work-life balance at all. Their non-exempt wages are above industry average, but their exempt wages are not. After a certain point, your career progression stalls as the company pursues its preference for its bad Uniqlo Management Candidate program over developing internal talent.

The UMC program is terrible from their recruitment to their training - that's why they have abysmal retention and that's why the few who make it through perform poorly. It is a colossal and continuous waste of time and money. Spend that time and money developing internal candidates instead.

5. Being lackadaisical or even yet just doing what your told doesn't cut it out at an hourly job.Competitiveness is there

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Uniqlo part-time (more than a year)

Pros

95% of my coworkers were great people and it definitely made it a friendly environment to work at. But those 5% were possibly vying for the top but in a totally wrong and ridiculous way. But in regards to the size of the store its bound to happen.

Cons

Language barrier is somewhat noticeable, but there is no conversation at all between top management and any sales associates.

Figure out micro/macro management. Simple things as a hello from a superior can mean so much.

6. Enjoyed my time working here, easy to gain responsibilities, people who want to become a higher-up need to take tests.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Uniqlo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is to experience a different type of work-life culture. The politeness and Japanese culture is definitely something than can be new and refreshing.

Cons

Strict values, emphasis on perfection and tidiness. Will ask you to stay over time to finish the job. Security and management not flexible at times. Need to take a test to become a supervisor.

Reward your retail associates that are doing a good job. Overall, I would definitely work here again.

7. Retail Associate

I have been working at Uniqlo

Pros

treat their workers very nice. easy to get promoted

Cons

management is a little shaky

8. Associate

I worked at Uniqlo

Pros

Good Place and Good people I worked with

Cons

None that I can think of

9. Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Uniqlo part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The handful of co-workers who help/know what they're doing without constant guidance

Cons

Hours go from extreme load to almost non-existent, absolutely no resources ever consistently stocked (paper towels, cleaning products), any helpful suggestions to supervisors/managers are completely ignored

I made a website on my own accord to try and alleviate some of the problems at work as far as scheduling and communication between the employees is concerned- I was blatantly ignored twice when I sent the link to the manager. Forced to clean the entire break room floor with only a "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" supply; it took 2 hours with everyone coming in and out on their breaks and making it a mess again. Managers and supervisors (when they actually know what's going on) make you do back-breaking work while they stand around criticizing other staff. NOT. WORTH. IT.

10. Great seasonal job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Uniqlo

Pros

Good pay and friendly staff. Easy to move up.

Cons

Late hours and long shifts.

11. Laid-back environment for low-pay.

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Uniqlo part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back management and staff. Good Discount of 30% - including items that are on sale at the end of the season. Staff really supported each other. You often got to pick what job you wanted to do for the day.

Cons

Low Pay. The managers sometimes have no idea what they're doing - making it awkward for the associates. One manager will tell you to do one thing, another will contradict the first, and then the boss will contradict the other two. Meaning, you have to do the same task, three times, doing some little thing different each time.

Uniqlo Photos

Uniqlo Kensington High Street (Photo thanks to Geograph user Paul Farmer, Some Rights Reserved)
Uniqlo (Fifth Ave Flagship (Photo thanks to Flickr user JasonParis, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo