Unisys

Unisys Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Unisys Chairman and CEO Ed Coleman

Ed Coleman

Pros
  • Good work life balance, management supports innovation(in 47 reviews)

• Flexible working Hours ( really flexible) can do Work from Home as well(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation, Senior Management - No people management skills(in 23 reviews)

• Don't waste your time with trying to get into L2 or upper management positions(in 23 reviews)

Purchasing/Buyer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McCleans Corner, MD

Prosit is only a JOB

Consmanagement is lacking in assett mangement department they play musical chairs with you life

Advice to Senior Managementtake two seats

Unisys is shrinking in size because of continues force reductions

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsUnisys has great talented people that work hard to make up for the continues force reductions. it has a good field services model.

ConsNo new business/ revenue in IT, aging company that many are close to retirement. No merit increases or yearly bonuses for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorg the managements layer (the leadership overhead not the working bees). Provide leadership strategy bec Unisys lacked it for years.

learned a lot in six years, good company now in trouble

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGlobal footprint for doing business, excellent people that actually deliver quality service.

Some good products with forward, stealth, Cloud management, Service Management ITSM

ConsChallenging environment to grow business with embedded culture and current financials

Old processes inhibit go to market speed with new services, not capability to commercially work
    with as a Service market, everything is custom solutions

moved chairs around on sinking ship

Advice to Senior Managementchange leadership, to much turnover of key people that turned around Unisys in previous years

Way too political

No investment in outside capabilities to grow business, just keeping lights on, no real raises in years

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Old School Big Company, Future is uncertain

Client Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsLong lasting company. been around forever.

Consvision is not clear. not changing the right things to keep up with competition

Mediocre at best.

Manager (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsGood training for employees.

ConsRaises are very low and can take much longer than annually.

Not Too Bad

IT Team Supervisor (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsI worked there for almost 10 years. There were a ton of positives and I was able to travel the world. Promotions were few and far between but it is a great place to be while continuing you education. You will normally be working with a great team of people at this company

ConsThe pay was poor compaired to the tasks performed but you did get a ton of experience. Unisys has 2 seperate companies, UTS and Unisys. In the United States most call center employees are under UTS and have substandard pay and benefits. If you are looking for a job with Unisys and not UTS the benefits are much better.

Worked there for over 20 years.

Global Program Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Mission Viejo, CA

ProsGood standards, good knowledgeable people.

ConsLayoffs when the company grew too fast to 125,000 employees, now down to 23,000. Has been fairly steady for the last few years.

good

Prosgood company to work for

Consno cons i can think of

Disproportionate expectations

Break/Fix Technician (Current Employee) Dayton, OH

Pros-I got to travel alot.
    -I learned how to fix fix various systems.
    -The tech that trained me was knowledgeable and friendly.

ConsFor $10/hour I had to sign a release for my health and financial records.
    No time table was given for obtaining my certifications.
    Unisys terminated my employment in a week's time with no reason given.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor such a low salary, it's not worth giving out health and financial records to a corporation.

Great Entry-Level IT

Request Management Coordinator (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsUnisys offers a challenging environment that will keep you on your toes and not know what to expect from day to day

ConsUnisys offers a challenging environment that will keep you on your toes and not know what to expect from day to day

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest piece of advice I can give to Mgmt is you need to firm up your communication about things that directly impact employees. We're left 'interpreting' the Quarterly and Annual financial performance of the company and wondering if that will impact whether or not we're getting a raise and left to read the tea leaves. If we're not going to get a raise, just come out and say it. If we're going to get a raise, just come out and say it.

Worked for Unisys? Contribute to the Community!