Uniqlo Usa Reviews

Reset
2.3
Uniqlo Usa Chairman, CEO, & President Tadashi Yanai
Tadashi Yanai

Pros
  • 30% discount on items that are not promotional or final sale (in 17 reviews)

• Depending on your location, there is great room for growth within the company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is nonexistent (in 10 reviews)

• RULES: strict : dress code check in the mornings (in 14 reviews)

1. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Uniqlo Usa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of diverse and cool people. They really make working here manageable. Decent salary. I helped open one of the stores and it was really fun and exciting.

Cons

24/7 smiling. This is so dumb and fake I got customers telling me that people looked unnatural and creepy. Management doesn't really care to much about you since you are replaceable. Our break room for 30+ employees was as small as the manager's office; and we got a mini fridge instead of a regular sized one...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better and you'll get more quality work without having people leave so much.

2. Horrible place

I have been working at Uniqlo Usa

Pros

The associates you work with are the only thing that gets you through your day.

Cons

Often given management responsibilities without getting paid to do so. Management is too caught up in office work, they often forget to check up on the store itself.

Advice to Management

This is USA not Japan. Work ethic needs to change. Unrealistic tasks given in unrealistic the frames.

3. SIT/ Supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Uniqlo Usa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opening a new store was a great experience. Uniqlo dedicates a lot of time and money on training new hires. Supervisors are given a LOT of responsibility, which is great because you're part of the managerial department of the store. Good pay, good work ethic, PTO for Supervisors is 20 days i think? Also, you can move up in the company, FAST.

Cons

"Standard" is a word you will get sick of hearing. Some stores you can wear nose piercings, some you can't (you think it'd be "standard" one way or the other) Chaotic retail, I've never worked at a place where your head is constantly spinning due to lack of organization.

Advice to Management

communications is a must, and so it team work. If you see there is an obvious problem, you need to work it out asap.

5. Don't get paid enough...

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Daly City, CA

I worked at Uniqlo Usa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount: 30% & can be combined with markdown items

Cons

Mandatory to work inventory days even if you have school. Don't get paid enough for the work you put in. Have to come in early to set up the store and leave late to uphold the standard of the store.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and maybe people won't quit.

6. Semi Okay,

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uniqlo Usa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good clothes, love employees, very clean, visiting other stores meeting new people

Cons

very very stressful, superiors always find something to say neg... never happy. HR covers up BIG mistakes of the company, give run arounds when trying to get a promotion.

Advice to Management

treat managers equal and appreciate them!

Uniqlo Associate

Current Employee - Uniqlo Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Uniqlo Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uniqlo Usa

Pros

You get some good training here, and coworkers are pretty good people for the most part. They provide a very structured way to move up in the company. Pay is also pretty good.

Cons

Doesn't provide a good work-life balance. They make you do lots of pointless work.

8. it started great but it gets worse over time

Former Employee - Overnight Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Overnight Associate in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Uniqlo Usa part-time (More than a year)

Pros

30% employee discount paid sick leave great pay

Cons

management changes every once in a while

Advice to Management

should know your associates capacity and don't expect to finish a workload for 10 people when theres only two people working

9. DONT JUST DONT

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Uniqlo Usa

Pros

The discount was good 30% off + on sale items too, your co workers are literally your only friends.

Cons

No hours ! For a Visual you would expect to have enough hours to make the store look good but that's impossible ! Had to do all my visual work by myself ! No team in less than 14 hrs a week. Overnights every Sunday of my life even if you're not doing visual work they expect to work as a sales. Last time I checked I was a Visual ?? They expect so much from you too much criticism not enough encouargement. My manager would cuss me out if something was wrong but how do you expect someone to make it right when your yelling in my ear. MANAGEMENT IS HORRIBLE !! I addressed problems I had with my store manager and she didn't even care !!! Unbelievable. I've worked retail my whole life but they take the cake in the worst retail store to work for. You get promotions every 3 months but if they forget to give you a review you just won't get one period. So I didn't receive a promotion because she decided she just didn't want me to have it even though I had all the points ? Their morals and work ethics are a disgrace.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you know what your doing and actually pay attention to your employees who make you look good and not the opposite.

Retail is retail, but I've had better experiences

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uniqlo Usa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic product (both quality and style) for its price point. Great designer collaborations - Preserving its Japanese heritage through great customer service and brand - Fast paced work environment - Career progression and management training available, if you have the work ethic - Don't get that many benefits considering

Cons

- Those not familiar or comfortable with Japanese work culture it can be very rigid, perfectionistic, borderline demeaning (like assembling in front of the manager before every shift and yelling out cringe worthy customer service phrases and daily revenue/targets while only getting slightly above SF minimum wage) - Management is seems stressed and overworked which results in unnecessary passive aggressiveness to junior staff - Cliquey - it's pretty much a store full of college students and it gets super lame, superficial and very 'high school'

Advice to Management

- Better training required for new hires - Stop taking yourselves so seriously

11. division advisor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Uniqlo Usa part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

one of the best fast fashion retailer with good org culture, in stores colleges are super awesome.

Cons

have overnight shift for every employee with intensive working pressure.

RSS Feed </> Embed